The Witcher 2

That would be something to hear complaints of it being a poor port from that lot, heh. I'm just hoping the game plays well with KB&M after all this joypad talk :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I agree that the character / inventory screens look like something you might find in a sci-fi game or shooter, not in keeping with the setting.

Am currently playing the first Witcher game, I like the feel of the GUI it sort of reminds me of Planescape for some reason.

:: shrugs :: it's an early build, it might get changed.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Heh, wasn't FOX News going rampage over the sex stuff in Mass Effect? I'll guess after seeing this, their heads will explode.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

nah they wont care because little kids aren't going to mistake the witcher for star wars prequels.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Gamestar preview (German)

They played the prologue and are very positive about it. It doesn't play like an RPG in the first hour as the prologue introduces everything bit by bit, but they say CDProjekt put a lot of attention to detail, as the world feels very lively and there's a lot going on.

Ahhh, beat me to it. There are some great screenshots in the article. Really gives the game a sense of scale..

Tasteful or not. I just don't like forced Heterosexual Sexual encounters placed upon me as a player.

Was optional in the first game, doubt they'd change that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tasteful or not. I just don't like forced Heterosexual Sexual encounters placed upon me as a player.

Geralt is as straight as it gets, plus he's like James Bond. Thus there is likely going to be at least one nice and obligatory sex scene. (there was one at the beginning of the first game)

You should probably stick to Bioware games. :p

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

One wasn't optional, the one at the very beginning of Act 3, when Triss just pushes Geralt back on the bed. Sure, there wasn't any reward for it, but it was still Geralt in bed making love to Triss.

Geralt is as straight as it gets, plus he's like James Bond. Thus there is likely going to be at least one nice and obligatory sex scene. (there was one at the beginning of the first game)

I don't think that scene was obligatory...

One wasn't optional, the one at the very beginning of Act 3, when Triss just pushes Geralt back on the bed. Sure, there wasn't any reward for it, but it was still Geralt in bed making love to Triss.

Ohh right. Was thinking along the lines of the "scenes" you get a card with. My mistake.

You should probably stick to Bioware games. :-

I'll only be sticking to The Mass Effect series. DA series is terrible.

You should probably stick to Bioware games. :-

I'll only be sticking to The Mass Effect series. DA series is terrible.

But in DA2, you can bang just about everybody! And most of them want to bang you too!

Surely, that counts for something?

Dont be ungrateful now, Bioware was working so hard to give you Choice.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

But in DA2, you can bang just about everybody! And most of them want to bang you too!

Isnt it the same in the ME series? Hell, you can even have inter-species sex!

Isnt it the same in the ME series? Hell, you can even have inter-species sex!

Hah, DA offers inter-species sex on an unprecedented scale, with a bearded gay midget. aka dwarf savaqing a frail pointy eared rogue. ME is a tender virgin by comparison.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

I'm here to expand frontiers and vocabularies.

I managed to dodge Anders's attention, but fell for the good old "teach the elf slave to read" line. Serves me right for going with the top right option on autopilot, but that guy definitely wasn't Bioware's writing at its most gripping. :-

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif