What you did today

Gorth

Had to take my keyboard apart.

So a chunk of my afternoon got spent dismantling it..sorting the keys out, clearing crap out of it..fixing it..then putting it all back together again.

Of course, since half the keys are worn smooth so you can't read what they say... I also had to spend time labelling them so I could put them back in the right spots.

And then after putting it back together I found the spacebar was acting funky..so had to go through it again (well, partly) to get at it.

Keyboards with around 20 screws to open it up.. >_<

It always amazes me how much crap actually ends up inside your keyboard....

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I wish you could open up your mouse to get at the **** buildup, I mean a good one of those costs 3 or 4 times a new keyboard, but they glue them together these days.

Trackball mouse.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Welcome to the next 45 years of your life.

Not if he dies in 5 or 10 years. Never know, man. My aunt continually depresses me with that, I'll say how work is a bit tedious, then she'll mention "Well, you've only got 40 more years...". Hah. Found out one of my aunts has breast cancer, second relative in as many years to have it, so need to take my manager hostage to get time off for that. Why can't it be my **** relatives that get cancer ? :sorcerer:

Oye, don't give my bipolar ammunition!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Some odd dreams about the ex which put me in an odd mood..

And then the dogs and cat start acting up this morning. The spaniel getting "over protective" of toys that are the puppies..the puppy wanting to play with everything, nibble on everything, and chase the cat.. and the cat teasing the puppy. Lots of snarls, yips, hisses and snaps. Which is just a touch draining on top of it all.

Which is leaving me in a bizarre sort of listless melancholy while trying to get assorted things done. Kind of the switch off brain and run autopilot through some of the standard chores.

Oye, don't give my bipolar ammunition!

What, it's the reality of the Working Man.

God I hate Rush.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

what an odd night

went for a coffee with random girl i met a couple of weeks ago, stuffed around chatting for ages, then she dragged me to a gig.

turns out it was my friend's show that i'd completely forgotten about.

watched them play, then went back to the bass player's place for some drinks. then all of a sudden everyone was topless and random girl and a friend of mine started undressing me. then we all continued drinking as per normal.

though had to shoot down the random girl again. she's really nice and cute, but i'm not gonna cheat on my gf. especially not with someone i only just met

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

it's not as common as it used to be

a couple of years ago it seemed to be a weekly occurrence >_<

also, most people get kebabs or horrible burger king or mcdonalds on their way home after a big night out.

screw that, i just cooked myself an epic 6am steak

i love my life

Edited by Shryke

Meanwhile, in the real world, my date (after rescheduling me last week) no-showed today. Yeah, the old skank divining rod is still working full-tilt.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I know I'm old, because when I hear Shryke's stories, I just think about how long my body would take to recover from the drinking and the steak at 6 AM.

Also, I'm pretty sure getting undressed by two topless girls is cheating, but maybe I'm a bit conservative.

I wouldn't call it cheating. A gentleman like Shryke knows how to enjoy something like that, but I reckon his hearts still in the same place it was. A sudden cold refusal often offends, and might have made things much worse.

Of course it's views like that which get all my possessions thrown out of upstairs windows. :)

Or used to, anyway. :*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Client site isn't so bad, it's a 'Green' building. But one thing they've done is interesting, on the east and west sides of the building (floor to ceiling windows all around) there are shades that apparently are controlled by a computer. So based on where sunlight's hitting the building the shades lower to match it. Generally it works, although sometimes it lowers due reflections off of a nearby building's windows and ends up not really blocking any direct sunlight.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Odd experience tonight: I had something that I wrote in an anonymous online comment quoted back to me. It was at a gaming session, and the guy running the game is a co-worker, but none of the other participants are. We got to off-topic BSing, as we often do, and he was relaying a story about a post on a blog that we both read. (He and I have discussed the blog in passing before, but that particular post was fairly recent.) He further related to the group that he was happy to see that someone in the comment section had made an amusing comment that particularly related to the agency at which we both work. I, of course, was the author of that comment, and for whatever reason I didn't own up to it.

What unnerved me a little bit is that he recited the entirety of the comment exactly as I had written it. It's a somewhat befuddling thing to begin a conversation thinking "oh yeah, I read that post, too" and shift very quickly to "he's talking about the comment I wrote," "should I admit authorship?" and "holy **** he memorized the exact language I used." It's probably just be an odd quirk of his memory that he recited those couple of lines perfectly, but, even so, it is a decidedly weird experience to have a comment you posted anonymously recited back to you by a living person who does not know that you wrote it.

what an odd night

went for a coffee with random girl i met a couple of weeks ago, stuffed around chatting for ages, then she dragged me to a gig.

turns out it was my friend's show that i'd completely forgotten about.

watched them play, then went back to the bass player's place for some drinks. then all of a sudden everyone was topless and random girl and a friend of mine started undressing me. then we all continued drinking as per normal.

though had to shoot down the random girl again. she's really nice and cute, but i'm not gonna cheat on my gf. especially not with someone i only just met

*bok likes this*

I know I'm old, because when I hear Shryke's stories, I just think about how long my body would take to recover from the drinking and the steak at 6 AM.

Also, I'm pretty sure getting undressed by two topless girls is cheating, but maybe I'm a bit conservative.

few hours of sleep and i'm perfectly fine :thumbsup:

and my gf is well aware of the sort of stuff my friends and i get up to. we're an affectionate bunch, and many a time she's seen people come up and give me a big hug and kiss - guys and girls alike. she's not the jealous type thankfully. i regularly drink with her ex's best friend and she's met a couple of mine too. no big deal

Pushing the day along.

Having the spaniel and alsatian playing dominance games and snapping at each other this morning. Although trying to keep the puppy from annoying the cat and getting an eye clawed has proven a bit of a hassle.

Enjoying a stabbing headache that is making me reach for the ibruprofen in a minute.

****ing miserable abortion of a week. Glad it's over. Tempted to go buy a bottle of single malt and a cigar and destroy those both by myself. :p

4.5 days down, 9.5 to go. Absolutely nothing to do, which is amusing when I think of how much the client is paying the company for this. Ah well. Been a pretty nice week, the only lady in our office is quitting (and the last of my induction group still employed at the company besides myself) so that is kind of a downer. Time to spend a fun weekend studying C.

Still can't get over the fact that the client has a coffee maker AND a kettle that's cleaned nightly (the office kettle has had about 2cm of salt deposits all around the inside since I joined). :p

****ing miserable abortion of a week. Glad it's over. Tempted to go buy a bottle of single malt and a cigar and destroy those both by myself. :p

Ah hah. I've got the urge to wipe out a bottle of port.. and I've got that batch of cigars a friend of mine keeps stocking up from his trips to Mexico..

But so far resisting that. Temperance and all.

Watching the whining created by the (preliminary) Finnish parliamentary election results.

As a long-time whine vampire, I'm getting some absolute vintage stuff right now, almost DA2 level.

Quiet weekend, read the White Book and did some of the exercises in my head :lol: Other than that, got a heart attack from Arsenal then followed by disappointment, got some cleaning done, and now, back to fscking around with C++.