What are you playing now

Pidesco

I just realized that I've not seen a single car blow up in Fallout: New Vegas. Odd.

And I hadn't realized until now that cars were actually a threat to be reckoned with in Fallout 3. I just remember seeking shelter from a bunch of supermutants and hearing that familiar "pop" of a car going into the first stage of exploding. I must say that Bethesda did well with those, I can still remember the sound that made you flee in panic. Strange, really. While playing Fallout 3 I remember being annoyed by the cars exploding everywhere, thinking "Yeah, I guess the Halo generation needs their explosions". But in retrospect (and after playing Fallout: New Vegas) it feels as if Bethesda managed to make the explosions a part of the gameplay.. in a good way.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Moved on to Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Definitely the best action game series I've played. Controls are fluid, enemies are deadly and combat is awesome.

I wish they would remake the NES Ninja Gaidens using this engine. Give the story some new depth, better characterizations, make Ryu more human with his relationship with Irene, instead of the ruthless killing murder machine he is now. I would buy it in an instant.

Instead they're making a prequel to the current series. I hope Ryu doesn't go all emo.

I've been playing Call of Duty : Black Ops, or rather watching it and pressing a few buttons now and then, I'll admit it's an exhilarating game with fantastic set pieces (firing an RPG at a Russian rocket mid launch ffs) but holy hell the ultra-macho dumbf**kery and rape of history is hard to take.

Apparently there's a scene where you get to torture a prisoner by ramming a shard of broken glass in his mouth, gotta wonder how many kids are playing this. :p

I've been switching between Dragon Age, New Vegas, and Fable 3, with more focus on New Vegas and Fable 3. Its a shame Obsidian had to use the same engine as FO3. It looked dated in Oblivion.

On the Fable side, Peter Molyneux needs to stop buying into his own hype. Its a decent game but not nearly as good as Fable 2, mostly due to overdesigning the interface and the lack of the fantastic score Fable 2 had.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It looked dated in Oblivion.

BS.

It had some of the best graphics available in a game at the time.

ob04B.jpg

It's a game from 2006 and it still looks good today.

Even Morrowind still looks pretty good to me. The threshold was probably around that '02/'03 crop of games when 3D was mature enough to kill sprites for good. I played Broken Sword 3 for the first time (so no nostalgia element) in the last year and it didn't feel jarring at all. For shooters you can probably move the mark back a couple years, action games like Unreal Tournament and Max Payne fit that generation and the nature of the gameplay hides 3D's shortcomings a bit more. Playing a mid/late '90s 3D game for the first time would be more jarring than doing the same for even an early 90s 2D game though - titles like Tomb Raider, Quake, even up to Ultima 9 are probably past the breaking point now personally.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Im still playing Codemasters F1 2010

f1_2010_codemasters-6.jpg

And in my game, the world championship will NOT be won by some jerry fizzy drink company :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

^ hmm, that picture made me wonder if you can apply a kind of guided evolution, when looking at the development of car design. As different companies all choose the same "final" configuration - or it could mean that car companies are effectively sheep..

Fortune favors the bald.

I think it has more to do with the gigantic amount of rules for how a car can look. I mean, you're allowed a certain amount of square centimetres of wing space, for example..

Not so much sheep, as slaves. Gladiators if you will. It's no use demanding a biffer spear if the rules say you have to fight with spears of a certain size. More importantly, no one can simply invent a gun and use that.

They should have freestyle racing. Combined with target shooting at 4K ranges. And part of the course should be across a volcano.

EDITL and then at the end of each race the various teams have to have a fight in a jungle caldera. In a rain storm.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Did Point Lookout last night, main quest and one sidequest. Improvement over the first two DLCs in being an open world concept. Main quest was brilliant in acts 2 and 3. Act 1 was awful. I find it funny that they couldn't even find a way to shoehorn the mutated hillbillies into the main quest. I find it funny because I find them an awful concept and like to think that nobody could figure out a way to actually involve them in anything.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think it has more to do with the gigantic amount of rules for how a car can look. I mean, you're allowed a certain amount of square centimetres of wing space, for example..

And also that you have to copy the other teams design if they've found something super-effective or you'll be dead in the water. But I still dont think they look that similar, there's alot of difference between the Mercedez and the Sauber for instance.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Did Point Lookout last night, main quest and one sidequest. Improvement over the first two DLCs in being an open world concept. Main quest was brilliant in acts 2 and 3. Act 1 was awful. I find it funny that they couldn't even find a way to shoehorn the mutated hillbillies into the main quest. I find it funny because I find them an awful concept and like to think that nobody could figure out a way to actually involve them in anything.

Play some more.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Do you wish to imply that one of the sidequests does indeed involve the hillbillies? That sounds more like a reason to play less.

That brain surgery part was pure brilliance. Plus the exploding mansion & the espionage sidequest.

Mothership Zeta is worth it as well, just for the Death Star-like explosion at the end that seems to take forever.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Why can't I put on my helmet? What's going on here?

*Goes into third person.*

Wot

Oblivion only looks good in screenshots. And even then you have to hope there isn't any character model on the screen, especially if it's showing Bethesda's poor attempt at a human face.

Fallout looks bad in screenshots *and* ingame. I blame the brown.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

FO3/FNV looks fine, if you hold it up against other games, IMO. No worse than Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Arcania...Oblivion was pretty nice to look at and walk around in except when any living things got involved.

I think the last time an RPG wowed with its visuals was... hrm.... mm.... some bits of MOTB, and... yeah, 2D era. :/

FO3/FNV looks fine, if you hold it up against other games, IMO. No worse than Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Arcania...Oblivion was pretty nice to look at and walk around in except when any living things got involved.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there - I think the Mass Effect series looks a lot better than Fallout games.. Especially in concern to characters.

mass-effect-2-20091201104322935.jpg

fallout-new-vegas-20100610104600235.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.