BioWare's New Game

Maria Caliban

Yes, but what battle, really?

no idea really, because the Reapers are suddenly hell-bent on destroying the human race (apparently, leaving the other races of the galaxy live in peace). I sense a universal plot against humans. the Reapers are just these big combines, made by the Council :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

At the end of ME1, one single Reaper destroyed several dreadnoughts by simply ramming them. His shields couldn't even be pierced until Shepard beat his Kermit the Cyber-Frog form.

It'll take some ridiculous plot twist to beat a thousand Reapers. Like Jeff Goldblum and his Apple notebook inserting a virus.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

to rally the civilizations

Erm... You know, I try to keep positive attitude and most definately will buy the game, but damn that's a cliche! I'm sure my racist human character will have jolly good time find allies, after pissing off all council races, hanaar, elcor, batarians, quarians, rachni.. well, at least there's still Krogan who probably don't care that I've executed several of 'em, Volus will follow the money and Vorcha who are probably too stupid to connect the dots.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Mass Effect was always about being a you-rock-buddy save-the-world space opera, so I'm not sure why anybody ever thought ME3 wouldn't end like this? :ermm:

Of course, from what I've seen, didn't they already do a lot of 'rally the civs' and 'Shepard I thought you were dead' already? Hrm. What EPIC have they got left?

Mass Effect was always about being a you-rock-buddy save-the-world space opera, so I'm not sure why anybody ever thought ME3 wouldn't end like this? :ermm:

Of course, from what I've seen, didn't they already do a lot of 'rally the civs' and 'Shepard I thought you were dead' already? Hrm. What EPIC have they got left?

I dunno, maybe actual Reapers instead of their boring Collector mooks?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yes, but what battle, really? With the amount of Reapers shown at the end of ME2, one would think they could easily blow the entire planet to smithereens.

It would be great to see this. It won't happen, of course. Shepard will miraculously save all of humanity.

no idea really, because the Reapers are suddenly hell-bent on destroying the human race (apparently, leaving the other races of the galaxy live in peace).

Human centric space opera sucks.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Kinda sounds like the beginning of Halo 2. Wasn't there some super secret thing that just happened to be buried under Earth that the bad guys wanted?

I would have rather have had the final battle in some mysterious place in the galaxy. I guess I've seen futuristic Earth destroyed so many times in various media that the thought doesn't really fill me with excitement.

I hope Bioware can add a sense of real urgency to the game. If the reapers just chill while Shephard goes around mining for minerals, solving local grievances, falcon punching news reporters, picking up Serrice Brandy and seducing every female he comes across, well they deserve to lose. I would like to see the Reapers take over whole sections of the galaxy with the rest of the galaxy getting glimpses of the genocide that is happening.

Mission structures where you're constantly fighting losing battles, sabotaging entire cities to take out one reaper, frantic evacuation of populace missions, hold the line missions, even infiltrating active reapers, all the while trying to find the magic macguffin that will destroy the reapers, or at least break the cycle, would be entertaining in my book.

Let the speculation begin.

Mission structures where you're constantly fighting losing battles, sabotaging entire cities to take out one reaper, frantic evacuation of populace missions, hold the line missions, even infiltrating active reapers, all the while trying to find the magic macguffin that will destroy the reapers, or at least break the cycle, would be entertaining in my book.

BioWare should've hired you instead of the dummy(ies) responsible for ME 2-3 plot :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Sounds pretty bad. Anyone notice how the emphasis of the series has shifted from "humans are newcomers, the galaxy is a big place" (pretty interesting, allows for some cool situations) to "**** YEAH HUMANITY, ALIENS ARE WORTHLESS!" (cliched and dumb)?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Sounds pretty bad. Anyone notice how the emphasis of the series has shifted from "humans are newcomers, the galaxy is a big place" (pretty interesting, allows for some cool situations) to "**** YEAH HUMANITY, ALIENS ARE WORTHLESS!" (cliched and dumb)?

I resent that comment humans have earned their place on the galaxy with the blood spilled on the battle with Sovereign.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I resent that comment humans have earned their place on the galaxy with the blood spilled on the battle with Sovereign.

What, and the blood spilled by the aliens means **** all?

The rapid shift from humanity being the underdogs to humanity being the most important species in the galaxy really hurts the setting.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I wonder if Obz will ever get offered a Bio gig again, mebbe Mass Effect XVI or Dragon Age XXV?

Why wouldn't they? AFAIK they still have a decent relationship and nwn2 did really well. The writing was far better then the original. However EA may have other plans for bio. I thought I read somewhere EA is having them focus on making original IP's like ME and DA. So not sure how they will feel handing over a custom property to another dev house. If they are smart they will however with break off games. For example bio still works on DA and the story started in DA1 but they license obsid to work on a new story/location in DA between their own DA releases. Could create DA (or whatever IP) market burnout but OTOH could work out well if the quality is well done.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

oh, god... the battle for Earth... how much more cliche could it be :woot:

Yes, but what battle, really? With the amount of Reapers shown at the end of ME2, one would think they could easily blow the entire planet to smithereens.

I think Lair of the Shadow Broker hints at what the solution is going to be.

Prothean tech discovered by Shepard

Surprised by all the whining here,* I think it's been pretty obvious that the abovementioned GondorCallsforAid is the natural ending point of the storyline, with options for cooperation (paragon) and control (renegade).

it's nothing ground-breaking on paper, but when has any bio game been? I mean BG1 and BG2 would have seemed pretty damn clich

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ok, let me recap:

Bioware announces a trilogy of Star Wars ripoff games will be released in the coming years.

Bioware releases Mass Effect.

Bioware releases Mass Effect 2.

Bioware announces A NEW GAME WILL BE RELEASED!!

Bioware spends weeks teasing about this NEW GAME that will blow the socks off Bioware fans!!

Bioware releases strange codes and Facebook hints about this NEW GAME!!

Bioware announces the NEW GAME!! Mass Effect 3.

HOW ****ING STUPID IS THAT?! What the hell was all the drama for then?! EVERYONE knew there would be a Mass Effect 3, they announced it as a trilogy! By having this elaborate marketing scheme for a NEW GAME, suddenly I got my hopes up for an actual new game from Bioware, not them churning out another yearly Star Wars ripoff sequel.

This is dumb taken to a whole other level.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Is that opinion Morgoth or do you know one of the developers at Bioware or have you heard something on their forum/press release saying something to that effect? I only ask because Bioware have outsourced Mass Effect in the past with that training station DLC. Also they have outsourced Dragon Age by letting another developer work on the flash games, which isn't the same thing I know, but it suggests that they aren't totally ridged to the idea of outsourcing. I can see reasons why they wouldn't want to share their IPs as well, and you might be correct. I'm just wondering how certain you are?

Is that opinion Morgoth or do you know one of the developers at Bioware or have you heard something on their forum/press release saying something to that effect? I only ask because Bioware have outsourced Mass Effect in the past with that training station DLC. Also they have outsourced Dragon Age by letting another developer work on the flash games, which isn't the same thing I know, but it suggests that they aren't totally ridged to the idea of outsourcing. I can see reasons why they wouldn't want to share their IPs as well, and you might be correct. I'm just wondering how certain you are?

Well then answer me why Bio hasn't outsourced Jade Empire 2 to Obsidian despite the interest from both Bio and the EA CEO to do one?

Well then answer me why Bio hasn't outsourced Jade Empire 2 to Obsidian despite the interest from both Bio and the EA CEO to do one?

Maybe Obsidian isn't interested in doing a Jade Empire 2? :woot:

Seriously though, I agree with Mkreku, creating this kind of MASS (no pun intended) HYPE for a game that everybody knew they were already making, but suddenly decided to get coy about, is as lame as things can get. Esepcially if it's just an announcement and no release date.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

*shrug*

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps it's a case of timing with Obsidian having just come off New Vegas and currently having DS3 and The Wheel of Time to work on. Maybe JE2 actually is Obsidian's next title although I don't believe it either. Perhaps Bioware and EA want the focus to be on the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series while they're still both hot properties or maybe it's for reasons entirely different. I wasn't saying "You're wrong" I was asking if you'd heard something I hadn't from an official source or an employee blog, it wouldn't be hard to believe or beyond the realm of possibility.

Edited by Serrano

*shrug*

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps it's a case of timing with Obsidian having just come off New Vegas and currently having DS3 and The Wheel of Time to work on. Maybe JE2 actually is Obsidian's next title although I don't believe it either. Perhaps Bioware and EA want the focus to be on the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series while they're still both hot properties or maybe it's for reasons entirely different. I wasn't saying "You're wrong" I was asking if you'd heard something I hadn't from an official source or an employee blog, it wouldn't be hard to believe or beyond the realm of possibility.

I haven't heard anything official about this matter, but if you observe Bio's policy and read some BioDocs interviews you come to the conclusion that ME/DA are Bio's babies and they ain't gonna give them away.

what is this Wheel of Time? :lol:

Extensive fantasy series of books.. People divide up on either loving the hell out of them, or finding them annoying/boring.

There was a fairly decent fps built around the Wheel of Time some years ago.. but there's been some talk of turning it into more of an rpg game style of thing.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

and Obsidian officially announced they're attached to a WoT project?

Walsingham said: