Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

You and the rest of the world Wals.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I'm beginning to wonder if we've been talking about the same girl. If so, I apologise in advance for murdering you with a fridge.

Probably not. In the end, she kind of looks more like Alektra Blue anyway (if you google, it's probably NSFW). Still, "carved from the same tree", as the Finnish saying goes.

Besides, we'd need to whack her new husband first. :thumbsup:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm beginning to wonder if we've been talking about the same girl. If so, I apologise in advance for murdering you with a fridge.

Probably not. In the end, she kind of looks more like Alektra Blue anyway (if you google, it's probably NSFW). Still, "carved from the same tree", as the Finnish saying goes.

Besides, we'd need to whack her new husband first. o:)

I think we should make a film called the Damn Fools Club, which is about a bunch of people like us who set out to 'liberate' the ones who got away. Bit of romantic comedy, plenty of assassination attempts. Would be hilarious.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The Social Network.. an important film, I imagine that about 50% of it is bull****, but still it gives an important insight into the creation Facebook - very recommendable (although I imagine that most here have seen it already).

In the end, she kind of looks more like Alektra Blue anyway (if you google, it's probably NSFW)

I just found out what NSFW means.. o:)

Fortune favors the bald.

I think we should make a film called the Damn Fools Club, which is about a bunch of people like us who set out to 'liberate' the ones who got away. Bit of romantic comedy, plenty of assassination attempts. Would be hilarious.

Clearly one to develop. "Black romantic comedy" is a rarely-attempted art form.

A useful thing for a mod to know - glad I could be of assistance. :*

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The Social Network.. an important film, I imagine that about 50% of it is bull****, but still it gives an important insight into the creation Facebook - very recommendable (although I imagine that most here have seen it already).

In the end, she kind of looks more like Alektra Blue anyway (if you google, it's probably NSFW)

A bunch of college kids come up with a killer app that comes to dominate other attempts at the same thing, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Sounds about as exciting as that movie about Napster, that is, not very.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

A bunch of college kids come up with a killer app that comes to dominate other attempts at the same thing, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Sounds about as exciting as that movie about Napster, that is, not very.

The premise can be summarized as that - but the movie is solid. You do get a sense at who the person behind this phenomena is and how it all came to be, which I find important.. As it dominates social life (in my age group at least) in a strong and very real sense.

Fortune favors the bald.

Social networking revolution ≠ Good movie/interesting story.

What? It isn't so much about the application itself as it is about the struggle to make it what it was.. Have you seen the film? I get a feeling you kinda hate facebook (which is fine) and therefore everything associated is trash (which isn't so good)?

Fortune favors the bald.

Because this website spawned the youngest billionaire on Earth, created an entirely new digital frontier, where the boundaries of privacy and freedom of information is being pushed back and forth on a regular basis. It's rapidly making the entire internet more and more connected (noticed the "I like" from Facebook on websites such as Amazon etc?).. Facebook has the potential to totally alter the way the next generation views and deals with the internet - and it's happening right now.. Or it could explode and spawn a million new things.. who knows?

How is this not interesting?

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't hate facebook at all, I just don't get the sense of entitlement. Why on earth would a reenactment of how a website got made be considered entertainment.

The Facebook guy has a net worth of almost $7 billion. When someone becomes hugely successful nearly overnight, there is usually a story there. I haven't seen the movie, but apparently they told that story in a very entertaining way. According to the Facebook guy they also put in a lot of false stuff, but you should never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Google took considerably longer to develop its empire than Facebook. Still, I am sure they could tell the story well enough. Did you ever see Pirates of Silicon Valley? I thought that was a great telling of the Steve Jobs/Bill Gates story.

I don't hate facebook at all, I just don't get the sense of entitlement. Why on earth would a reenactment of how a website got made be considered entertainment.

The Facebook guy has a net worth of almost $7 billion. When someone becomes hugely successful nearly overnight, there is usually a story there. I haven't seen the movie, but apparently they told that story in a very entertaining way. According to the Facebook guy they also put in a lot of false stuff, but you should never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Also, depending on how much you follow the various stories about it.. the facebook guy actually stole a whole chunk of ideas from various friends and such... Or (depending on the specific point of view) was very good at getting people to put in work developing things, then getting rid of them, getting a new guy in to finish off the development and then basically claiming it.

So supposedly a fair few shennanigans went on.. but it always gets hard to sort myth, fiction, outrage and bad feelings out when one guy makes a fortune like that...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

where the boundaries of privacy and freedom of information is being pushed back and forth disappear on a regular basis.

The 'I Like' feature is probably one of the worst disguised spam tools for e-marketing ever -_-

No, I don't like that web site. How did the old saying go, something like trust is hard to gain and easily squandered? It sure did the latter.

Watched Club Dread. Sort of 'Meh'. Not the worst of it's kind though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Did you ever see Pirates of Silicon Valley? I thought that was a great telling of the Steve Jobs/Bill Gates story.

That's a great movie. Especially when they're taking stuff off each other and other companies. Apple takes the mouse from Xerox, Windows takes the gui from Apple, etc. And the differences and power play between the two. Haven't watched it in years but have been meaning to watch it again.

Well then, I can't wait for the Google saga, should be epic.

I want a see a movie about the birth of UNIX, damn it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra