Dragon Age 2

In that interview Mike Laidlaw says that you find out that the country is on the brink of war, and we find out what choices your character made to get there.

So, whatever choices you make at the end the country is at the brink of war. QED, Bioware's concept of choice.

It worked for Alpha Protocol.

But hey, if "I know a part of the ending" is equivalent to "there's no choice in the game at all" then that's your perogative.

Maybe you've had your blinders on for a while now, but you do realize that in every BioWare game (and arguably any game), any choices you get to make are just the ones that the designers let you make.

Stop being so smug, look at what I said in context as opposed to scoring points.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Top down view may indeed be cut for 'performance issues'

:x

(also a lot of other infos from a GameStar preview)

Don't mind me, just seething in rage behind a keyboard.

In name only!

I see talk of choice. In my mind, the important part of choice is including the choices your players will want to choose. How many people really wanted to tell old beardyface to piss off when he stabbed Jory? Not cool, dude. Not cool at all.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

am not bothered by horned q. if the bio folks thinks q looks kewler with horns, then horns it is. one o' the complaints we heard regarding da were regarding the lack o' differentiation 'mongst character race models. dwarves, for example, were denigrated as distorted human models. if bio wants to make deathclaws furry, then we expect that we will get some explanation 'bout how deathclaws has always been furry and we simply did not realize/notice. doesn't seem like a major change, and it sure as heck ain't worthy o' being considered a major improvement. nevertheless, am not worried that bio added horns to some/all q anymore than we were disturbed by furry deathclaws.

as for the removal o' the top-down pov, Gromnir continues to be amazed that such a suggested "improvement" is not getting more attention. even if the info is suspect, am disturbed by the lack o' response from pc fans. no top-down view for the da2 pc version = no da2 purchase by Gromnir; this is not a negotiable point. many new da2 features/improvements appears to be little more than resource saving devices, but we would probable endure such stuff as we enjoyed da:o. recognizing all the other "improvements," lack o' top-down pov would make us wonder why bio does not rename da2 more appropriate: Mass Effect: Thedas.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Considering the rumors of removing features, what is going to be added in DA2, gameplay-wise?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Considering the rumors of removing features, what is going to be added in DA2, gameplay-wise?

actually, am not too concerned on the gameplay improvements. for instance, reducing the number o' spells and allowing for modified spells is sounding like a good thing... particularly as we recommended doing such many years ago when da were still in early development. there will, no doubt, be many gameplay improvements both noticeable and hidden. sometimes a significant gameplay improvement needs only be an alteration o' behind-the-scenes numbers crunching. if bio has a fault regarding gameplay improvements it is that they typically tries too hard to improve that which needs not be improved. bio's attempts to streamline ME2 character generation and development choices along with their desire to infuse more of a shooter "feel" to the game were improvements we coulda' done without.

Gromnir enjoys cooking. one o' the most useful skills in cooking is the ability to do nothing. so often the desire to add salt, stir pot, and/or peek in oven will only serve to futz up foods that not otherwise need futzing. biowarians developers needs to better learn when Not to stir the pot.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Personally I'm still waiting Bioware's word on the subject, but if they cut top down view, I don't see myself buying the game until it hits bargain bin price (by that time I'll have gathered enough feedback to decide wisely anyway).

Strange though, that the Bio boards aren't ablaze as one'd expect it to be if there were even the slightest rumour about this.

That said, over-the-shoulder or top-down doesn't make a difference to me, I'm more concerned whether the fighting is against the same level-scaled mobs over and over again.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

unless the game is totally different than part 1 I dont know how I could play it without top down view.... placing spells would be a nightmare....

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Personally I'm still waiting Bioware's word on the subject, but if they cut top down view, I don't see myself buying the game until it hits bargain bin price (by that time I'll have gathered enough feedback to decide wisely anyway).

Strange though, that the Bio boards aren't ablaze as one'd expect it to be if there were even the slightest rumour about this.

That said, over-the-shoulder or top-down doesn't make a difference to me, I'm more concerned whether the fighting is against the same level-scaled mobs over and over again.

That's probably because the BioBoards are full of the post-ME biofans.

CRPGs simply require isometric view, how am i gonna see Leliana surrounded by Darkspawn otherwise?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm guessing it'd be only for the console version?

How do they cut something from a version that never had it?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I actually completely loved DAO and DAA. I don't think I played a lot of it with top down, so if they remove it I'm still going to get DA2. I've also been playing since the BG1 days, but maybe I'm an oddity in that I am going to plan on getting it (as long as it's DRM isn't like the first ME) regardless.

Playing through Origins again now, and I have to say the top-down view makes a big difference. Unless Bio comes up with a better way of selecting targets or keeping your party members out of the way when you're trying to click on some loot or open a door, I say keep it.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

As I said before:if they cut the top down view, my interest in this game is quickly approaching nil. And this from someone who loved both the original game and the expansion. I even bought both Warden's Keep and Return to Ostagar because I liked the gameplay that much and I felt Bio deserved it.

But everything I've seen so far is just changing or removing the aspects that made me like the game so much.

Got to wait until official confirmation, of course. But god, if true, we are steadily seeing a picture of a completely raped DA.

Think about it. You have "every talent/spell is executed immediately", more gory death animations and the like, and the removal of the top down view - what you get is, basically, the game saying you want to control one character, you want to go around doing cool stuff on the battlefield, while the AI controlled party brings everything else down. It lets you be COOL and be IN THE ACTION, sure, but good bye to tactical party combat.

Obviously I'll turn around and say good show if it turns out not to be true, but it's not encouraging that every tidbit of info so far comes together very cohesively to paint a general picture of where they're going - they won't be markeitng 'spiritual successor of BG2' on this one. And I won't be getting it.

edit: Oh, there are positives too in that link, though, awesome! Less warrior-ish rogues, and companion interjection/involvement in some dialogues.

"But god, if true, we are steadily seeing a picture of a completely raped DA. "

Rape is forced sexual intercourse. This isn't happening here.

Anyways, top down view was the only good thing that the PC version had over the console version.

This, of course, is not to be belived until BIo confirms it.

This will effect my decision to get the PC evrsion because I wanmted to keep with the tatical aspect of the game.

"but it's not encouraging that every tidbit of info so far comes together very cohesively to paint a general picture of where they're going -"

Except, a huge aprt of what we've ehard about the game through the media has been either flat out lies or half truths. *shrug*

"companion interjection/involvement in some dialogues."

Not surprising since this was in DA1....

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It would be really hard to make DA:O worse.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Also, if the game looks like the way it does at release, including environments and new enemy designs, I just don't understand what Bioware is doing.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"