Dragon Age 2

"with an emphasis on "kewl combat"."

Meh. BIO, heck everyd eveloper ever, has always emphasizedm 'kewl combat'. This isn't new at all.. unless youa re claiming BIO promised 'unkewl combat' in DA1. l0l

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

whats strange is that a lot of people are upset at dragon age 2 being too different than one, and a lot of people are now upset that bioshock 3 is not different enough from 1 and 2.

i think its because most of us were under the impression that dragon age was going to remain a more traditional crpg franchise, and that irrational was making something totally different than bioshock.

its all about setting expectations...

^ What he said.

Different companies aim different franchises at different markets. DA:O seemed like Bio's olive branch to PC gamers: a game that played to the platform's strengths that was also, and unashamedly, a satsifying but secondary experience on console. AS I've said before, I was sceptical about DA:O after NWN (why Bio? WHY?) but happily ate crow pie once I saw Dragon Age. A classy move, IMO, from a company that lost it's classiness in the eyes of a lot of PC gamers.

OK, they're chasing the money and going for a console-feel. Not a problem. They are there to turn a profit. But wouldn't it be refreshing if they actually acknowledged that, even in veiled terms, rather than try to present the cuts / weaknesses as some sort of evolution.

I'm not buying it, as I've said previously but I love PC games. So for me this is like watching a wildlife documentary about a strange creature shedding it's skin.

sonsofgygax.JPG

"They are there to turn a profit. But wouldn't it be refreshing if they actually acknowledged that, even in veiled terms"

Actually, they have. Point blank. Repeatedly. BIO has not pretended that they want their games to sell as much as possible. That, in fact, they *have* to sell as many copies as possible to justify spending so much money, time, and effort on their games. Games like DA and ME aren't cheap to make and publishe so they have to make money.

Why cna't they strive for both financial and critical success? It's worked well for them sof ar. Let's not forget that people bashed BIO over DA, and we all know how that turned out. This board, as an exmaple, raked BIo over the coals for the DA hype and whined that BIO was turning their backs on 'BG lovers' yet those same punks went out and played DA, anyways.,

btw, BIO owes us nothing. Just because you bought DA1 does NOT mean BIO owes you DA1.5.

BIO has the right to make any game they want any way they want just as we can choose to buy or not buy. But, one thing that I've elarned is that it's usually the loudest complainers who are first in line to buy the games from the companies they complain about it so why should BIO work to please an audience that is almost assuredly gonna buy their games anyways.

Better to focus their efforts on getting new customers who don't give a crap about BIOand get some new converts - that's how you grow a business.

It's called Management 101.1 Look it up. :lol:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

B...B...But I thought they sold 1.5 mil to 2 million copies of SCII by the time of two days!?

At least people said that 1.5 million copies were sold after the first two days or so...BUT here's the odd thing...who was it quoting NPD as the source of sales for them.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged...in-july/1407776

But where did the mighty Starcraft II land? NPD doesn
Edited by greylord