Dragon Age 2

All I've gathered from the articles that have been released so far is that DA2 will be worse than DA:O. Seeing as DA:O was pretty bad to begin with, I'm not too excited.

I think I'll pass on this one.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

All I've gathered from the articles that have been released so far is that DA2 will be worse than DA:O. Seeing as DA:O was pretty bad to begin with, I'm not too excited.

If you thought DA:O was bad to begin with, why would there even be a possibility of you liking DA2? Same company, same team working on it ...

I mean, I would have figured it wouldn't even need saying that you'd pass on the sequel to a game you didn't think was good to begin with.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If you thought DA:O was bad to begin with, why would there even be a possibility of you liking DA2? Same company, same team working on it ...

I mean, I would have figured it wouldn't even need saying that you'd pass on the sequel to a game you didn't think was good to begin with.

But it gave him the opportunity for a dramatic [exit stage left]!! :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah. no doubt. He'll probably buy DA2 anwyays and trash it just because. I like those type of internetz people.

I just decided, inspired by Tigranes, that I could save myself forty quid by playing IWD instead. And have more fun.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Confidence would be they'd try to make a quality game, has nothing to do with hardcore.

People were complaining about Bio's "decline" before ME2 and DAO came out, and what happened? Everybody played it and liked it.

Not everybody, I didn't like DAO and never got ME2 (the demo was awful btw).

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Quality and personal opinions are two quite different things.

Bioware aren't making games for you, they're making them for a large group of people who enjoyed the previous ones.

I'd cut my losses and look for other companies' games at this point.

Edited by Purkake

i think bioware is on a huge incline not decline...

neverwinter nights and jade empire kinda sucked, kotor was pretty good, mass effect was pretty good, dragon age was very good, and mass effect 2 was great,

of course, when you put baldurs gate in the mix then biowares quality looks like a roller coaster ride... which means we're headed for another dip...

so by my awesome math dragon age 2 and mass effect 3 will suck

bioware is now on a huge decline!!

(see what i did, i did it good)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Well someone else is working on a new iteration of Neverwinter (using the 4th edition DnD ruleset) but as a co-op online thing rather then either a single-player or as an mmo... but I forgot where I saw the news article and interview on it right at the moment..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

People were complaining about Bio's "decline" before ME2 and DAO came out, and what happened? Everybody played it and liked it.

To be fair, those were the first two games I've particularly liked since Throne of Bhaal. KOTOR was good, too.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I liked Hordes of Underdark. it was short and had that Planescape: Torment vibe to it. oh and you had the option not to fight the final boss, gets brownie points

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yeah but you don't think that KOTOR has Fedex quests :-

Name some then.

Quality and personal opinions are two quite different things.

Bioware aren't making games for you, they're making them for a large group of people who enjoyed the previous ones.

I'd cut my losses and look for other companies' games at this point.

All value judgments are subjective, my opinion is that Bio games have tremendously declined in quality. I have cut my losses and not planning to buy any more Bio games. But yes, I'm still going to post in this thread whenever I feel like it.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

oh snap i forgot about hordes of underdark, that game was actually pretty good. WAY better than vanilla NwN

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.