Pictures of your games

Guest Slinky

Got in Hong Kong in Deus Ex:

nmajpt.jpg

The streets of Hong Kong. I'm the kind of guy who tries to explore every nook and cranny, and Hong Kong is to me like a huge candy store for a kid.

adzude.jpg

Club Lucky Money. Looks like school girl style is still going strong in the future.

2njlgn6.jpg

The Man Who Can't Smile, JC Denton himself.

One last look through my books before I uninstall Morrowind, still a ****ton of stuff to do in the game but I've burnt out now all the main quests are done and there's loads of other games to keep me busy till Skyrim, I doubt it'll have the same magic though, what a ride.

books.jpg

Edited by Gorth
Language

Everytime I see Bok's screenshots I want to buy two more monitors :lol:

Planning to upgrade my rig this year. My current one is getting old (3).

Do you actually see more when playing in that resolution or is the screen stretched out? I was never too sure.

Yeah i highly recommended a multi-monitor setup, as it does let you see more at once in games than standard widescreen (if you configure it right). In my case i have a PLP (portrait, landscape, portrait) setup which unfortunately leaves me out of using nvidia surround or ATI eyefinity configurations which require three monitors of the exact same resolution, so I have to use a software based triplehead solution (SoftTH) that's still in beta form (but it works good in most games).

Things tend to stretch out a bit at the very edges; it was weird to me at first cuz it's like a fish-eye camera! But I found out that it does that to simulate peripheral vision and they recommend you focus at the center screen and not look directly at the sides to get the proper immersion effect

When not playing games, I have 60" of desktop screen space that makes crazy multitasking easy :lol:

In these days, it's so easy to get multi monitor setups: you can find plenty of used monitors for cheap on Ebay!!

I would still find the monitor borders of a multi-monitor setup extremely & constantly annoying for game playing;I'd never get used to it. I'd have to buy special borderless monitors or something.

Hubs doesn't like 'widescreens' for some reason but he has three 19" 4:3 and one 22" widescreen LCD's set up together. He can both use them as "one" single monitor, or as 4 separate monitors (showing stuff from 4 different pcs) that are yet connected somehow in terms of being able to seemingly just mouse-drag something from one to the other. At least, that's what it looks like, maybe I don't understand/misinterpret what he's done, I don't ask. It's cool, but he doesn't play games on them.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I would still find the monitor borders of a multi-monitor setup extremely & constantly annoying for game playing;I'd never get used to it. I'd have to buy special borderless monitors or something.

As long as you activate bezel compensation in your resolution settings and treat the side monitors as peripheral vision (that is not look directly at them), then the bezels seem to disappear, at least for me anyways.

Some hardcore people strip the side casing off their displays to reduce bezel size:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum...97&start=17

Sooo, I've been seeing all these character models with their retarded giant floating shoulderpads, and they'd all look much better without them.

Anybody know of a way to mod them out?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hm. I was finally playing around with Nevada Skies URWLified, saw the OjoBueno post and grabbed those as well. I don't have Bokishi's rig or a superman-graphic card, but together they still look kinda cool I guess. I only grabbed/used the HQ ones (road, autos, woodshacks, sidewalks, vegetation, saloon packs:I skipped the lootables). There's no huge fps/performance drop using them on my i7, but it did increase loading times (fast traveling, enter a door) by a noticeable amount, and if you have that occasional 'stutter', the increased load seems to make the moment of stutter longer/more disruptive (for me). With NVSkies, I like some things about it (rain, thunder) but sometimes I feel like someone turned on digital vibrance to max- the color saturation/contrast is way too much. My picky eyes...anyway, here's some 'regular joe' screens of the OjoBueno road & sidewalk. I still use 4xAA & 8AF, HDR (no bloom). The autos looked good, the woodplanks were ok, the streetlight textures were certainly loads better but probably not worth downloading since you hardly notice them as you run past 'em, normally, imo.

So...y'know...they look very good in screenies/up close but frankly, when I'm running around playing, I'm not sure I care/notice that much having them there. Still, it's cool, and pretty. :)

Click for full size.

Sidewalks:yup, you can read the litter.

falloutNV-0001247a.jpg

The HQ roads (edit:I used the 'lite cracks' version...not as roughly cracked, dimpled, and destroyed looking as the other two options)

falloutNV-0001248a.jpg falloutNV-0001249a.jpg falloutNV-0001250a.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Too long, can't edit my post. :)

Here's one of a car during a more clear day so you can see the shiny.

falloutNV-0001259a.jpg

@LC: Are you using the normal or URWLified version? Regardless, if you're bothered by the colors/saturation you should really grab the Imaginator. It lets you play with the image pretty much as you like, colors, saturation, contrast, brightness, it has some cool presets, configurable shutter speed and soft focus etc.

@LC: Are you using the normal or URWLified version?

Tried the normal, then the URWLified. Not sure what the difference is exactly. :thumbsup:

Regardless, if you're bothered by the colors/saturation you should really grab the Imaginator. It lets you play with the image pretty much as you like, colors, saturation, contrast, brightness, it has some cool presets, configurable shutter speed and soft focus etc.

Oh, marvelous, that's the ticket. Thank you.

Some npc's are still too "tan" & other stuff like that, under sunny skies, but overall it's much more tolerable. Can put the saturation closer to vanilla game and still have my weather, somewhat bluer skies, & darker nights. Yay.

Edited by LadyCrimson