What are you playing now?

im getting pretty excited about portal 2 and MK coming out in a few weeks.

trying to find things to play in the meantime... tried dead space 2, got bored, tried darksiders, got bored, thinking of trying gears of war 2, will probably find it boring as well

i guess i'll just watch movies and play superstreetfighter4 for the next few weeks

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

As much as i'm loving AC:B I gotta say this "**** those codes and their lame hints, the ****ing symbol isn't adjacent. What the hell that means" and back to the game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

This is the weirdest thing, I'm playing and i just found a box. A modern cardboard box, tried to see if there was someone inside with eagle eye but no snake.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Its more or less exctly like the first game, but the cars dont drift as easily. The FFB is really weird too, takes alot of tweaking to get it right.

Slightly Mad Studio's is a bit weird, they all work from home...

So how do they do their coffee breaks? Do they have a separate telepresence system setup in their living rooms for that? Because seriously, coffee breaks is why most people have jobs. Its important.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Started playing the Witcher again (because I can) and with the directors cut. And am watching a "Let's Play" of Dante's inferno and wondering WTF viceral games was thinking.

I mean I know that people harped on it when the game came out, but just the.... horrific mythology screw ups here (Oh Hey it's Orpheus!) is staggering. I was chatting to a friend as I started it and ended up saying this:

"You know, Both the witcher and Dante's Inferno are known for their nudity, but at least Witcher showed SOME restraint and taste in it's use of boobage".

I could see myself playing the game after it's down to 6 bucks or something on the used shelf.

This let's play is HILARIOUS however, while Dante is slaughtering people on the boat to cross into hell proper, they're discussing exactly how Father Gregori would deal with the situation. Including a comment of "You know, I can see Father Gregori dying, going to heaven, and then saying "No! There is more work to be done!" then grabbing a shotgun and leaping into hell to kill demons. And this is the Father Gregori from Half Life 2 (for the record, this is the Let's Play from lparchive.com... than you Yahtzee for showing that to me)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Slightly Mad Studio's is a bit weird, they all work from home...

So how do they do their coffee breaks? Do they have a separate telepresence system setup in their living rooms for that? Because seriously, coffee breaks is why most people have jobs. Its important.

Important? It's mandatory! One good way of getting suspicious looks is to order tea instead of coffee. They look at you like you are a madman, I swear.

Not that I've ever done anything as blasphemous as that ofcourse. >_>'

Can't bloody make my mind up about Shift 2, so I'm going to keep playing Call of Pripyat for a while I think.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

As much as i'm loving AC:B I gotta say this "**** those codes and their lame hints, the ****ing symbol isn't adjacent. What the hell that means" and back to the game.
It's supposed to mean "It's the symbol opposite of the number, dimwit!" in ubisofitan.

Planning on trying out MW:Living Legends later today. Anyone else who's playing it maybe?

I was going to check it out today, after hearing about yesterday, but it seems they've already transitioned over to Crysis Wars, which I don't have yet. So, maybe in a couple weeks. I'm interested in hearing how it is.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

Can't bloody make my mind up about Shift 2, so I'm going to keep playing Call of Pripyat for a while I think.

I just set the Scandinavian #1 record laptimes for Silverstone and Hockenheim :p

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Playing Demon's Souls. It really is difficult, but in a fair way. When I die, I know it is my fault. If you prepare yourself and don't rush, you can do well.

Become very familiar with the wiki, it will spare you a lot of pain. I'm the game IDK if I can blue ghost a lower lv but PM if you get stuck, I will send you a I survived Demon's Souls T-shirt.

village_idiot.gif

Playing Demon's Souls. It really is difficult, but in a fair way. When I die, I know it is my fault. If you prepare yourself and don't rush, you can do well.

Become very familiar with the wiki, it will spare you a lot of pain. I'm the game IDK if I can blue ghost a lower lv but PM if you get stuck, I will send you a I survived Demon's Souls T-shirt.

I'm doing fairly well. Killed Phalanx on my second try, but the way to him was not a walk in the park. I'm playing as a royalist and that seems to have been a good choice. Soul Arrow is really helping me. I want to stay away from the wiki as much as I can, but I did take a look on general stuff. I might have a closer look if I get stuck. I must also admit that I did look at some mage builds, not because I want to copy any of them, just to have an idea of how points could be spent. I tried 1-2 a couple of times but got burned by the freaking dragon. When I finally made it to the last part of the bridge, archers and blue knights slaughtered me. So I'll skip it next time and go for 2-1, 3-1, 4-1 or 5-1 next time.

I'm doing fairly well. Killed Phalanx on my second try, but the way to him was not a walk in the park. I'm playing as a royalist and that seems to have been a good choice. Soul Arrow is really helping me. I want to stay away from the wiki as much as I can, but I did take a look on general stuff. I might have a closer look if I get stuck. I must also admit that I did look at some mage builds, not because I want to copy any of them, just to have an idea of how points could be spent. I tried 1-2 a couple of times but got burned by the freaking dragon. When I finally made it to the last part of the bridge, archers and blue knights slaughtered me. So I'll skip it next time and go for 2-1, 3-1, 4-1 or 5-1 next time.

What you feel right now it's very common you beat the first boos and think "maybe this won't be so hard" but you are wrong. Plus you picked royal, so that's a few extra lvs of difficulty you just added, but really go to the wiki specially for the cheapest ways to beat the bosses. Stay close to the builds because they will help you focus on a specialized character to tackle all what it's to come. More importantly the wiki will help you get every sword and souls in your first playthrough, which it's a must since NG+ is much harder without them. Also the wiki will tell you the specific weakness of the enemies which will help you specially in 2-1 where if you don't know that a piercing weapon is the best you are going to have a hard time. But since you are a royal you already have one ;) Oh yeah and the wiki will tell you of a lot ways to farm souls; do them, you can't get ahead by just playing the levels. Once you have enough souls spend them as quickly as possible.

Good luck on your journeys brave traveler. Stay away from the blue dragon.

village_idiot.gif

Started a campaign of Wizardry 8.

A rpg from the time when an rpg was uh an rpg. ;)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

If I have one gripe with the Assassins Creed series, it's that it paints a very one sided picture ;)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The only thing you need the Demon's souls wiki for is crafting information, everything else you must find out yourself. If not, YOU SUCK ! And Royal is the easiest way possible. You have Mana regen from the get go and Soul arrow kills everything given enough hits from a safe distance.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Still playing Bulletstorm, and realized that Jennifer Hale does the voice of one of the characters you can meet. I think as an easter egg, in Mass Effect 3, femShep should say, "Is that fear in your voice, Barbara?" to that turian councilor when he finally admits reapers do exist.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Guest Slinky
I've seen The Witcher special edition silly-cheap.

Is it any good?

I personally think the game awesome, but I'll try to see the game with your eyes:

Positive

- No emo companions

- The game world is great, mature in the good way

- Tunnels and crypts!

Negative

- Combat system is weak

- Very few weapons and armors in the game, not much change to play dress up

What you feel right now it's very common you beat the first boos and think "maybe this won't be so hard" but you are wrong. Plus you picked royal, so that's a few extra lvs of difficulty you just added, but really go to the wiki specially for the cheapest ways to beat the bosses. Stay close to the builds because they will help you focus on a specialized character to tackle all what it's to come. More importantly the wiki will help you get every sword and souls in your first playthrough, which it's a must since NG+ is much harder without them. Also the wiki will tell you the specific weakness of the enemies which will help you specially in 2-1 where if you don't know that a piercing weapon is the best you are going to have a hard time. But since you are a royal you already have one ;) Oh yeah and the wiki will tell you of a lot ways to farm souls; do them, you can't get ahead by just playing the levels. Once you have enough souls spend them as quickly as possible.

Good luck on your journeys brave traveler. Stay away from the blue dragon.

After dying about 15 times in 2-1 I did check out what items to get early on, and it seems I missed an interesting ring, Thief's Ring. I'm now at 5-1 farming souls. Will try to get the Crescent Falchion soon enough wich should help a magic user if I read correctly. I think I will listen to your advice and use the wiki, but only when I get stuck.