Bin Laden is dead

Celebrating the death of someone is not what civilized and moral people do.

I'm civilized and moral and I'm thrilled to bits, then again I don't recognise your legitimacy as the morality police.

sonsofgygax.JPG

You want to mourn this over-priviledged psychotic messiah wannabe then go right ahead. But you can do it after you hold a candlelit vigil for the thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of Iraqis and Afghans and Pakistanis and Indonesians... dead because of his poisonous lunacy. After you do that, feel free to shed your tears. Or I may be tempted to think you are simply revelling in an opportunity to strike a saintly pose of noble understanding, rather than any actual emotion.

Simple people need a simple scapegoat. If you think killing one man is going to make a difference, good for you.

No need for half a page of sobbing melodrama though. Geez.

I remember when the western media showed Muslims celebrating after the towers fell (which turned out to be faux news), everyone on this board were outraged. Now the Americans have killed someone and it's OK to celebrate. Again, good for you.

Excuse me if I don't take part in the celebrations.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

There's a big difference between the folks who died in the twin towers and the man who instigated their deaths.

But go right ahead, if failing to empathise with his victims makes you feel cool and intellectual I can hardly stop you.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Additional:

We can certainly expect an acceleration of any plans and cells linked to Al Qaeda. Every dingbat between here and, well, everywhere is going to want to prove they are his successor. Terrorists don't tend to recognise much besides body count, so we are going to see attacks increase.

I think it is nonsense to assert that these attacks will be somehow provoked by US actions. AlQ cells and plans don't materialise overnight. When they go off you're going to see large scale attacks on multiple targets with big devices, and these take time to prepare. Use your common sense.

Also do try to get your head around the possibility that some foks are just plain ****ers, and have been raised with nothing but hate for the West, no matter what we do.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It would have been better if he could've been caught and put on trial, but obviously any sane person will know that capturing him alive was just outside the realm of possibility.

Does any non-american care about this?

I know that I don't care and most likely never will. Also I can't understand why everyone is going party in america, just because that dude got killed. Seriously, it's not like he was Hitler and had konzentration camps in the US of A.

Oookay. At the very least anyone affected by 9/11, the London Underground attacks and the Madrid train bombings is going to be pretty happy, I'd say.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Oookay. At the very least anyone affected by 9/11, the London Underground attacks and the Madrid train bombings is going to be pretty happy, I'd say.

Nep, I'd have expected you to also mention the thousands of bombing and murder victims of AlQ in Afghan and Iraq into that roster. They still count, even if they're brown... :p

-Elwood Blues

Kaft, are you seriously suggesting that Islamists are going to get more angry with the US now?

I dare you to say that again, with a straight face.

No, no. What I was saying is that it was crazy to dump the body in the ocean, giving fodder to all kinds of conspiracy rumours. The jihadis are already so pissed off that not following islamic burial procedure wouldnt have made a bit of differance.

Celebrating the death of someone is not what civilized and moral people do.

I'm civilized and moral and I'm thrilled to bits, then again I don't recognise your legitimacy as the morality police.

If you dont recognise whats wrong in celebrating the death of another human being, however big a bastard he was - then thats your problem. But to give an example, when Churchill was brought the news that Hitler was dead, he didnt dance a jig and order more champagne, he just remarked that it was richly deserved and then he carried on his day. That is the civilised response. Im not saying you shouldnt be happy that an evil bastard like Bin Laden is gone, Im saying you should behave in a dignified manner.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I remember when the western media showed Muslims celebrating after the towers fell (which turned out to be faux news), everyone on this board were outraged. Now the Americans have killed someone and it's OK to celebrate. Again, good for you.

Excuse me if I don't take part in the celebrations.

Are you slow in the head or do you honestly not see the difference? The retardation in this thread is unbelievable. Then again, maybe that saying about liberalism being a mental disorder is true as it seems that the more liberal forumites are the ones condemning others for being happy a leader of murdering terrorists is dead. If you could care less A: Screw you and I hope your country never needs the U.S.' aid like many countries have in the past. B: There are plenty of other threads about things you might actually care about. I try not to make a habit of being a douche and trash talking people for caring about things I don't care about.

Nep, I'd have expected you to also mention the thousands of bombing and murder victims of AlQ in Afghan and Iraq into that roster. They still count, even if they're brown... :p

Maybe. :p

No, I admit I'm Eurocentric enough that those three events were the only ones I remembered off the top of my head in addition to the USS Cole, African embassy bombings etc. As in, not being (unfortunate) near-daily occurences.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well it only took us 10 years, not our best but we'll probably do better next time :p

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I do admit that i have a sense of relief that the guy is gone but at the same time i am little bit upset that they didn't get him alive. The trial would've been incredible a sight. Ah well....

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

An ignominious burial at sea is probably the best thing they could have done, IMO. Taking the body and interring it anywhere would only invite craziness on both sides--a permanent soapbox for those celebrating his death, and a shrine for AQ. That's a recipe for badness, as likely to trigger instant and ongoing reprisal as anything else. So dump the body somewhere where nobody can ever find it, and don't worry about the pollution.

I'm glad he's dead, but only because he became a symbol to both sides. Going on celebrating to any extent is glorifying his existence, which is something he doesn't deserve. And that's all. It's unlikely that his death will change AQ in any way, other than instigate some form of reprisal in the near future ... but even that won't carry the punch it would have if AQ had solid proof. Remember conspiracy theory works both ways; they can't be sure he isn't alive and well and informing against them.

Was a funny comment on Fark I think, about needing to see a long form death certificate.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I definitely won't mourn the loss of this douchebag, but like some others have said, it's rather odd for celebrating someone dying I think. I mean, I guess it could be considered a symbolic victory but I just have a very hard time believing Usama being gone being a hard blow against the terror networks as they operate today. I mean, it's been 10 years since it was announced that he would be hunted down... Is it cause for celebration or does it speak of a failure of the promises made back then?

But I guess that's my ultra left-wing commie senses talking or something. But sure, it's good that he won't be up to no-good anymore.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Remember conspiracy theory works both ways; they can't be sure he isn't alive and well and informing against them.

:p Interesting point.

-Elwood Blues

There is a bit of crazy in this thread.

I agree it is unseemly to celebrate the death of someone. I personally would never attend a parade over something like this. But you know what is a heck of a lot worse than an unseemly celebration?

TERRORISM

Heh, now news of his death is being used to spread malware. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra