Dragon Age 2

Yeah but you don't think that KOTOR has Fedex quests :(

Name some then.

I have a feeling there isn't a point because you'd just rationalize that it's not. Since you already have done just this. In spite not playing the game in years Kashyyyk has a handful of them. Go get the blade. Go down and find my friends down below in the underlands (or whatever). Go retrieve the evidence to prove that some wookiee is evil. Etc.

Aside from controls, KOTOR and Mass Effect are remarkably similar games too.

Edited by Thorton_AP

How can one claim that a game built on D20 is similar to a TPS?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

How can one claim that a game built on D20 is similar to a TPS?

When the lens you look through is blurry enough. Of course, a lot of the "all bio games are the same" involves intentionally blurring said lens.

But OT. So far not seeing much that will make me go grab DA2. It wouldn't be a first for me, I only got Jade Empire and ME when they were in the End-of-Life sale. In the case of ME, i regretted it, though. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"If only there were more people like you on the Internet Volly. It might actually be a decent place."

THE HORROR, THE HORROR, IT BURNS, IT BURNS!

As for the whole 'KOTOR has no fetch quests' nonsense that is squashed by just mentioning the main quest which involves searching out for 4 star maps which BIO stole from NWN (LOLZ, stoelf rom their own game). You can't get a much bigger fecth quest than that. LMFAO

KOTOR has no fetch quests.

HAHAHAA

That's as bad as people claiming ME2 is a FPS or DA is a MMO.

L0L0L0L0LLIP0P

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah but you don't think that KOTOR has Fedex quests :)

Name some then.

I wonder what's your definition for the FedEx quest, as KotOR seem to be full of 'em.

Let's take for example the getting into Undercity. That place is not optional nor you have a chance to kill the (sole) guard at the elevator. Nor use jedi mind trick or bribery. You have to give him papers. You get the papers when you trade your Sith Armor (again, not optional item) for 'em.

FedEx quest.

Get certain item.

Bring item to location x.

Notice how your optional methoids for advancement are not available. In this case you've delt with countless of ruffians, sith, jedi, robots, ruled the Sith ect ect. But yet somehow you can't beat a single guard at the elevator. You have to bring him Mcguffin. That's a FedEx quest and CRPGs, both new and old are full of 'em.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

As for the whole 'KOTOR has no fetch quests' nonsense that is squashed by just mentioning the main quest which involves searching out for 4 star maps which BIO stole from NWN (LOLZ, stoelf rom their own game). You can't get a much bigger fecth quest than that. LMFAO

Ice burn!

However, the "gather the X number of fragments of the Mac Guffin" thing is as old as time itself.

Look, there's ever a trope for that.

Edited by Purkake

Yeah, but BIO really starting using it for mainq uests with NWN's OC and followed it directly with KOTOR. Of coruse, obsidian had the common sense to use it in ME2 as well. At least ME2, and DA are a little sneakier about it, and it doesn't do it in ME1. Neither SOU and HOTU have it that bad though.

KOTOR is a rip off of NWN OC. NWN > KOTOR

nwn oc was the best rpg ever. all the character depth of torment, the charm of fallout, and the best darn combat ever seen in a 2 man party game.

truly a titan amongst crpgs.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Name some then.

I wonder what's your definition for the FedEx quest, as KotOR seem to be full of 'em.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but FedEx is the "collect 20 shining bear asses" kind of quest, while your example is a Fetch quest.

Name some then.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but FedEx is the "collect 20 shining bear asses" kind of quest, while your example is a Fetch quest.

A fedex quest is defined as 'bring object a to location b' type quests. Hence the term... its a delivery quest not collection quest.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

nwn oc was the best rpg ever. all the character depth of torment, the charm of fallout, and the best darn combat ever seen in a 2 man party game.

truly a titan amongst crpgs.

Please tell me that's sarcasm...

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

you never know.... :)

edit: i should hope the 2 man "party" comment would be sufficiently illuminating of the seriousness of my statement.

a 2 man party D&D game.

D&D party.

2 man.

man.

party.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

You're wrong in this case. "Collect 20 shining bear asses" are grind quests. Developers can make it even grindier for making "shining bear ass" drop rate for something like 1 out of 20. Thus you have to kill on average 400 bears to complite the quest. Notice that if quest giver then say "Now take this wagon full of shining bear asses to local butcher", it'll become FedEx quest.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

"Kotor pwns NWN. Not saying NWN is bad because it isn't, but Kotor makes NWN look like the garbage can needs it. "

No.

"nwn oc was the best rpg ever. all the character depth of torment, the charm of fallout, and the best darn combat ever seen in a 2 man party game.

truly a titan amongst crpgs."

Sarcasm doesn't change the fact that NWN > KOTOR.

"a 2 man party D&D game."

And? 2 man parties in D&D are as old as the game is? In fact, 2 man party campaigns have been some of the most fun i've had playing D&D. *shrug*

Yeah but you don't think that KOTOR has Fedex quests :p

Name some then.

I'd refer to that as a "collection" quest. FedEx is about delivering an item (or MacGuffin if you will) somewhere. You may be given the item directly, or you have to go out and get it.

A "collection" quest is basically a split FedEx quest.

I have to say I kind of give up on Bioware. I'm just not interested in Dragon Effect II. Good luck with that and all, I'll just read the LP threads on it.

There are SO many ways they could have expanded upon this universe and just ignored it, to make yet another Action Game. Alas poor Bioware, I knew you well....