Dragon Age 2

Gorth

That's how you know he's a bro. He's like that one friend who's dating the psycho chick.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I also hated Duncan, and the irritating bastard worshiped him with a passion.

Yeah, in some of the origins in particular, Duncan can come across as something of a manipulative bastard. Find someone in a desperate situation (maybe even helping him into said desperate situation), and use it to recruit him into your "2 of 3 die a painful death, and the rest kick off around middle age" club.

Still, he's at least a little bit likeable based on the lols generated from his talks about how Grey Wardens "master the taint."

My snark Hawke met Alistar. The amount of sarcasm and snark in the air almost made the room explode.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

That's how you know he's a bro. He's like that one friend who's dating the psycho chick.

If the psycho chick was bearded old Grey Warden. Guess we now know why he has never licked a post in winter.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I disliked Alistair because he was always either whining or disagreeing with me, just one of those things, it's not like I didn't try :sorcerer:

Has anyone else noticed the elves in DA2 have been slightly Avatar'd? The idea had crept into my mind before but last night I realised what they've done, the eyes are bigger and the nose is flatter, seems Bio are trying to tap into the weird empathy people have for blue cartoon cats.

Has anyone else noticed the elves in DA2 have been slightly Avatar'd? The idea had crept into my mind before but last night I realised what they've done, the eyes are bigger and the nose is flatter, seems Bio are trying to tap into the weird empathy people have for blue cartoon cats.

I think the noses look ugly. Otherwise I like them.

And yeah, they released pics of the new elf design some time before release.

I like the new Qunari design, but the elf noses look pretty strange.

How to not break your story:

1-Don't change origins

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I like the new Qunari design, but the elf noses look pretty strange.

The Qunari are easily the best part of this game, TBH. :(

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Telling Ally that Duncan deserved to die was one of the very few moments in Origins that my character could vocalise what she really felt. Shame it was only a 5 second detour before returning to the railroad tracks.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Just posted a Op Ed in fact about Bioware being a drone of EA losing its independence as the issues with DA2 is the beginning of the end on that level IMO.

http://www.wodnews.net/Articles/Blogs/tabi...ssimilated.aspx

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Telling Ally that Duncan deserved to die was one of the very few moments in Origins that my character could vocalise what she really felt. Shame it was only a 5 second detour before returning to the railroad tracks.

Man you guys are mean.

:D

Man you guys are mean.

:D

Don't worry-- I'm sure that Humanoid made up for it by giving Al a bit of carved dime-store shelf clutter that he looted.

Edited by Enoch

Just posted a Op Ed in fact about Bioware being a drone of EA losing its independence as the issues with DA2 is the beginning of the end on that level IMO.

http://www.wodnews.net/Articles/Blogs/tabi...ssimilated.aspx

Jade Empire actually came out a few years after KoTOR, which made it all the more disappointing. KoTOR used a variation of the D&D rules, dumbed down a bit from NwN but made up for with a much better story and more cinematic experience while Jade Empire had one of the weakest rule systems in a RPG. Not the worst game ever but, after KoTOR, such a let down.

I'm pretty much of the opposite opinion there. Think KOTOR was a horrible game throughout. It hit the classic Star Wars film note well but that is not really what I'd consider a compelling RPG experience at all. And yeah, the combat was horribly boring.

Jade Empire isn't amazing I think but was ultimately a much more interesting game.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

It's funny how Alistair still acts surprised when you let Anora take off his head at the Landsmeet, even if you did everything before that to make him hate your character's guts.

Wait... you could have Anora behead Alistair!? Why did I not choose this...

Too bad you can't see it being carried out. I was trying to play a good character first time through so I didn't choose the option to have him executed, tempting as it was. Edited by GreasyDogMeat

It's funny how Alistair still acts surprised when you let Anora take off his head at the Landsmeet, even if you did everything before that to make him hate your character's guts.

Wait... you could have Anora behead Alistair!? Why did I not choose this...

Too bad you can't see it being carried out. I was trying to play a good character first time through so I didn't choose the option to have him executed, tempting as it was.

From my Chaotic Stupid Mage run.

48:38:28 In the end, Anora was granted the throne and Alistair was taken away to be executed.

48:38:28 To prevent further civil war, he was executed at the Landsmeet on the orders of Queen Anora, ending the Theirin line.

I have to say that was one of the best Bioware game moments >_<

Alistair was complitely destroyed (Loghain, the indirect killer of the king, his mentor and countless wardens were made warden himself). I gave him numerous opportunities to marry Anora (yup, she's a total bitch but anyway) but because of max negative reputation he'd rather marry archdemon and goes into fantastic rant mode. There's also fun Alistair rant mode in middle of the game when my totally selfish Mage don't give a damn about wardens or his mentors death.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Alistair is better than 6 out of 7 DA2 NPCs. Hell i'd even take Carth over them >_<

Couldn't disagree more. While some have pissed me off, none have consistently irritated my like Alistair. Just thinking about that whiny sad face he makes when talking about Duncan... RAGE! Its like a black hole captured all the suck of Anomen, Carth & every other irritating Bioware character and formed it into one pure diamond of whininess.

The thing I'd like to know about Alistair is where he gets the hair products to keep that silly quiff going, despite spending most of his time wearing a steel, full-face helm. His haircut was enough for me to get him executed, honestly all you need is Dog and the golem-thingie to have fun in DA:O.

sonsofgygax.JPG