What are you playing now?

What is with stores like Best Buy and Electronics Boutique not carrying copies of games like Risen or Two Worlds? They have used copies, but I prefer new copies.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just finished my Mass Effect 2 run with Arrival. Could have used a boss fight.

And now I'm not feeling inspired to play anything. So I might finish a couple of books. I hate when this happens, but it'll be a good change of pace. Until Portal 2 comes out.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest Slinky
Yeah, but the Deep Roads also won that award.

You're kidding.

You clearly haven't heard about the legend of Monte "The Tunnel Fighter" Carlo.

Yeah, but the Deep Roads also won that award.

You're kidding.

You clearly haven't heard about the legend of Monte "The Tunnel Fighter" Carlo.

I've heard vague references but I always thought they were an inside joke.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Dawn of War Retribution. They just added new Last Stand achievments that come with wargear.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I loved the Deep Roads in DA:O, one of my favourite parts of the game. I like Fighting in Tunnels, it is a core part of being old-skool.

Fighting in swamps? No. Fighting in tunnels? Yes.

I accept that others found the Deep Roads grindy and repetitive, however for me they were spot on.

This is one of the many reasons why I am looking forward to Diablo III. That will involve epic amounts of tunnel fighting.

Anyhoo, don't get me wrong, some bits of The Witcher annoy me. And I will never really be comfortable with playing pre-defined characters. But the game gets far more right than it gets wrong, Geralt is Elric of Melnibone meets James Bond.

sonsofgygax.JPG

They've also released a new skin and models for the space marines in multiplayer, Dark Angels fans rejoyce. Personally I'm waiting for a Red Scorpions DLC because I used to collect them before they were cool and also, look at them, the new models are gorgeous.

Thanks for reminding me. Collector's Edition owners get it free. :shifty:

I loved the Deep Roads in DA:O, one of my favourite parts of the game. I like Fighting in Tunnels, it is a core part of being old-skool.

Fighting in swamps? No. Fighting in tunnels? Yes.

I accept that others found the Deep Roads grindy and repetitive, however for me they were spot on.

This is one of the many reasons why I am looking forward to Diablo III. That will involve epic amounts of tunnel fighting.

Anyhoo, don't get me wrong, some bits of The Witcher annoy me. And I will never really be comfortable with playing pre-defined characters. But the game gets far more right than it gets wrong, Geralt is Elric of Melnibone meets James Bond.

If you want to play tunnels, there are at least 3000 Roguelikes on the internets.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Witcher definitely has its share of annoyances as well as being simply lacking in some things I would like to see, such as the addition of a few basic non-combat skills and a more complex potion making system, but overall I can't say I've played a better single character rpg in quite a long time.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

If you want to play tunnels, there are at least 3000 Roguelikes on the internets.
From him liking tunnels you jump to roguelikes? If I mention that I like action shows are you going to suggest Shonen anime?

I like guns! Mythbusters

I like women! Desperate Housewives

Edited by Tale

It'd be cool if that was more than just a reskin of troops and vehicles. Still I like the Dark Angels, hmm..

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

problem with all the dawn of war games is that the races don't behave closely enough to how the units in the actual tabletop game do. They have different abilities etc and the game isn't turn based.

bah. i know, its not supposed to be like the game, just set in its world, still, warhammer 40k is popular for a reason beyond just the setting.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I think that having it turn based would have significantly lessened it's overall appeal. And Dawn of War 2 did much to bring it more in line with the fluff (a single squad of marines just munching through everything on the map, slowly but surely for example).

Games Workshop doesnt allow direct computer game versions of their major war/board-games. Blood Bowl is the only modern exception, there was a WH40K Epic and a Spacemarine game that used real turnbased GM rules in the 90's

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So I bought Two World 2 ... and some of the stuff at the bottom and left of the interface doesn't show up on my TV. For instance, I can't read the descriptions of the weapons I have since they don't fit on screen.

I hope this is something that's going to be addressed in any fixes. :ermm:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Games Workshop doesnt allow direct computer game versions of their major war/board-games. Blood Bowl is the only modern exception, there was a WH40K Epic and a Spacemarine game that used real turnbased GM rules in the 90's

blood bowl was awesome, but i guess I can stop hoping for a similar pc version of 40k?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Did some Left 4 Dead 2 with Der and a few pals. Managed to get an achievement COMPLETELY by accident when I was hit with Boomer Bile and fighting off an army of zombies with a fire axe. One of the guys charged me and ran smack dab into my axe.

I didn't even realize what happened until about 3 minutes after hearing everyone laughing and crying about it :verymad:

I've been quite busy with job hunting these past two months, so I haven't been able to play any of the heavy duty games. Instead, I've been playing BEAT.TRIP RUNNER, and I can confirm it is awesome.

The game only has three levels, and each level is broken into 12 parts, 11 rhythm platforming parts and a boss battle. The tunes are catchy and it's extremely challenging, because if you fail one part you have to start it all over again, so there is no forgiveness. Each part has a set number of gold bars to collect, and if you collect them all you can play a Pitfall! style bonus round for extra points. Trying to get a perfect score on each part is really challenging, but I've put more than 17 hours into the game and I cannot say I'm disappointed with the $10 I put into it. Totally worth the money.

However, now that I've completed my job hunting I can finally start playing some of the big games. I've got Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Killzone 3 sealed, and I also have a fresh copy of Dragon Age II which I'll have to play through, although I'll think I'll start by finishing Dragon Age: Origins on the PC. Since school has been delayed for a month due to the March 11th earthquake I guess now would be the best time to play games!

Did some Left 4 Dead 2 with Der and a few pals. Managed to get an achievement COMPLETELY by accident when I was hit with Boomer Bile and fighting off an army of zombies with a fire axe. One of the guys charged me and ran smack dab into my axe.

I didn't even realize what happened until about 3 minutes after hearing everyone laughing and crying about it :p

I think I know the one you mean. I accidentally swung my baseball bat at precisely the second when a charger fell off a roof in front of me. Bloke got really huffy about it, and accused me of cheating.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.