What are you playing now

Gorth

I gave Mass Effect 2 Hardcore a shot. That first batch of mechs on the first colony mission are brutal. The YMIR at the end wasn't nearly so bad.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I gave Mass Effect 2 Hardcore a shot. That first batch of mechs on the first colony mission are brutal. The YMIR at the end wasn't nearly so bad.

Horizon and the Collector Ship on Insanity redefined my concept of brutal. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Horizon and the Collector Ship on Insanity redefined my concept of brutal. :no:

Horizon is ridiculous on normal unless you've played and beaten it before. Playing it on higher levels is simply crazy.

Horizon is ridiculous on normal unless you've played and beaten it before.

I must be better in ME2 than I thought. :no:

It's a difficulty bump for sure, I'll give you that.

I ended up just looking up those side missions on the wiki. And then abandoned it halfway since there's no experience to get (level 30) and they're not that interesting as standalones.

Horizon and the Collector Ship on Insanity redefined my concept of brutal. :p

Horizon is ridiculous on normal unless you've played and beaten it before. Playing it on higher levels is simply crazy.

I ended up cheesing my way past Horizon every time. The enemies in that area are partially visible from the doorway. A sniper or the collector laser beam makes that fight a lot easier before it even begins.

Oddly enough, I didn't have any problems at all with the Collector Ship though.

Area Throw's got to be great. I remember doing it on Veteran with just Heavy Throw. Never had to fire a shot at husks.

How the **** do you kill Praetorians on Insanity??

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Area Throw's got to be great. I remember doing it on Veteran with just Heavy Throw. Never had to fire a shot at husks.

It's amazing. I've hit a dozen husks off the map with it. You just need to try to get them to cluster up a little bit, remove the shields and BAM! Husks go flying in all directions.

As quickly as possible. My preference is either nuke gun or collector beam. I used heavy weapons for all of maybe 3 fights in the game so I was usually good to go on ammo when I ran into a Praetorian, with the exception of the first one on Horizon. That one has enough cover around that you should be able to just slowly (ever so slowly...) whittle it down.

Nuke gun won't kill it, but it does severely damage it. Take out as much of it's barrier as you can before it get's too close for the nuke and then let loose with the heavy weapon.

On the derelict reaper I had only problems with the Scions actually. There were two instances where it was hard to find cover, and on insanity their biotic attacks one-shot Shepard.

Which scions? I don't recall having much trouble with the scions on the reaper as there was usually a lot of space in which to back up in while you keep firing on them. The only one I can think of is the first one in the second area as the Husks provide cover for it to get closer to you.

Also, aren't Scions 2 shots for Shepard even on insanity? One to take down your shields, and another to take down your health? I don't recall ever being one shotted by them before.

Focus fire, warp (best attack in the game against armoured opponents), reave, incendiary, incendiary grenades, armour piercing, incendiary and warp ammo, sniper rifles, hand cannons and assault rifles. Keep as much distance as you can. If you can keep him at a long range then it might be best to take out the collectors first and keep running and gunning until you grind him down. If he gets close and traps you then pull out all the stops, focus on him and make sure he dies asap. You might also want to spread out your squad if possible.

On the derelict reaper I had only problems with the Scions actually. There were two instances where it was hard to find cover, and on insanity their biotic attacks one-shot Shepard.

Which scions? I don't recall having much trouble with the scions on the reaper as there was usually a lot of space in which to back up in while you keep firing on them. The only one I can think of is the first one in the second area as the Husks provide cover for it to get closer to you.

Also, aren't Scions 2 shots for Shepard even on insanity? One to take down your shields, and another to take down your health? I don't recall ever being one shotted by them before.

It might depend on your class, level, invested skills and how upgraded you are, there are lots of variables.

How do people deal with the derelict reaper on Insanity?

Revenant + inferno ammo + GSB (against scions).

Praetorians are a lot like tanks, they need infantry support to be deadly. If you can kill the husks/collectors that they have with them, it's easy to outmaneuvre them, even on insanity. Party composition is of course vital, too, Miranda is extremely useful on all difficulty levels, but her Warp and Overload are vital on insanity.

I can't for the death of me remember who else I had on the collector ship with the Soldier (see, closet neanderthal here) I've use for insanity runs in both games. Probably Zaeed, he has high dps and a decent anti-armor power. Could've been Grunt too. Have to see if I have a suitable save left over.

Derelict Reaper is hard(ish), but nowhere as bad the collector ship and Horizon - well, unless you are an Adept, I guess, and there's tactics for even that, as pointed out above. :brows:

Halo: Reach on Heroic. It's brutal sometimes. I'm at one point where there seems to be two SuperBrutes (whatever they're called, the kind that have shields). One has a gravity hammer, one has a plasma canon. The plasma canon guy will one shot you. While your back is turned. Without paying attention to anyone else. I've died at least 6 times to green explosions out of nowhere.

Their AI isn't bad. They'll prioritize you (you are the biggest threat, after all), they'll retreat if you drop their shields, and keep moving and find cover if you're sniping. That's about as complicated as it gets though. Note that friendlies are still dumb as rocks, though.

Apparently some of the unlockables are tied to Halo Waypoint. Which tracks and ranks you based on your Halo achievements. Maybe I should get around to completing the Halo Wars campaign. Odd phenomenon, not playing games you helped make.

Edited by Tale

So I beat Heroic. Don't know if anyone here is at all interested in playing Reach, but hit me up if you want to play anything from co-op to competitive. I'll probably whore achievements for a while so I can dress up my Spartan and make him pretty.

I really like how the armor pieces and coloring scheme you set up for your Spartan show up both in single player and multiplayer. It's an FPS with single player vanity customization!

Edited by Tale

Working in a few hours of Civ IV play around the rest of life... Thought I'd work at it before the new Civ comes out...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."