Dragon Age 2

CoM_Solaufein

I watched the rogue gameplay video and saw some guy somersaulting and blinking in and out of existence. Is that also all part of the exaggerated part?

It's all part of the 'rogues will be different' -> 'sees video' -> 'they play exactly like warriors' part.

Does "play like warriors" simply include "they use martial weapons in combat?"

The guy basically was playing the same as a warrior would be played, charging the enemies ahead and going all melee. No different tactics were involved. He did use a stun or two but the difference wasn't impressive and certainly the gameplay didn't feel like he was playing a badass ninja as Bioware tried to imply.

What would be nice is making all warrior & rogue skills mana based and not endurance based, like in any other action RPG.

In DA:O, a sword&board warrior could shield bash once or twice and then had to wait half an hour for the endurance bar to slowly regenerate, while the mage was kicking everybody's ass. Two-handed warrior did better with skills, but attacked too slowly to be of any use in combat.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

In DA:O, a sword&board warrior could shield bash once or twice and then had to wait half an hour for the endurance bar to slowly regenerate, while the mage was kicking everybody's ass. Two-handed warrior did better with skills, but attacked too slowly to be of any use in combat.

That, or simply introduce higher level mushrooms. Mana restore potions had several levels of potency while the of poor mushroom there was only one basic model. But point taken, this would just make the two mechanics functionally identical and therefore redundant.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The guy basically was playing the same as a warrior would be played, charging the enemies ahead and going all melee. No different tactics were involved. He did use a stun or two but the difference wasn't impressive and certainly the gameplay didn't feel like he was playing a badass ninja as Bioware tried to imply.

What different tactics would you like to see in a game that is predominantly action based for two classes that are both equipped with melee weapons?

What would be nice is making all warrior & rogue skills mana based and not endurance based, like in any other action RPG.

Could you explain to me what the difference is, apart from the color of the bar?

I mean, I don't think I ran out of endurance that often during DAO (since I was paying attention to stuff like fatigue etc.), and by Awakening and the latter DLCs I already had access to the stamina potions they'd neglected to put in the original game...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

What different tactics would you like to see in a game that is predominantly action based for two classes that are both equipped with melee weapons?

World of Warcraft. Deathknight vs dw rogue vs sword and board warrior feel completely different.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The rogue gameplay looked an awful lot like the rogue in Demon Stone. But in that game one had to find shadows to be able to stealth kill, rather than use an invisibility spell.

Wow, DS was one of the worst games I have ever played. The only good thing with the game was how the rogue played and I wouldn't mind seeing something like that in a roleplaying game. Rogues actually using shadows etc.

So, what's new? I've been sort of drifting in and out of this thread. Does the game still suck or has some awesomeness descended from the Bio-Dome and saved it?

When it is all said and done, it will probably be remarkably similar to the original. Take that as you will.

If you liked DA1, you will likely like DA2.

If you loathed DA1, you will likely loathe DA2.

Formal fallacy, affirming the consequent

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Internet fallacy - the tendency to view all conversations as rhetorical pissing matches.

;)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

That wasn't a fallacy, he wasn't implying that the latter logically followed from the former. It was just a statement.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

World of Warcraft. Deathknight vs dw rogue vs sword and board warrior feel completely different.

So, what's new? I've been sort of drifting in and out of this thread. Does the game still suck or has some awesomeness descended from the Bio-Dome and saved it?

Off topic perhaps, but I played WoW for about a year with the director of Bio-Dome.

Yeah....

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

That wasn't a fallacy, he wasn't implying that the latter logically followed from the former. It was just a statement.

It was a fallacy because it assumes that DA1=DA2 which is not true.

village_idiot.gif

Could you explain to me what the difference is, apart from the color of the bar?

I mean, I don't think I ran out of endurance that often during DAO (since I was paying attention to stuff like fatigue etc.), and by Awakening and the latter DLCs I already had access to the stamina potions they'd neglected to put in the original game...

I don't have Awakening so didn't know about that.

I didn't have problems with fatigue as a two-handed warrior in the dragonscale armour, but as a sword&board in dragonbone with shield wall & precise striking activated I could only use two or three skills before being reduced to auto-attack.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

"It was a fallacy because it assumes that DA1=DA2 which is not true."

Your statement is a mega fallacy because it makes wrong assumptions about what that post was stating. Sad, really. :(

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No, he used the term likely.

No, he used the term likely.

Likely still assumes similitude which DA2 has none to DA1 and that is the reason which has alienated most of us away from it.

village_idiot.gif