Deus Ex 3

Pidesco

i remember just using the wrench for most of the game until I got the assault rifle, and even that I just hoarded bullets until the last level or two when you really need to take down enemies fast

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i remember just using the wrench for most of the game until I got the assault rifle, and even that I just hoarded bullets until the last level or two when you really need to take down enemies fast

Yup, that was pretty much the best approach.

Use the wrench as much as possible for the first 1/2 or so the game, while making sporadic use of the pistol when absolutely neccessary. USe the shotgun for a while in the mid game. Then switch over to the assault rife for the last couple levels. ALl the while hording nanites to buy more ammo in the late game.

Weapon balance was one of the game's biggest problems.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

its funny, now that i've been so spoiled getting to tweak weapon balance with the GECK all I can imagine is how much better SS2 would be if I could do the same thing.

Lessen the cost of ammo by 15%, up the damage of the lower tier weapons a tad and nerf the upper tier a tad as well = better game for only 20 minutes of work.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

when I get home I'm re-installing SS2.

i did not know there was an editor... I'm assuming it's right on the disc or do i have to download it somewhere?

It's a separate download. The linked site has it there.

It's basically the same as the editor for the first two Thief games. Pretty powerful for the time and for what it does, but not the most user friendly and there are some things which cannot (potential source alterations notwithstanding) be altered at all.

Well here's hoping that's time well spent :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

His name is Adam Jensen? same surname as me :p What's up with all the Scandinavian names and surnames in games lately, Anders/Sten from DA:O and now Mr. Jensen etc.. It feels a little silly for me to play characters with names of people I know.

Fortune favors the bald.

So it's 25 developer hours and 10 real world hours, right? :lol:

Deus Ex 1 was about 10 hours, no? This sounds alright to me.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Heck no. DX1 was, if anything, too long, I'd probably put that one at 25 hours from memory.

Not too fussed about length if it's well paced.

System Shock 2 was 8-9 hours and you did everything. So 25 hours is good enough for a first person action adventure.

Does that include hiding in corners from spiders/robots and the long hot showers shaking in the fetal position afterward?

Or trying to get that damn basketball through the hoop on deck 5.

Heck no. DX1 was, if anything, too long, I'd probably put that one at 25 hours from memory.

Not too fussed about length if it's well paced.

It was much, much shorter for me. Same with most games like Mass Effect (7 hours) or Dragon Age (14 hours at best).

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It was much, much shorter for me. Same with most games like Mass Effect (7 hours) or Dragon Age (14 hours at best).

No sidequest, just flying through the main mission or do you skip all the dialouge? 7 hours.. phew, I think my quickest playthrough in ME was 20 hours. :o

Fortune favors the bald.

Fishplonk Blowdrain

Ok seriously, that's the greatest name ever. You should trademark it before someone on the internet steals it and makes oodles of cash. o:)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

No sidequest, just flying through the main mission or do you skip all the dialouge? 7 hours.. phew, I think my quickest playthrough in ME was 20 hours. o:)

Pretty much. I did have longer "Completionist" runs that went on for about 24 hours where I did everything, but that's much shorter than other people's claims of 60 hours.

Dragon Age was just incredibly boring so I skimmed through it.

Deus Ex... well I was playing on easy.