Music

Walsingham

Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence

Not sure why it's taken me so long to decide I like Depeche Mode.

p

Because you only recently discovered you were gay o:)

LOL

Awesome. Nothing like a big surprise to help avoid stagnating in middle age. Plus that takes all teh stress off about having kids! Huzzah!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If only there were more bands like this...

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I'm currently listening to Puddle of Mud's Come Clean as I'm in a bit of a rock phase at the moment, as well as the Foo Fighter's superlative live album Skin & Bones.

In the car is some Santana, because I am that cool, and some Thirty Seconds to Mars because I'm macho enough to admit liking girly emo-rock occasionally.

sonsofgygax.JPG

http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/

New Radiohead album out this saturday! Would be beyond awesome if they managed to make an album on the same level as OK Computer and Kid A again.

Already preordered the Newspaper edition. Can't wait. Love them so much. Wouldn't mind if the album would be on par with Amnesiac and In Rainbows. :)

Well, it's not the new ARK album, but at least Tore Ostby is doing something.

The man is easily a contender for best contemporary electric guitarist, yet he plays so little. It's infuriating.

The new ARK album is supposedly still coming out, though, so I guess I have something to look forward.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I'm still bumping around to 1950s music.

CURSE YOU, OBSIDIAN!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've stumbled upon of of the most influential songs I've listened to. By that, I mean it heavily influenced the genres of music I currently listen to. It was released my senior year in high school and was a great motivational piece for when I wanted to ride my bike. The lyrics were very well thought out and poetic, yet dark. The music is melodic, haunting, precise, and brutal. The greatest part is that it was released by a local band: With Dead Hands Rising (Minneapolis, MN). If anyone's interested, here's a

Be still and dead.

You have been too sweet and so sedated.

You've kept those pins and needles for too damn long inside your organs.

I hope the worms can find you and smell your perfume before the day is done.

I visioned you with eyes of painted black and silver beauty.

Glistening.

Understanding that your never perfect.

We have put ourselves in your shoes without looking back at what you have done.

Without arms to touch the design of an angel gone horribly wrong.

Now you fall from the stars.

Leaving rays of the sunlight behind.

Now you fall from the throne.

Leaving traces of scars at the side.

No remorse to confide.

As the tourniquet slowly unwinds.

Amputate this lifeless figure.

Binded by the perfect stitches.

She was beside herself.

The urge to mend appendages has grown from a daytime hobby to a revelation.

To envision a skin of paper white catastrophes.

I pull her bandages and watch her fall to pieces.

I visioned you with eyes of painted black and silver beauty.

Glistening.

Understanding that your never perfect.

We put ourselves in your shoes without looking back at what you have done without arms to touch.

With no compassion inside you fall apart.

You fall from this waste of life.

You will fall from your own devastation.

With no compassion inside.

The mind and heart will whither.

To dust.

Resin.

Marrow.

I hope your happy this way.

Edited by AngryKidJoe

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

King of Limbs first impressions:

As I expected there's nothing really new going on here, it's exactly what you got from Radiohead & Yorke's live performances over the last couple of years - the oppressive airyness, wailing, pseudo-elec drumbeats. That's not bad, but generally I prefer it when they at least fill up their sound a bit more (probably why I liked HTTT).

Didn't really interest me until Little by Little, Lotus Flower seems nice, Codex is boring for now - it ain't no Pyramid Song.

But then I thought Kid A/Amnesiac were complete trash for a couple of years, so we'll see. Got to say Radiohead interests me less as time goes by, though, in terms of new output.

King of Limbs

I'm liking Bloom.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Heh, for the way out nostalgia hit.. I was listening to the soundtrack to the old Buck Rogers in the 25th Century show..

Very mellow.. :blink:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Maybe I am getting to old, dunno

Probably. Here's the first hint:

except rap, hip-hop

I can't accept that, I can't relate to that type of music (rap/hip-hop) rap was around and popular when I was younger but it just doesn't fit me or my life.

I think that's fair enough, tbh. I used to like it, but right now it just seems like some kind of extended sales video for sports drinks or shoes or being a total funt.

-Elwood Blues