Music

Walsingham

Just ordered my new guitar. Carvin ST300C, blueburst on flamed maple, with a pointed headstock and black hardware.

Thing is going to be sexy. Now I just have to wait 5 weeks...

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Karl Sanders - Dreaming through the Eyes of Serpents

Karl Sanders is best known for being the main force behind the death metal band Nile (excellent band) but has also released two solo albums. Saurian Meditation and Saurian Exorcisms. These are sorta ambient albums, with a darker touch to them (especially the Exorcisms). And they are bloody fantastic. Saurian Meditation is my favorite but the second is great as well.

Highly recommended.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Finally got around to picking up the um.... 34th anniversary re-release of David Bowie's Station to Station. I probably haven't given the album the credit it deserves in the past, having felt it overshadowed by the Berlin trilogy. Much better than the crappy Young Americans re-release a few years back certainly.

Anyway, listening to the bonus CDs - 2 discs from a bootleg a performance at Nassau in '76. Charmed all over again by the Thin White Duke.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Since it's now rolled into December.. I thought I'd push the correct seasonal mood and put on "A Very Scary Solstice" album by the HP Lovecraft Historical Society on in the background...

Including the classic seasonal tunes :

"Have Yourself a Scary Little Solstice"

"Freddy the Red Brained Mi-Go"

"Great Old Ones Are Coming to Town"

"Awake Ye Scary Great Old Ones"

and many others..

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm getting better at finding bands everyone else has known about for donkey's years :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

MCM - Mutually Assured Distraction

This is ****ing brainmelting prog/fusion. It's supposedly ~80% improvisation, too.

Then again, what else do you expect when you have Alex Masi, John Macaluso, and Randy Coven together in one band?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Borderlands - Bring out Your Guns

This game had a pretty good soundtrack, I think this is the best one of the lot - and playing New Vegas to it works, sort of :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Forking awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Forking awesome.

My girlfriend's 3 year old son agrees on the song's awesomeness. Destined to be a metalhead! \\m// (>.

Heja Sverige!!

Maiden has nothing on these guys.

That's because Maiden has nothing on anyone.

Heja Sverige!!

Pretty sure most of you have heard of them, but I'm late to the party.

Pretty sure most of you have heard of them, but I'm late to the party.

The Dungeons are Calling is their best album, followed by Hall of the Mountain King.

Great band, but horribly inconsistent - I really don't care for Streets or anything they did after the death of Criss Oliva. Also, they tend to have albums like Power of the Night with one or two great tracks and then a whole load of crap.

Yep, I'll have to agree with you there after hearing more of their later stuff.

Had the assorted ME & ME2 soundtracks playing in the background.

Whatever you have to say about the games themselves, the music is some good orchestral scoring..

Hit the random and ended up with the strangely jaunty E-Type's Russian Lullaby

Bizarre.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Agent Steel, **** yeah!

Isn't that the band with crazy UFO believer ?

Hit the random and ended up with the strangely jaunty E-Type's Russian Lullaby

Bizarre.

Tis a swedish singer.. what can you expect? :shifty:

But seriously, you can listen to the music and get one mood..but the moment you start watching the music videos that go with them..and they go quite... strange.