What are you playing now

Gorth

Not what I'm playing but...one thing I like about the YouTube era is the "Lets Play" videos. Both useful when wondering if I want to buy a game & if the narrator is fun, occasionally just plain entertaining.

Not too many made by females, tho. The ones I have seen, interesting to hear the different verbal approaches vs. average male. I'm tempted to buy a mic & make some myself, but I bet it's not easy to make a watchable Let's Play vid...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not what I'm playing but...one thing I like about the YouTube era is the "Lets Play" videos. Both useful when wondering if I want to buy a game & if the narrator is fun, occasionally just plain entertaining.

Not too many made by females, tho. The ones I have seen, interesting to hear the different verbal approaches vs. average male. I'm tempted to buy a mic & make some myself, but I bet it's not easy to make a watchable Let's Play vid...

Look up helloween4545, he's good.

Oy, thanks. Scrolled down his list & 1st one I clicked on...hilarious in the first minute. Plus I love his accent. lol Definitely one of the entertaining/charismatic ones.

....in other stuff...I'm reminded today of another reason I haven't yet bought a modern console. Arthritic thumbs + controlpads. :/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If you're going to mention helloween, I'm going to have to toss in Klyka1 as well. I've also enjoyed Kikoskia and Mikelat.

What did I do wrong oh dwarfy gods? Was it the lack of armor? They had weapons, I think... They definitely had training! A single ambush crushed EVERYONE. The flood entrance was a failure due to bad timing. I think it killed more of my military than the enemy.

I guess I'll go with the standard drawbridge routine. LAAAAME

And maybe I'll get my outside area set up before the ambushes. I was halfway done!

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm enjoying the Mafia 2 demo, in short 10 minute intervals..

I have to admit, what I saw of it today impressed me.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I would be playing Two Worlds (from GoG) but the darn site won't let me download anything lately. Click on the download links and it just hangs and hangs and hangs....it's been like this for a few days - I tried re-downloading Divine Divinity too & same thing. :wowey:

Edit: Well I tried downloading from my other pc, which is using an older version of Firefox. It seems to work there. Strange. Doesn't like FF 3.6.3 maybe?

Edited by LadyCrimson

I would be playing Two Worlds (from GoG) but the darn site won't let me download anything lately. Click on the download links and it just hangs and hangs and hangs....it's been like this for a few days - I tried re-downloading Divine Divinity too & same thing. :p

Edit: Well I tried downloading from my other pc, which is using an older version of Firefox. It seems to work there. Strange. Doesn't like FF 3.6.3 maybe?

Mmh.. I didn't have problems the last time I donwloaded a game from there (Arcanum, like a week ago or so).. strange.

upgrade to 3.6.8 and it may help... If not, try to disable all of your addons in FF... That can help as well...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Got around to trying Dirt 2 and its actuallly a lot of fun! I didnt like dirt or grid, but this is quite neat. RBR is still the best rally game ever, but this aint bad.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Played a little Two Worlds last night. After being pummeled, knocked down, killed & reborn countless times, I can now finally .... kill a Young Grom without dying in 2 seconds! Yay!

...horseback riding is very awkward & I probably won't use it much, the combat is awkward feeling (to me) and yet...yet....I think I like this game. Something about it.

Got around to trying Dirt 2 and its actuallly a lot of fun! I didnt like dirt or grid, but this is quite neat. RBR is still the best rally game ever, but this aint bad.

Yes... Yes it is, isn't it. :p

I even liked the little Colin McRae tribute they put in it after you complete a certain race series. I also have high hopes for Dirt 3 (coming soon, yay!)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I even liked the little Colin McRae tribute they put in it after you complete a certain race series. I also have high hopes for Dirt 3 (coming soon, yay!)

F1 is looking amazing... The stuff I've seen to do with Dirt 3 looks great too, I get cool emails every week with updates.

The F1 game better be amazing, the crap Im forced to play in order to satisfy my formula urges is ten year old poo that makes my eyes bleed.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The F1 game better be amazing, the crap Im forced to play in order to satisfy my formula urges is ten year old poo that makes my eyes bleed.

I'm impressed by the tech they've built. I can't really say much other than I've been told by thems that enjoy such games that it is awesome.

Got around to finishing off Awakenings. It did feel a lot more.. tightly done plot then DA:O. And I'm kind of curious about how some of the other choices might have changed the endings..so there's possible replay there.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

ok here goes, pardon the long post:

I can't decide what to play, here is what I currently have on my plate (ie, I own all of these, and have yet to play them for more than a few minutes each...)

Beyond Good and Evil

Sanitarium

Zelda Twilight Princess

Psychonauts

Metro 2033

Thief Deadly Shadows

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2 + Expansion

Earthbound

Ico

Shadow Hearts: Covenant

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Super Mario Galaxy

Madworld

Mask of the Betrayer

Gothic Trilogy

Grim Fandango

The Longest Journey

No More Heroes

Valkyria Chronicles (i'm actually about 10 hours into this one but I put it down and havent picked it up again yet)

Devil May Cry 4

Okami

IL Sturmovik

Persona 4

Xcom

whew. That is the entirety of my backlog (unless you count the fact that I'm only halfway finished with both FF13 and Demon's Souls...) I have had some of these games in my backlog for over ten years. No joke.

I basically am begging for help. I need to knock some of these out... which games should I play first/most important, also, if any of them are really short (ala mirrors edge type short) then please let that influence your recommendation so I can at least make the list smaller....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Depends on what kind of fix you want. You have some awesome adventure games there, start with BG&E if you want some action gameplay with the story, or TLJ if you want a more puzzly kind. That should set you right up for Sanitarium and Grim Fandango, which are a bit less user friendly but awesome nonetheless.

I couldn't see the big deal for Okami myself due to the platform gameplay, but it is beautiful.

If you want an RPG, well, Mask of the Betrayer is awesome, but gameplay isn't so great, just decent. If you haven't played Gothic or Risen difficult curve will be high, but put time into Gothic and it will reward you.

Thief:DS is good. If you liked Thief 1 & 2, you will like it, even if it suffers from smaller levels and such.

Don't know about the rest. If you want simple picks, well, adventure - start with TLJ, RPG - MOTB, otherwise Thief.