Dragon Age 2

Gorth

Considering all the online registration stuff, Bio probably has a good idea of the type of crowd that would buy DLCs to DA games. I would have no trouble believing that yes, this is what the customer wants... At least the potential DA DLC customer.

Of course, fans immediately began asking if she was a romantic interest. :rolleyes:

So... is she?

I don't think we even know if she can be used outside the DLC quest.

Yes we do, no she won't.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Of course, fans immediately began asking if she was a romantic interest. :rolleyes:

So... is she?

Yes we do, no she won't.

Well why not? I am a BW customer who paid money and I demand to **** everything they create!

Games are my whores and BW is their pimp, and somehow we have to take them as serious art work. :rolleyes:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So... is she?

Yes we do, no she won't.

Well why not? I am a BW customer who paid money and I demand to **** everything they create!

Games are my whores and BW is their pimp, and somehow we have to take them as serious art work. :rolleyes:

I doubt they are going to make a Kasumi kind of investment again, due to the enormous amount of whine it created. Since, apparently, 99 % failed to realise that they bought a loyalty mission (IMO one of the better ones), a really sweet gun AND a fully-integrated NPC.

I realise this is me not really replying to you ;)

ME2 squad members weren't really very interactive outside of their specific missions. DA2 took a different route; the companions take part in conversations the whole game and have an effect on the outcomes. Sooo... they probably don't want to make a new NPC that isn't as interactive as the rest, and they don't want to put the resources in to make a full new NPC in this DLC.

That's my read of the situation, anyway.

What did they do to the aliens...errr...elves? She actually looks like an Elf!? Did they just figure out people thought the new looks for elves made people think they were aliens from some sci-fi movie, or is this elf chick (assassin?) something different?

She, Tallis, is a city born elf - not a Dalish elf. I agree, though, that the Dalish elves do look a lot like the blue people, the Na'Vi from the Avatar movie. Bioware's Mike Laidlaw said in the presentation that Tallis was a 'mysterious elf' - maybe she something else, a half-elf, maybe?

Edit:

I have no idea about who Felicia Day, other than she's appearing in ME2? and in this DA2 DLC as well as she'll be in DA2 web-comic.

I couldn't care less about who she is - and quite frankly - I don't like her voice acting for Tallis in this DLC, but that may just be me.

There's a discrepancy between Tallis's bad ass attitude as a rogue - and her soft spoken voice, I find.

Edited by aries101

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

I doubt they are going to make a Kasumi kind of investment again, due to the enormous amount of whine it created. Since, apparently, 99 % failed to realise that they bought a loyalty mission (IMO one of the better ones), a really sweet gun AND a fully-integrated NPC.

That's okay, i'm used to your kind of rhetoric :thumbsup:

I actually thought that the Kasumi DLC was a good one, albeit a short one. Still this DLC comes a little too late in the game so it better be Lair of the Shadowbroker good otherwise its gonna crash hard.

Fingers crossed for them not doing a DA3 tie in DLC. Remember WitchHunt? :yucky:

Edit: also, this its me not replying to your post.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Fingers crossed for them not doing a DA3 tie in DLC. Remember WitchHunt? :thumbsup:

They also did Arrival for ME2. Yes, they're going to do it.

Arrival, while flawed, at least looks like it will make sense as a bridge between ME2 and ME3. It seems to set up the events of the next game quite clearly.

Witchhunt was terrible in both regards to actual content, and how it did not bridge the gap between Origins and DA2.

If DA2 has a "gap bridging" DLC before DA3, I hope it's more like Arrival than Witchhunt.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That's okay, i'm used to your kind of rhetoric :thumbsup:

I actually thought that the Kasumi DLC was a good one, albeit a short one. Still this DLC comes a little too late in the game so it better be Lair of the Shadowbroker good otherwise its gonna crash hard.

Fingers crossed for them not doing a DA3 tie in DLC. Remember WitchHunt? :yucky:

Edit: also, this its me not replying to your post.

Yeah, I remember Witch Hunt (and Arrival), both of which were pretty disappointing. And apart from the Illuvian in WH, the tie-in has been pretty minimal so far. :/

Also :D

Well, tie-in stuff can only be so prominent when the sequel is distancing itself from the original. You might see a few common themes, but Dragon Age has different stories. Mass Effect is one big one. Arrival appears to work as a bridge because the crossing the gap between the franchises is like trying to cross a river. Trying to connect Dragon Age to Dragon Age 2 is more along the lines of building a bridge between Boston and London.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

Witchhunt was terrible in both regards to actual content, and how it did not bridge the gap between Origins and DA2.

That may well be, but at least it allows you to stab Morrigan in the gut, while in Origins your character is forced to stand around like a retard in a cutscene while the bitch slowly walks out of the room.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

That may well be, but at least it allows you to stab Morrigan in the gut, while in Origins your character is forced to stand around like a retard in a cutscene while the bitch slowly walks out of the room.

Don't make me send John Crichton after you! Assaulting poor Aeryn like that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Watch how you talk about the mother of my God-baby!

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Claudia Black sure has a knack for portraying tsundere characters.

There's none of that nonsense in my Dragon Age universe, at least until it is retconned by David Gaider.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

There's none of that nonsense in my Dragon Age universe, at least until it is retconned by David Gaider.

I wish I could say that there's none of this nonsense in my real life universe but I've been to the BioBoards o:)

village_idiot.gif

It's not like we like her in those roles or anything!
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dragon Age, the first western game to sell 1million+ in Japan!

Funny, considering they were the guys criticizing JRPG for "having stagnated"

village_idiot.gif