What are you playing now

Gorth

I have an irrational fear of Dreamfall. The first time I installed it my graphics card blew up. The next time, my entire computer chose that moment to go kaput....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I have an irrational fear of Dreamfall. The first time I installed it my graphics card blew up. The next time, my entire computer chose that moment to go kaput....

I've had a similar problem with Invisible War, I haven't managed to get it to work on any of my computers or configurations :p

Refer to the let's play I liked above if you want a hassle-free experience.

Edited by Purkake

Well, Dreamfall was one of the games that used the evil StarForce protection... :p

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

moar League of Legends

after looking forward to finally having Gangplank as a free character to play, i am seriously underwhelmed :lol:

guess it just means i can save up points for someone else worthwhile, like Warwick

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

GO is much better than WW, it just takes patience.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I rate them about the same which is as good as the original commandos, so pretty high. i try to play them without exploiting the flaws too much as well.

edit: Desperados 2? Now that's torture. If you give the first game an 8 you can't barely give the sequel a 5 ;)

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Overlord 2 is a pretty funny game, didn't play the first though as I like doing things backwards apparently. Bit too concole though for my liking though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Overlord 2 is a pretty funny game, didn't play the first though as I like doing things backwards apparently. Bit too concole though for my liking though.

1 is the better game. Though I like lots of the features of 2, like mounts.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finally finished the BG1-2-TOB megarun a few days ago, the Longer Road mod (Irenicus redemption) made the last part a bit more interesting... sadly, BG mods are cursed by one of two things when it comes to writing: either it's utterly, utterly bollocks, or it's not bad but the writer becomes self-indulgent and every bloody conversation is a medieval treatise. This one's the latter, if you watched the characters spout their lines in real time it would have looked like a series of shakespearean monologues.

Bought & Playing Victoria 2 now, it's great. There're some kinks as usual - self-destructive factories that make for endless cycles of bankrupt capitalists, for instance - but it is very fun and I think Paradox did a good job again. Nearly done with a full 100 year game of the Netherlands where I took them up as one of the powers, maybe I'll try Korea or something next.

Finally finished the BG1-2-TOB megarun a few days ago, the Longer Road mod (Irenicus redemption) made the last part a bit more interesting... sadly, BG mods are cursed by one of two things when it comes to writing: either it's utterly, utterly bollocks, or it's not bad but the writer becomes self-indulgent and every bloody conversation is a medieval treatise. This one's the latter, if you watched the characters spout their lines in real time it would have looked like a series of shakespearean monologues

Seems to be a problem with a lot of modders. Either they're so focused on building awesome areas in toolsets and implementing scripting wizardry that the dialogue is just completely forgotten in the process. Or, it's severely overdone like you say. Few manage to get it right in my opinion.

I actually re-installed Oblivion and been playing that. It's pretty much how I remember it. pretty boring overall though some quests (notably Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild) can be pretty fun.

Installing tons of mods but it is really not a lengthy source of entertainment. It's great fun to load up a new mod, go in-game and see how it works out. But none of them elevates Oblivion as a whole to a really fun game on its own. It's just too... uninteresting and inoffensive. You'd need a mod to replace all the content in the world for it to become really fun.

Some of the mods are quite nice though. I'm trying out the Unique Landscapes mod for example and it does make the world a lot more appealing visually speaking, without breaking the tone so to speak.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0