Dragon Age 2

Pidesco

No. MMO is being done in a different country. Yeah, computers and internet, but I still doubt it. There's probably some small overlap; but not major.

EA wants BIO to release 1-2 games a year. That's what happens. I dislike the resused maps but the writing, story, and characters which ar ebetter than DA1 more than make up for it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No, they don't ignore each other and I'm sure they communicate. It was all about choice. But, I guess people prefer different maps and rather have less content. BIO should have made DA2 a 30 hour game instead of a 50+ hour game. That would have made people happy. :ermm:

is today false dilemma friday or something?

look, is ok to complain that bio shoulda' taken their time and made a fifty-hour game WITH unique maps as 'posed to a thirty-hour game with recycle. bio made all kinda stoopid claims 'bout how their changes to da2 were for benefit o' players and not resource saving shortcuts. well shucks, mike couldn't find no way to dress-up recycled maps as a feature or boon, so he did the unimaginable-- he told the truth. the thing that bothered Gromnir is not the anger directed at mike, but rather the fact that the anger were seeming misplaced. on the other hand, some folks likes to parrot bio without doing any thinking of their own... which is convenient for bio, but is very discouraging. peoples Should complain 'bout recycled maps, but folks so easy split into the hate v. love camps that it not matter what a developer actually says. if love bio, then mike must be right. if hate bio, then surely mike is a filthy liar. too easy.

to memao,

sorry, but we do not recall you specific. that being said, we is humbled and grateful that you would post as you did. to be fair, you coulda' been right and we mighta' been wrong. is not as if we had some kinda crystal ball. is just that so many changes had the appearance o' being resource savers... and something 'bout the way bio presented 'em as "features" made Gromnir suspicious. the manner in which bio "sells" their games to the fan-base over the years has changed somewhat. an understandable change given the manner in which innocuous board comments from developers is likely to go viral nowadays.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"look, is ok to complain that bio shoulda' taken their time and made a fifty-hour game WITH unique maps as 'posed to a thirty-hour game with recycle. bio made all kinda stoopid claims 'bout how their changes to da2 were for benefit o' players and not resource saving shortcuts. well shucks, mike couldn't find no way to dress-up recycled maps as a feature or boon, so he did the unimaginable-- he told the truth. the thing that bothered Gromnir is not the anger directed at mike, but rather the fact that the anger were seeming misplaced. on the other hand, some folks likes to parrot bio without doing any thinking of their own... which is convenient for bio, but is very discouraging. peoples Should complain 'bout recycled maps, but folks so easy split into the hate v. love camps that it not matter what a developer actually says. if love bio, then mike must be right. if hate bio, then surely mike is a filthy liar. too easy.

"

You post like I somehow like or support the reusing of maps in DA2. Which is funny since it's one of my biggest beefs of the game. R00fles!

why on earth would Gromnir be caring how vol feels? we posted in response to what you said.... and even then we simple used your post to make a point. the day we actual concerns self with vol opinions...

HA! Good Fun!

ps vol missed the point... again. surprise?

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

for me, the recycling was annoying, but not the end of the world, however, it was a symbol/symptom/giant red flag of the fact that the whole game felt like not much effort went into it. It seemed to have half the budget and production values of DA, and cost the same amount. A sequel should have MORE content, not less, particularly if its using the same engine. imagine if GTA3 had the content of San Andreas, and then the sequel had the content of GTA3. people would have been up in arms.

actually you know whats a decent example? if BG2 was the first game, and BG 1 was the sequel (but with better graphics).

this case is not as extreme as that example, but the game should NOT have been full price, and it feels like a big F.U. to the buyer.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

this case is not as extreme as that example, but the game should NOT have been full price, and it feels like a big F.U. to the buyer.

That's how most games feel to me nowadays. :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You seriously think the LEVEL DESIGNERS/ART DESIGNERS went on to make quests, dialogue and other content for the game?

Then again; that might explain a few things...

This!!!!!

Seriously, did they have a single over worked map maker doing ALL of the maps in DA 2? I can actually believe it because, like I mentioned before, there are ONLY around 30 unique maps in the game. Most of them VERY small and all reused over and over.

THAT IS ****ING PATHETIC! Could Bio not have hired a few more map creators? It would be one thing if this game was created by a small mom & pop indie game developer, but this is BIOWARE... the guys who SHOULD be rich by now after so many people have bought not only their games, but their TONS of DLC.

For those of you defending that they didn't have much time... again look at other companies like Obsidian who have managed to work under far less time than DA 2 had and release games with far more explorable locations. KotOR 2 and New Vegas both had short development times, especially KotOR 2 and neither game suffers from a lack of unique locations to explore.

Yeah, but KOTOR2 suffers with subpar combat (like KOTOR1), and LV suffers from being FO3.5.... :)

And, DA2 is way better than KOTOR2. Haven't played FO3.5 yet so can't judge it too harshly but, it *is* FO3.5.... *shudder*

Edited by Volourn

Yeah, but KOTOR2 suffers with subpar combat (like KOTOR1), and LV suffers from being FO3.5.... :)

As if DA 2 is that different to DA 1. Oh yeah, now you have to press A over and over to fight. Big improvement.

And, DA2 is way better than KOTOR2. Haven't played FO3.5 yet so can't judge it too harshly but, it *is* FO3.5.... *shudder*

:)

KotOR 2 has one flaw compared with the original. DA2 has half a dozen. Not playing F:NV is your loss.

Either that, or a major chunk of the DA team has been chipping in on The Old Republic.

Or the enevitable DLC.

"But the game is not done yet!"

"Who cares, go make DLC maps!"

Then again, most DLC from DA:O re-used maps too, so maybe not.

Currently playing Divinity II and darn, it has some nicely created dungeons. I doubt I could go back to re-used areas...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

"As if DA 2 is that different to DA 1. "

That's ok. I find the games pretty much equal. So.. you are preaching to the choir, baby.

:oh yeah, now you have to press A over and over to fight."

*shrug* I pretty much used one mouse click in FO as well. Don't impress me much.

A sequel should have MORE content, not less, particularly if its using the same engine.

It didn't, which is probably a partial reason for why there was less of it.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

LV suffers from being FO3.5.... :x

DA2 suffers from subpar combat AND from being DA1.5 :(

so, while Obsidian managed to release two decent games, Bio just concentrated all the possible flaws in one :lol: GJ, Bio!

oh, Volo, Volo never changes

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

"DA2 suffers from subpar combat AND from being DA1.5"

DA2 has pretty damn good combat.

Obsidian has released two good games, 1 crappy game, and one indifferent game.

BIO has released 9 good games, and 3 indifferent games.

R00fles!

BIO wins. :o

Soro. Soro never changes.

you mean Bio is winning the war for players' money. but they've lost this battle and they're definitely losing the war for gamers' hearts

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

"DA2 suffers from subpar combat AND from being DA1.5"

DA2 has pretty damn good combat.

Obsidian has released two good games, 1 crappy game, and one indifferent game.

BIO has released 9 good games, and 3 indifferent games.

R00fles!

BIO wins. :o

Soro. Soro never changes.

Which one was the crappy game? Because so far I have the count at 2 great games(NWN2, FO:NV), and 2 good games(AP, KOTOR2).

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I tried replaying DA2 yesterday.

I enjoyed it the first time, mostly because I enjoyed the combat. This new playthrough, I couldn't get past Act1. Maybe it's just too soon, but the thought of going back to the same maps and fighting the same waves of enemies over and over again quickly brought down my enthusiasm.

It is a good game, but the recycled maps and recycled enemies+wave combat design is a detriment to the game overall. DA2 doesn't do enough to build an atmosphere where the gamer can lose themselves.

"you mean Bio is winning the war for players' money. but they've lost this battle and they're definitely losing the war for gamers' hearts"

L0L Gamers have no hearts. Plus, I've heard this nonsense after BG2, NWN, KOTOR, JE, ME, DA, and ME2... yet, there goes BIO with another multi million selling game. R00fles!

"Which one was the crappy game?"

AP.

DA2 doesn't do enough to build an atmosphere where the gamer can lose themselves.

While I don't necessarily disagree with you, whenever somebody tries to sneak past their opinion as representing "the gamer", I make this face: :lol: in real life. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif