RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Maria Caliban

"You mean EA? The group that actually was toeing the line of legality?"

Nope. Activision. That's the company that broke a bumch of serious lawsnot to mention morality during this nonense including basically keeping people somewhere against their will as well as ahrassment and other scummy stuff. Nope, Activision is the evil vilalin in this while EA is the hero that came to the rescue the victims.

So there, Activision Apologizer. :)

Then it becomes "who broke the law first" assuming both are true, hater. After all EA headhunting right out of Acti's pocket and utilizing the promise of a good job to delay a competitors item, is against the law, and currently that seems to have more to back it up then word of mouth.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

huh, he considers New Vegas the actual Fallout 4, that's odd.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm not that dumb, Worst. he states that the next FO game will be dubbed FO5, that NV is the official FO4

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Hm, and another couple of studios close up shop..

Bizarre Creations announce their imminent closure.. and Disney decide to shut down Propaganda Games.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"After all EA headhunting right out of Acti's pocket and utilizing the promise of a good job to delay a competitors item, is against the law, and currently that seems to have more to back it up then word of mouth."

All Activision is an obvioius joke email. They will have to prove amlicious intent of sabatoge. Need more than one silly email to do that.

Activision is the evil viallin here. The fact they felt the need to drag EA into this just shows how evil they are because now they can try to spin it as big bad EA trying to destroy the competition and white wash their abhorrent behaviour and how they treated their employees like STEALING THEIR MONEY.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"After all EA headhunting right out of Acti's pocket and utilizing the promise of a good job to delay a competitors item, is against the law, and currently that seems to have more to back it up then word of mouth."

All Activision is an obvioius joke email. They will have to prove amlicious intent of sabatoge. Need more than one silly email to do that.

Activision is the evil viallin here. The fact they felt the need to drag EA into this just shows how evil they are because now they can try to spin it as big bad EA trying to destroy the competition and white wash their abhorrent behaviour and how they treated their employees like STEALING THEIR MONEY.

Except, as pointed out in the article, if West and Zamp broke their contract, then they don't get no money. You can cry all you want, but it's law that matters, not your personal axe against activision. I do find it silly that you take West and Zamp at their word right off, but will ignore anything that Acti says because of your idiocy until there's such incredible proof that you'd have to be deaf, dumb, blind, and mentally inside out to not see it.

Also, I am TOTALLY buying duke (although, being the person I am, I just pray that the game isn't censored >.>)

Edited by Calax

Contains cursing so possibly NSFW.

One thought:

car-explosion.jpg

:woot: :woot: :woot:

I second it :woot: :woot: :woot:

Third! o:):woot: :woot:

Finally a MAN's game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Cry all you want, but ACTI is evil. They stole money from their employees and expect said employees to shut up and take? No way no how. they use intimidation, bullying, holding people against their will, and other nasty stuff. ACTI are scumbags. Deal with it. And, it's not just two guys' word but an entire division's worth of people's word.

Show me evidence beyond the word of the people. Show me that they didn't explicitly breach their contract in the production of the game and then using their control of the game to cause industrial sabotage as a favor to their future employers. If there was an implicit understanding between West and Zamp's group, and EA before the release of MW2 that they'd be moving companies, there is no reason they should get extra money.

And by your logic EA is as much an evil company given their history.

Show me evidence beyond the word of the people. Show me that they didn't explicitly breach their contract in the production of the game and then using their control of the game to cause industrial sabotage as a favor to their future employers. If there was an implicit understanding between West and Zamp's group, and EA before the release of MW2 that they'd be moving companies, there is no reason they should get extra money.

Nah, it's Activision who has to show that they explicitly breached their contract as a favour to their future employers and that there was an implicit understanding. Or explicit, as they seem to be trying to do.

Coz' that's how justice rolls, dawg.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The EA stuff is a red herring. Activision needs to show that the timing of the release compromised their sales. Good luck with that.

If Vince and Jason sabotaged Modern Warfare, they did a piss poor job of it. Black Ops did even better than Modern Warfare 2 did.

Black Ops was made by Treyarch rather than IW. And MW2 was sold mainly on the premise of "it's the same company who did MW1" and yet it had significantly less polish than it's predecessor to the degree that you'd have thought it was made by a first time company.

And Nep, I was saying that I'd need to have evidence of the "draconian measures" at IW before I'd believe it. At least with the Map pack delay there's an email (tongue in cheek or not) that demonstrates it's existence from a source that didn't think that this would happen.

ACTI is in the wrong. It's so obvious except to ACTI fanboys. Scumbag pieces ofc rap acti ARE. Kidnapper,s bully, stalkers, and a low form of 'human'. No doubt about it.

prove to me they ar einnocent.. good luck, b/c you can't.

Edited by Volourn

Black Ops was made by Treyarch rather than IW. And MW2 was sold mainly on the premise of "it's the same company who did MW1" and yet it had significantly less polish than it's predecessor to the degree that you'd have thought it was made by a first time company.

Yes, and in spite of Black Ops being made by Treyarch (typically considered the inferior of the COD developers), it was still able to ride the insanely popular wave of Modern Warfare 2.

For as bad as some people claim Modern Warfare 2 was, it certainly didn't hurt the popularity of the franchise at all. Unless you're going to argue that people decided to purchase it on Day One because it wasn't made by Infinity Ward (which is a bull**** claim), the only conclusion you can draw from the success of Black Ops is that Modern Warfare 2 continued to improve the exposure of the company.

People talk with their wallets, and the sheer stupid volume of people playing Modern Warfare 2 when it came out indicates that people crying about lack of polish are probably just chest thumpers. The Modern Warfare franchise grew in popularity as a result of Modern Warfare 2. Regardless of what those thumping their chest would like you to believe. Even the stupid map packs were ridiculously good sellers. For a game that people allegedly thought was subpar? Please. So lacking in polish that people just couldn't wait to play more of it. If Modern Warfare 2 was such a step down, then why on Earth did people not display any hesitation whatsoever for Black Ops? Because they just knew that the lesser COD was going to make an even better game?

Now for the speculative part: Activision is butthurt because of this whole situation, and is seeking this course of action in an attempt to save face. I think much of this attempt to save face goes back to things like Brutal Legend, which basically saw Electronic Arts reap the rewards for virtually no cost because Activision played the whole situation stupidly.

There's no evidence at all that Modern Warfare has been sabotaged based on the numbers. Which means you are going to have to dig pretty damn deep to show signs of attempted sabotage. If they cannot prove that releasing the map pack when they did compromised sales, then this isn't going to bear much fruit for Activision.

Edited by Thorton_AP

Gonna hard to prove any sort of 'sabatoge' when you are disucssing one of the mkost successfuls eries/games in history. L0L And, I say that while not giving a crap about COD, et co. I only 'care' now b/c I laothe evil and ACT is evil. Their bullying, kidnapping, threads, thievery, etc. should be abolished.