Bioware's New Game

Gorth

What do you wish to save? People? Or Industry?

ME: Industry.

*sees people get wiped out.

MISSION COMPLETE:

MISSION DEBRIEF: You saved the people. Who knows what effect this has?

Then checking my completed missions it stated I destroyed the people and saved the industry.

What exactly is not buggy there? I kinda wonder what ME3 uses, the correct or incorrect, if referenced at at all of course.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

What exactly is not buggy there? I kinda wonder what ME3 uses, the correct or incorrect, if referenced at at all of course.

Curious, I hadn't heard that one. I'm pretty sure it's always worked as it should for me - well, apart from the fact that on the x360, the logic of the choice is different from the rest of the game so people end up picking the other choice than they intended. In both the end briefing and IMO the mission page as well.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

What do you wish to save? People? Or Industry?

ME: Industry.

*sees people get wiped out.

MISSION COMPLETE:

MISSION DEBRIEF: You saved the people. Who knows what effect this has?

Then checking my completed missions it stated I destroyed the people and saved the industry.

I'm fairly sure I didn't have that bug. Saving the spaceport meant that a bunch of people got killed, but long-term viability of the colony was preserved etc. so the consequences are pretty much in your face as well. I have a game in which I haven't completed this assignment yet, so I'll check anyway and get back to you.

I very much liked the concept of the quest and the dilemma presented, but not HOW it was presented. "Yeah, so we launch a bunch of missiles, but we may or may not be able to transmit self-destruct codes to them." Also, either the missiles don't travel at FTL speeds (which means the Normandy should be able to intercept them anyway), or they would reach their targets in seconds, again invalidating the premise of the mission. A pity when a good narrative idea gets butchered by lazy writing/design.

RE Bio DLC. Yes, they have shown that they are capable of doing very good things (I haven't played LotSB myself but critical acclaim is pretty uniform) with DLC, so it's all the more jarring that they invest any effort on this sort of thing. Still, I'm hopeful it won't be just disco retextures for armor and 80's shades this time around.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

RE Bio DLC. Yes, they have shown that they are capable of doing very good things (I haven't played LotSB myself but critical acclaim is pretty uniform) with DLC, so it's all the more jarring that they invest any effort on this sort of thing. Still, I'm hopeful it won't be just disco retextures for armor and 80's shades this time around.

Early on, they mixed "breather dlc" in with the Good Stuff, so that they could have regular monthly DLC releases to keep people's curiosity piqued and make them less likely to turn the game in. There was a pretty high demand for one of these packs on the Bio boards, and in fact Evil Chris Priestly ran a poll asking for suggestions, as well (getting "proper" Liara-style armor for the seminaked chicks and more old-school Krogan armor for Grunt were the most popular suggestion)... They've been pretty mum about their ME2 plans, but we might see either a temporary spike after the PS3 release or they might actually ramp the production up to build hype for ME3.

tl;dr: They are doing this to put something out - which in this case a considerable amount of people asked for - for the precise reason that it doesn't take a lot of effort!

So... here it is:

banner.png

A monocle and light armor for Miranda (remains to be seen if she'll get a proper helmet), orthodontics and disco armor retexture for Grunt, and some Tali fan service to appeal to the legion of Tali creeps at the Bioboards. Why do I even bother? **** this.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So... here it is:

banner.png

A monocle and light armor for Miranda (remains to be seen if she'll get a proper helmet), orthodontics and disco armor retexture for Grunt, and some Tali fan service to appeal to the legion of Tali creeps at the Bioboards. Why do I even bother? **** this.

Well, they look pretty **** in that, don't they. Can't tell what's different with Tali and Grunt's teenage angst apparently is indeed being reinforced with orthodontics. Miranda's visor indeed looks like a monocle in that pic, but it's the only one that doesn't look like it totally epically sucks. As usual, will reserve final judgment until have seen the (inevitable) in-engine pics at the official page, but for now am pretty underwhelmed. :p

Edit: Looks like Tali's armor is a take on the one Liara was wearing in the DLC. While I think it's a good idea to armor up the girls a bit, Tali wouldn't have been my first, second or anything but last choice for that. But I guess the abovementioned talimancers are a critical buyer group here. o:)

Edited by Nepenthe

Miranda's armor looks like it may be the only thing worth using of the pack, and the monocle appears subtle enough not to seem out of place, but it's nowhere near enough for me to purchase BW/EA points for that (tangentially, did you know that MS got sued over their points bundles practices?).

How hard can it be, Bioware? (LotSB spoilers)

Edited by 213374U

Miranda's armor looks like it may be the only thing worth using of the pack, and the monocle appears subtle enough not to seem out of place, but it's nowhere near enough for me to purchase BW/EA points for that (tangentially, did you know MS got sued over their points bundles practices?).

How hard can it be, Bioware? (LotSB spoilers)

Mmh, maybe the whole thing about the PS3 version being the best ME2 version is in fact due to it being the only platform that doesn't have the stupid points system? :)

Wonder when it's actually coming out. Kind of funny it's out in Japan, but hasn't officially been confirmed by Bioware just yet. :D

They charge people for that, hmm.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Mmh, maybe the whole thing about the PS3 version being the best ME2 version is in fact due to it being the only platform that doesn't have the stupid points system? :)

Wonder when it's actually coming out. Kind of funny it's out in Japan, but hasn't officially been confirmed by Bioware just yet. :D

Nah, the PC is still the superior platform, because it's probably just a matter of time before people crack the PCC file format and start releasing content like that (and better) for free. In the meantime, DLC that's actually decent can still be purchased without loaning MS/BW/EA a penny.

People have already cracked the format enough to introduce custom skins. I've seen Shepard reskinned as Miranda. And Garrus cuddling with a Collector in the Commander's room.

Though I guess since I've only seen model swaps and not actual new models, maybe not so much.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Underwhelming, to put it mildly. Those are basically retextures, as even Miranda's armor is a reskin of femShep's Cerberus Assault Armor. I would be less pissy if they at least made those available through the Cerberus Network, but alas it was not to be.

And so much for "listening to the community", when response to their obsession with eyewear has been uniformly negative. Bah.

Underwhelming, to put it mildly. Those are basically retextures, as even Miranda's armor is a reskin of femShep's Cerberus Assault Armor. I would be less pissy if they at least made those available through the Cerberus Network, but alas it was not to be.

And so much for "listening to the community", when response to their obsession with eyewear has been uniformly negative. Bah.

Limiting choice and recycling assets then selling them as 'innovations' are all part of the EmoWare USP!

sonsofgygax.JPG

Games were a lot better when your characters were just square blobs of colored pixels.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.