Pictures of your games

So.. this is the furthest down I've gotten:

TerrariaSS02.jpg

I have no clue what to do there. All I do is cheese my way slowly forward by building these tunnels.. The enemies kill you very fast if they get a hold of you, the lava is obviously lethal, and even the red buildings hurt you if you walk on/in them! So basically I dig my way down for an hour, look at the dangerous things and then teleport my way back to my safe house.

I did break down slightly, however. I looked up some recipes (on http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/ ) and how to build a house. The depth meter is new.

It definitely helps to have a house. I can't get the game to recognize my new house as my spawn point (despite following the instructions on the Wiki), but other than that it's a success. Ugly as hell too.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I don't think he needs to worry about his head being crippled.

post-1458-1313998708_thumb.jpg

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I've forgotten how to link to my steam screenshots.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, the game's out and here's some first impressions...

post-330-1315581418_thumb.jpg

A paradise, this is not....

Well, the game didn't get off to the best of starts due to the developers releasing a debug version onto Steam where there were still quite a few bugs left untouched. After a few forum posts and facebook posts, the developers assured that the game version would be corrected and within a couple days, it was. The first patch released made all previous saved games non-compliant which was kind of a raw deal, but every patch since then has been fine and helped weed out little bugs here and there and it appears that the devs are listening to fans about bugs and patching them out. However, the MP is still a little bit of a mixed bag due to the success because the developers are hooking up a lot more servers due to the amount of volume on their servers and their current capacity not being enough for any system being the pc, xbox, or ps3, but it seems like everything's getting to be the way it should be.

On the gameplay side though, this game has been superb, at least single player. While I have had random folks join my game and help bash some zombies, it's been, up until recently, a single player experience. However, that's been by my choice as I wanted to see the game for myself and it's been great. The melee combat is very satisfying, the world has been detailed, the quests have been pretty decent, and exploration and looting have been similar to that of games like Fallout or Borderlands.

This game has the makings to be great and from reviews spread throughout the internet, it appears that a lot of folks are really enjoying the game and that it has been a huge surprise and I can confirm that. I had some reservations, due to the developers, Techland, whose previous titles were the Call of Juarez games, but it appears that they really took their time with this game. Approximately 5 years of development time, and it shows. Although there are some bugs here and there, it appears to be a very solid title with some great exploration and gameplay across a pretty good size map. I've been able to put about 6 hours into it so far and have had fun. The color classing of the loot being white, green, blue, purple, and orange really make exploration more motivating and the quests that are spread throughout the levels also create a sense of "what's over there?" as you're looking at the fogged out section of your map as you're walking or driving around.

There's some great RPG elements as well as you can level up your character, I believe to 50, and put points in different skill points which really affect how you play the game, whether you're trying to survive or just there to take out as many zombies as you can. One thing I will say off the bat is I'm quite surprised at the different models of zombies. Even though you come across quite a large number of zombies, I've never noticed two alike. That's not to say there's never two that look alike, but I'm just saying it's not as prevalent as I thought it would.

As I spend more time with the title, I'll give some more impressions about the gameplay and other components, but for now, I can easily say it's worth the entry price and I look forward to the multiplayer for sure.

Interesting review, SadExchange. Thanks for taking the trouble.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

ScreenShot8.jpg

Hot Clover

F3ScreenShot9.jpg

A good Red is a dead Red.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester