Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

Labadal fails at film watching.

I saw the X-Men the other day and it was very enjoyable. Great performances from both leads and from the villain. McAvoy and Fassbender really make the film work. The plot is a bit iffy especially with emotions and the girl playing Mystique was terrible.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Romeo Must Die.. - To my mind, a woefully underrated film. It's entertaining, it's got some outrightly chuckleworthy lines/scenes, some snazzy outfits, some amusing martial arts sequences, and one stunningly hot lady (which always hits the slightly mournful that Aaliyah had that unfortunate plane crash..)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Romeo Must Die.. - To my mind, a woefully underrated film. It's entertaining, it's got some outrightly chuckleworthy lines/scenes, some snazzy outfits, some amusing martial arts sequences, and one stunningly hot lady (which always hits the slightly mournful that Aaliyah had that unfortunate plane crash..)

Completely agree. There are some movies where I basically have to wince every time the female lead is on screen (because they are so gorgeous, there are others where they are so bad, but I digress)... I've somehow managed to forget some, but Romeo Must Die and Desperado are definitely on that list.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, Battle:Los Angeles wasn't anything like I expected. Not that I'm sure what I was expecting. It played more like a "follow the cut off & besieged military unit, hoo-rah" war movie....except the enemies were aliens. Up until the very end, I was actually kind of enjoying it because of that - vs. it being more ID4 like, say - but the ending was weak. Nothing special, but a lot better than Skyline, imo.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

True Grit - The newer one. It was fantastic. Just about everything a western should be. My wife didn't like Matt Damon as a Texas Ranger though, but I thought he was good. It could have had more Josh Brolin.

I saw Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Liked it a lot. Easily the best of the three.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The Mechanic - Jason Statham being Statham. It was solid enough, quite different than I expected.

But they gave it a happy ending!

I mean, sure it was competent and fairly good for what it was. But hollywood changed it to a happy ending!

The Mechanic - Jason Statham being Statham. It was solid enough, quite different than I expected.

But they gave it a happy ending!

I mean, sure it was competent and fairly good for what it was. But hollywood changed it to a happy ending!

I didn't see the original, didn't it have Michael Cain in it? I'm sure that would have colored it for me.

It wasn't really much of a happy ending. After Statham's big truck blows up, he walks a little way and gets in a bigger truck. Is that really happily ever after?

I didn't see the original, didn't it have Michael Cain in it? I'm sure that would have colored it for me.

It wasn't really much of a happy ending. After Statham's big truck blows up, he walks a little way and gets in a bigger truck. Is that really happily ever after?

The original had Charles Bronson in the role that Statham played and Jan-Michael Vincent as the Apprentice. Directed by Michael Winner.

And in the original, he dies. No last minute reprieve, no slow rewind to show an escape. He was dead, he expected it. (and yes, he still had that setup and the message left for his "apprentice")

I'm hijacking for "DVDs you've seen recently."

Just finished up Babylon 5 season 3. The final two episodes really put the Soap Opera in Space Opera.

I kid you not, a snowglobe hit the floor.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Saw half of "Old Dogs"...it was free. But even for free, half was enough & I turned it off. You'd think with Robin Williams there might be at least a few laughs, but no. Not the worst or anything, but just nothing to keep me watching, heh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts