Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

So you talk to posters now, and I'm the loser?

So there won't be an Ex2 movie then? Only posters? Tell me more, loser.

*Looks into his crystal ball* You're unimaginative, and ... yes.. dullwitted. Ah, and you suck at reading comprehension.

So you talk to posters now, and I'm the loser?

So there won't be an Ex2 movie then? Only posters? Tell me more, loser.

*Looks into his crystal ball* You're unimaginative, and ... yes.. dullwitted. Ah, and you suck at reading comprehension.

Hey, let's not get all personal. Under his negative nilly exterior, Morgy is a cuddly teddy bear and I'm happy he is around. And calling anyone on the forums a loser is ridiculous, we are all wildly attractive and successful here.

Edited by Hurlshot

Why does the future always have people wearing outfits that look like skin tight wetsuits? The poor actors, can't have even an ounce of extra body fat to wear those things. :)

...I see no need for an Aliens prequel. That said, since Ridley Scott is making it, I may give it a chance.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hey, I said I'd give it a chance. :)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

They still haven't actually confirmed that its related to Aliens in any way...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

They still haven't actually confirmed that its related to Aliens in any way...

I know the wiki isn't the best source for everything, but reading the page on this film, it sure sounds like they have.

It's not actually a direct prequel...more like a "pre"- re-visioning/reboot of the alien world/universe, perhaps.

An old one - A Matter of Life and Death (although I think it was called "Stairway to Heaven" in the US). A classic fantasy-romance set against the backdrop of WW2.

David Niven as a pilot who cheats death by accident. The bomber he was flying was damaged, his parachute ripped to shreds and he ordered his crew to bail out. He talks to an american radio operator (played by Kim Hunter) and both spark up a connection. He decides to jump out of the plane rather then burn in it.. and the angel supposed to pick him up misses him in the fog. Through the general mixup in Heaven, it takes about 20 hours before the mistake is realised.. By which time, the couple have met up and fallen in love.

Niven's character ends up having to take the argument that Heaven owes him a second chance, since if they'd done things right he'd never have fallen in love. So has to take on a Celestial Court to decide exactly what his fate will be...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Bridesmaids. For some reason I thought this was supposed to be hysterical, the female Hangover if you will. I saw the "unedited" version was playing on on pay-per-view and decided to sit down with my wife for 130 minutes of rib splitting funny stuff. It was so bad about 1:45 into the movie I couldnt take no more and had to leave the room. Terrible, simply terrible. Not funny in the least.

Bridesmaids. For some reason I thought this was supposed to be hysterical, the female Hangover if you will. I saw the "unedited" version was playing on on pay-per-view and decided to sit down with my wife for 130 minutes of rib splitting funny stuff. It was so bad about 1:45 into the movie I couldnt take no more and had to leave the room. Terrible, simply terrible. Not funny in the least.

I suspected as much. Your courageous sacrifice means I shan't watch it .

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I suspected as much. Your courageous sacrifice means I shan't watch it .

After I got over my disappointment that they didn't focus on the fairly hilarious other bridesmaids, I thought it was a decent romcom between that Target lady and the guy from the IT Crowd.

Did you stay long enough for the conversation on bleaching? That was pretty funny.

Watched the latest Planet of the Apes movie, not as bad as I've expected. Though it has some bleh moments, like... they never kill anyone and stuff. But beside this, the movie was ok-ish and watchable.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm tempted to try that, Fio. Of course, the last time you convinced me to see something, Firefly, I ended up depressed because they cancelled one of the best series I've seen in a long time before the end of the first season. Bastards! :Cant's wolfish grin icon:

I'll probably give Pandorum a try sometime this week.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Pandorum was pretty good, altho I could've done with a bit less of of the bad-creature stuff towards the end.

Also....Arnold's going to be in EX2? Bwahaha....

I dunno, one of the best scenes in Expendables was the conversation between Arnie and Sly and Bruce.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.