FO: NV (General Discussion)

Pidesco

Yeah I'm playing it right now, it's really fun so far. It's hard to say much about it really until I've finished it since I've only put in an hour or two.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I have tried a few fan made mods with VO and every single one of them except ONE had so bad voice acting I honestly couldn't play them. My recommendation, forget it.

The mere idea of fan VAs scares me to no end. Then again, people make all kinds of worrying mods for Bethesda's games.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dead Money not the main game I mean. So I'll let you guys know in a few hours

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I've been fiddling with the game mechanics a lot and I found a few nice tidbits that provide some nice gameplay changes;

-You can assign multiple skills to any item but normally only 1 governs an attribute (decay rate, damage, spread etc). However you can force 2 skills to the same pool by adding a little bit of chooser code to the beginning.

Example: Use Meele or Survial (whichever is higher) for combat knife. Use rifles or Close combat for certain shotguns (my modpile in progress)

-adding a couple of new explosives to the crafting list (pipe bomb(fuse), satchel charge (fuse,remote, prox), claymore (remote,prox), Molotov coctail) makes the explosives skill a viable choice for front line combat.

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Brand new releases almost never get sales. With the exception of how Best Buy marks down movies for the first couple of weeks.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Brand new releases almost never get sales. With the exception of how Best Buy marks down movies for the first couple of weeks.

Normally this is true, but a number of the deals look like fairly new releases, like Undead Nightmare. They probably wouldn't give a price reduction to Dead Money a couple of days after release though... they better not anyway! :thumbsup:

All right... will download...

Wait when did Undead Nightmare go on sale and for how much?

Why the need for the virtual money. Tax evation ?. I remember I had to buy some for Dragon Age to unlock a DLC, ended up having 50 to spare which I will never be able to use since I'm on a PC. It seems completely pointless.

I don't know but I fricken' hate it. Every time I want to buy something over XBLA I have to do a conversion.

80 points = $1 (Would make more sense to just have a dollar = 100 points if they don't want to use a monetary system)

400 points = $5

Undead Nightmare @ 600 points = $7.50

etc.

You can go to a store and buy cards that give you a code that you then implement to get your money's worth of points. Minimum being $20 dollars (1600 MS Points) or you can use a credit card to buy points. I've avoided this as I've heard that hackers might get hold of your card # so I just buy the cards in stores.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

You can go to a store and buy cards that give you a code that you then implement to get your money's worth of points. Minimum being $20 dollars (1600 MS Points) or you can use a credit card to buy points. I've avoided this as I've heard that hackers might get hold of your card # so I just buy the cards in stores.
If you're worried about hackers... I'd avoid using any of those self checkout kiosks, if your are not using cash... Some of those things are running unpatched Windows 2000, with live internet connections. :) Edited by Gizmo

If you're worried about hackers... I'd avoid using any of those self checkout kiosks, if your are not using cash... Some of those things are running unpatched Windows 2000, with live internet connections. :)

Only used it once because there was no cashier available. I've had no fishy business so far but I'll continue to avoid them.

I forgot to mention that someone at Microsoft really messed up yesterday. This has now been fixed.

What happened was that the DLC was put up for free and many gamers downloaded it. I saw it myself, but it didn't help me, because I do not own the Xbox version.

I forgot to mention that someone at Microsoft really messed up yesterday. This has now been fixed.

What happened was that the DLC was put up for free and many gamers downloaded it. I saw it myself, but it didn't help me, because I do not own the Xbox version.

Missed that.

I'm really enjoying Dead Money so far. It has the most interesting Super Mutant in any Fallout to date and I'm interested in discovering this resort's secrets. I'm especially interested in finding out what the deal is with Christine. I've finished gathering the team but I'm a bit too tired to continue any further tonight.

I've figured that Fallout: New Vegas modding is pretty much like Fallout 2 modding, when it comes to feedback.

In most cases, you only get feedback, if your mod has somehow to do with clothes or boobs or both.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

That's how the modding world is. :ermm:

I've installed it now, but haven't started my new playthrough yet, hoping to time it so I can play Dead Money on that one.