FO: NV (General Discussion)

Finished my first walkthrough.. and on the one hand.. I love that you actually get comments about the various communities and the effects from your choices on them...

On the other.. While one tells me what I did reduced chaos to a minimum.. another tells me that due to the increase in chaos x happened around group x.. and then another tells me that due to the presence of group y thats in the same area as group x, the streets were safe and quiet...

It's like some of them almost contradict the "general background" of some of the others..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I guess he's talking about the background in the main menu.

The main menu has several cycling images. Unless you mean the red helmeted guy one that shows up when you first start the game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah but the cycling ones might be harder to find on the 'net, w/out the menu words in them. That big red one is all over the place. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's like some of them almost contradict the "general background" of some of the others..

it's all over the game. some dialogue options don't get locked out when they should and NPCs just start contradicting themselves in every sentence. and I don't think one patch is gonna fix it

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Any game that lets me carry a gun while walking around in my 'sexy nightwear' is my kind of game. :)

falloutNV-025.jpg

Also...at least I can make it look like there's romance!

falloutNV-024a.jpg

....Yes I know, I'm strange, as always.

Edited by LadyCrimson

ahaha, that haircut! :) no wonder the legion's troops are scared of you

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That's probably because just before, I was forcing him to 'dance' via repeatedly hitting the Sneak key. :)

...besides, he's the one who's always staring at me! Everywhere I go, his head turns to keep me in view. So tit for tat. Who'll blink first?

ahaha, that haircut! laughing.gif no wonder the legion's troops are scared of you

lol....most of the hairstyles are terrible! I considered going for one of the patchy bald but not this time. ;)

ahaha, that haircut! :lol: no wonder the legion's troops are scared of you

Yeah, she's got that whole Grace Jones thing going

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm about to play. What character builds are working for you guys?

I want to make a post-apoc, high LUCK, Mississippi-Riverboat-Gambling, Mercenary Assassin, Love-Deity sort of character. what perks and powaz do you recommend?

sonsofgygax.JPG

low STR (4), low AGI, unless you plan using VATS (don't), high INT and PER (I had both at 8, but 7 seems to be the magic number), everything else doesn't really matter. for the hardcore mode pumping STR and END might be a good idea, though. take combat traits, don't waste your perk slot on the 10% xp boost, be sure to get the double magazine effectiveness and +2 skill points perks.

Walsingham said:

High INT isn't necessary unless you're someone who wants to max out all skills on one playthrough. Put it below 6 for the occasional laughs, my character has 2 INT and does fine with mentats, skill books (of which there are plenty) and magical clothing.

I use VATS if I'm not sniping because the regular gunplay is uber-twitch otherwise, and I cannot stand it.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I love the real-time combat in NV

Walsingham said:

High INT isn't necessary unless you're someone who wants to max out all skills on one playthrough.

I'm not sure if this is possible. It may be with 10 INT/Educated/Tag!/Comprehension + all books but you'd have to be determined.

Hey guys. Where can I find the menu screens as wallpapers?

On the PC, look in your installation folder under Game\Data\textures\interface\loading

They are all in .dds format so you will probably want to convert them.

Hey guys. Where can I find the menu screens as wallpapers?

On the PC, look in your installation folder under Game\Data\textures\interface\loading

They are all in .dds format so you will probably want to convert them.

Hey, thank you very much for responding, but

30102010154225capture.jpg

Other than that, sounds like exactly what I'd want :lol:

Thanks to Crimson too for providing another very nice wallpaper.

Also, Steam says I'm 42 hours in. Just about level 15 I think! Main quest is not even close to the end I hope, got in the strip only once so far.

Oh, also, Veronica is a badass. Love her.

Also, what's the reasoning behind allowing only one human companion?

Was hoping to go with either Cass/Arcade along with Veronica.

Edited by taviow

I'm about to play. What character builds are working for you guys?

I want to make a post-apoc, high LUCK, Mississippi-Riverboat-Gambling, Mercenary Assassin, Love-Deity sort of character. what perks and powaz do you recommend?

My current chr. I went: STR 4, PER 6, END 4 CHAR 6 INT 8 AGI 6 LUCK 6 and then took Intensive Training twice to put Luck at 7 and STR at 5. Going to do one more IT for Luck at 8 and then do perks. But if you want more STR or END I'd take away INT. (6). I like high INT mostly for non-combat dialogue options, tho the bonus points are nice too. Can't remember why I want 6 AGI, it wasn't for VATS. Something else in the description or for one of sniping type perks maybe.

Perks are just...whatever helps your crits/dmg and defense for preferred weapon/combat style. I ignore experience gain/instant-level/increased magazine time type perks and don't do the extra skill pts. perk either. Most later Perks need 6 in their attrib. requirement, a few/some need 7, or else they're chr. lvl/skill-level number only requirements.

I find the skillbook-based perk useful-- getting 20 points per magazine is very nice for meeting thresholds. E.g., I got my Lockpick up to 55 pretty quickly, so that I could open all Average and below locks, and could use a magazine to open any Hard locks I find. Later on, I'll probably raise it to 80 and leave it there, guessing that there are few enough Very Hard locks that I can rely on magazines for them. Combine that with increasing the effectiveness of the Books, and it's a nice skillpoint-efficiency perk.

Well I've been playing around with character generation and the opening part of the game.

Bravo Obz, and well done Sawyer you've made this callsign happy. First I laughed like a drain at all the names for hairstyles and beards. It really is the small things that make me happy sometimes. I also liked the hat-tip to the JA2 character generation questionnaire, I spotted it and it also made me laugh, especially the Rorsach blots. It also references The Dirty Dozen.

Thanks for all the tips. Deano, my Ratpack-themed greaser / gambler / killer is roaming the wastelands in a shabby business suit looking for cash, murder and lurrrve.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I've started a new game. Wasn't happy with my char not being able to pass so many skill checks, so I made a sniper+ultra intelligent character. Bad stats are endurance, charisma, strength and luck. Agility, perception and Int more or less maxed out.

Now all my skills are uber except it takes me two hits to die. Thankfully I'm good at twitch shooting.

Frankly its a character built to pass checks and shoot well - not really a well formed role playing character, but we do what we must.

+I got this robot companion that can spot enemies a mile away, so I'm racking up headshots like there's no tomorrow. Problem is, even on passive the damn thing is too trigger happy.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

anyone can tell me if thre's a difference in skill points between a INT 8 and INT 10 guy? I really don't need science at 45 at lvl 1, and this is all that I got from INT 10 it seems. might want to restart the game and put the 2 points into luck or something

Walsingham said: