Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

If the first DLC might be Area 51, like everyone is singing their "want to have"-mantra, imo it can stay exclusive xbawgs forever. :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm still choking down the shame of letting myself get spoilered by a jerk on another forum, it lifts my spirits to see all the good reviews though, I hope when I finally get the game I'll be able to get over it.

Congrats to Obsidian, looks like this is one of your defining moments :(

A question:

A friend of mine has this game ordered for the Xbox and he doesn't plan on opening an internet account just because of this, so the question goes: Is it possible to download the Xbox patches and burn them to a DVD via a PC and then manually install them from the said DVD?

Answers very much appreciated (as I don't have a faintest clue how things on the box work).

The IGN UK review sounds really promising. :(

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

A question:

A friend of mine has this game ordered for the Xbox and he doesn't plan on opening an internet account just because of this, so the question goes: Is it possible to download the Xbox patches and burn them to a DVD via a PC and then manually install them from the said DVD?

Answers very much appreciated (as I don't have a faintest clue how things on the box work).

Pretty sure that won't be possible.

I didn't know you needed internet to activate games for consoles. I mean there are so many other options, they could even make their own cartridges.

I guess it's all part of a business strategy though, force them online and you automatically have a gazillion new potential users of your online store, or whatever Xbox calls it.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

A question:

Pretty sure that won't be possible.

Thanks.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Can't say I blame the guy in the comments on RPS. Obsidian, Obsidian never changes.

Well, expect the article is a little suspect. The things listened nearly all happened in FO3 too.

Edited by C2B

Most of the stuff was in Fallout 3. Not that it is less annoying now.. but it already has been in Fallout 3. So blaming NV for this now, but ignoring it in F3 back then, seems very idiotic to me.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm ****ing happy that the game by OBSIDIAN finally gets scores it deserves (well probably, I will play it on friday).

9/10 from that Destructoid guy it's really something, he gave Alpha Protocol 2/10.

Not really, 2/10 for AP showed what a BS artist he is, so anything from him is meaningless. Still though nice to see the reception is good, albeit maybe some of it is residual shine from FO3 on the reviewers. Guess this is worth a purchase.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A question:

Like WDeranged already said, that's not possible. But nothing is stopping your friend from taking his X360 to someone who has internet and downloading patches there. Only thing he has to do is make a new profile for internet.

I didn't know you needed internet to activate games for consoles. I mean there are so many other options, they could even make their own cartridges.

I guess it's all part of a business strategy though, force them online and you automatically have a gazillion new potential users of your online store, or whatever Xbox calls it.

Huh? If you meant Undecaf, he was talking about patches, not activating games. As far as I know, there isn't a console game that requires any kind of activation.

Wow, the german translation.. it's ... it's so horrible. I just saw the test video from the GameStar. They translated proper names... "Jet" is now "Rocket" (Rakete), powder ganger are pulverbanditen, etc... it's so horrible. How can this **** even happen? Why nobody checks out how stuff was translated in the old games? God damn. I can't believe this bull****.

Good that I will not play the german version. But still.. this lack of research... ew, I can rage about it all day long.

Edited by Lexx