What are you playing now

Gorth

Jagged Alliance 2, finally.

After cagily scrutinizing the character generator and the merc roster for over an hour, I gave up and began shuffling my stats based solely on their social currency: "Leadership sounds rather executive; +50 to Leadership. Mechanical: Blue collar! Set it to 35. If I have any car trouble I'll call Triple-A. Medicine? No harm in another four years of education. +200 to Medicine!"

Dr. Percival Jackalmonkey III (nickname: "III") has a minor fiefdom of five absurdly cheap and barely functional mercenaries. Lousy help is the least of my difficulties, though, as I still spend most of my time trying to remember the hotkey for standing up. We'll see how it goes.

A dull boy.

Jagged Alliance 2, finally.

After cagily scrutinizing the character generator and the merc roster for over an hour, I gave up and began shuffling my stats based solely on their social currency: "Leadership sounds rather executive; +50 to Leadership. Mechanical: Blue collar! Set it to 35. If I have any car trouble I'll call Triple-A. Medicine? No harm in another four years of education. +200 to Medicine!"

Dr. Percival Jackalmonkey III (nickname: "III") has a minor fiefdom of five absurdly cheap and barely functional mercenaries. Lousy help is the least of my difficulties, though, as I still spend most of my time trying to remember the hotkey for standing up. We'll see how it goes.

this was one of the best post's i've read in weeks

2xkudostoyousir!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Normality, of all games I have. :sorcerer:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh right, I didn't actually remember that.

Anyway, good luck with the second one, it's really awesome.

IT IS.

I've only played the first three chapters, but they improved about EVERYTHING.

The gameplay is already more varied, tactical and fun than Max Payne could ever hope to be.

The graphics, and sound are really nice even today (while I had to use a patch to even HEAR sound in Max Payne :sorcerer: ).

Writing and attention to detail seem to be improved too : When you're in a situation like me you can only think in metaphors. >_<

Playing with Mona was pretty fun. Bullet time is as lame & game breaking as VATS.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Got the new computer, but can't really think of anything I'd actually want to put on it. :sorcerer:

Maybe try KOTOR2 restoration when I get windows installed, but I guess I'm in for a world of hurt with the nvidia 320m.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

...but I guess I'm in for a world of hurt with the nvidia 320m.

The 320M should be, provided you don't have the Apple version, about equal to the 9600M. You should be able to play KotOR II without too much trouble.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Oh right, I didn't actually remember that.

Anyway, good luck with the second one, it's really awesome.

IT IS.

I've only played the first three chapters, but they improved about EVERYTHING.

The gameplay is already more varied, tactical and fun than Max Payne could ever hope to be.

The graphics, and sound are really nice even today (while I had to use a patch to even HEAR sound in Max Payne :sorcerer: ).

Writing and attention to detail seem to be improved too : When you're in a situation like me you can only think in metaphors. >_<

Playing with Mona was pretty fun. Bullet time is as lame & game breaking as VATS.

You pretty much need bullet time to complete the game, it is an essential part of the gameplay. Also it was the first game to use the bullet time time mechanic AFAIK, so it was cool and fresh when it came out.

You pretty much need bullet time to complete the game, it is an essential part of the gameplay. Also it was the first game to use the bullet time time mechanic AFAIK, so it was cool and fresh when it came out.
Requiem: Avenging Angel had bullet time earlier (and I think even that game wasn't the first to have it), but apparently it wasn't bulletty or time-y enough to be noticed.

...but I guess I'm in for a world of hurt with the nvidia 320m.

The 320M should be, provided you don't have the Apple version, about equal to the 9600M. You should be able to play KotOR II without too much trouble.

It's the new "kustom" Apple version. I have no idea what it compares to, but I do have a PC version of ME2 lying around for basic benchmarking. For the use I bought this thing, even kotor2 is already something (especially if the HDMI out performs multichannel audio as it should) :sorcerer:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Requiem: Avenging Angel had bullet time earlier (and I think even that game wasn't the first to have it), but apparently it wasn't bulletty or time-y enough to be noticed.

Maybe you need to have shoot dodge as well for it to count? :sorcerer:

max payne was the game that made bullet time a cool fun thing, regardless of whether it was the first game to actually do it.

it also (i believe) coined the term "bullet time", which is still used today

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

max payne was the game that made bullet time a cool fun thing, regardless of whether it was the first game to actually do it.

it also (i believe) coined the term "bullet time", which is still used today

I believe the Matrix coined "bullet time" which was inspired by the hong kong action genre, specifically John Woo's slow motion shots.... but then Max Payne was the first game to implement it...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Damn it. Now I'm tempted to pick up Max Payne cheap from Steam just for the pulpy noir goodness.

Dangnabbit. I already picked up Ghost Master, Sid Meier's Pirates, Space Empires V, Port Royale 2, and Star Wolves earlier this week... They might be ridiculously cheap, but it does all add up.

Heh, besides, I've got too many games installed at the moment. I need to go through and start uninstalling...

I've got Civ IV + Warlords & Beyond the Sword, Vampire:Bloodlines, NWN2, Deus Ex, Fallout 3 + all DLC, DragonAge, Tropico 3, Baldur's Gate (tutu version), Alpha Centauri, Alpha Protocol, Kotor 1 & 2, ME2 and Batman Arkham Asylum...... Hell, I just spend about 10 minutes removing GTA IV, Prototype, and a couple of others from the machine....

It's kind of amazing how they build up over time.... then when you get an hour free you just slip on whatever the mood catches...

(then if you're not careful the hour free actually turns out to eat away a chunk of the night....)

I'm still playing Moo2 and Civ 4 until I get word on all these new bits of work, and I know if I can afford a new PC.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Still playing Torchlight with the amazon rogue pirate lady. I'm at the dwarven city, no idea how many floors I've got left until the final boss.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Crusader: Thy Kikngdom come. Don't bother getting it, screwed up on install(their fix being to install it manually, only take a sec but still). Then Xfire wants to install every start up. Then there is no way to change resolution(my arse it automatically adjusts to desktop resolution), you can tell when your playing 1280x1024 instead of 1920x1080. Then to top it all off, the games is bad. Poor graphics(most likely due to resolution), with poor animation and the idea that Turks hads cloaking devices to hide their armies in plain sight. :wub:

Surprising this game is bad, considering King Arthur was good. Disappointed.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

King's Bounty

Portal (began, and completed last night).

Vampire: Masquerade (the one before Bloodlines)

Psychonauts (still at the Butcher & Dad fight)

Mark of Chaos (just begun)

Myth 2 (Just begun ~again)

Homeworld (when I can get it to work)

MOTB as soon as I can (Had it for years, and never played :ermm:)

~then likely Fallout New Vegas.

Edited by Gizmo