What are you playing now

Gorth

Today I bought the Monkey Island Special Edition because everyone is saying that it's a pinnacle of adventure games, so why the hell not. Played a bit and it's quite funny so far. The new HD graphics are a reliever.

You should have pre-ordered Monkey Island 2 when you could, you could have got both games at the price of one.

You see, the funny thing is, I actually bought MI2 SE, but for some reason I got MI1 for free in addition. Why? Was this a Steam error? I only paid 9,99

Finally got NWN2, just about out of the doomed hometown (which I have to admit was pretty predictable ;))... I hate the combat. I really do. I expected something like KotOR, which seems to be a simplified version of this game's combat, that would have been fine, but eh... maybe playing as a fighter is just boring? Should I try a mage?

Oh well, I'm here for the story, I guess.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Today I bought the Monkey Island Special Edition because everyone is saying that it's a pinnacle of adventure games, so why the hell not. Played a bit and it's quite funny so far. The new HD graphics are a reliever.

The Curse of Monkey Island is the best of the series.

Finally got NWN2, just about out of the doomed hometown (which I have to admit was pretty predictable :ermm:)... I hate the combat. I really do. I expected something like KotOR, which seems to be a simplified version of this game's combat, that would have been fine, but eh... maybe playing as a fighter is just boring? Should I try a mage?

Skip NWN2 and play Mask of the Betrayer, the combat continues to suck, though.

I expected something like KotOR, which seems to be a simplified version of this game's combat, that would have been fine, but eh... maybe playing as a fighter is just boring? Should I try a mage?

Spells are more fun, but it's also difficult to stay alive as a mage in NWN2 (in my experience at least) - priest offers a good medium between the two.

Fortune favors the bald.

Playing my second game of Storm of Zehir. Now that the platform has gotten rather decent, no more games appear on it :ermm:

I wonder how well Onyx can emulate IE type games.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If you haven't played the Mysteries of Westgate module from Ossian it's well worth the money. There are also some good fan made ones from NWNvault, out of the ones I've played I'd recommend Harp & Chysanthemum and the Dark Waters series by Adam Miller (Who made the excellent Dreamcatcher series for the original NWN which was better than the Bioware campaigns imho).

I agree with you that it's a shame there were no more expansion btw. The engine is great now with all the patches and most people probably have a PC that can run the game at max settings (kudos to the art team btw), I'd have been happy to keep buying adventure packs for it.

Edited by Serrano

In my experience, NWN2 & MOTB were most fun as bard, who gets all dialogue skills + Perform and combines decent fighting & spell casting abilities.

Stop while you still can, or be in for one major disappointment.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The Curse of Monkey Island is the best of the series.

Finally got NWN2, just about out of the doomed hometown (which I have to admit was pretty predictable :sorcerer:)... I hate the combat. I really do. I expected something like KotOR, which seems to be a simplified version of this game's combat, that would have been fine, but eh... maybe playing as a fighter is just boring? Should I try a mage?

Skip NWN2 and play Mask of the Betrayer, the combat continues to suck, though.

I would but uh... I was thinking of waiting a bit before playing the next one, money being the issue here.

But I know the ending sucks, I just really need a good game to play.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I agree with you that it's a shame there were no more expansion btw. The engine is great now with all the patches and most people probably have a PC that can run the game at max settings (kudos to the art team btw), I'd have been happy to keep buying adventure packs for it.

You can thank the year long delay after the game was FINISHED for killing any future adventure pack series. Part of the reason I'm not too happy about publishers recently. They seem to be doing their best to hurt gaming.

You can thank the year long delay after the game was FINISHED for killing any future adventure pack series. Part of the reason I'm not too happy about publishers recently. They seem to be doing their best to hurt gaming.

Yeah, that was really a case of DRM killed the game/franchise, wasn't it?

Besides SoZ, playing a game of BG2 and a bit of Master of Orion 2 every now and then. Mostly just fiddling around with outrageous custom races (and checking that my archaic P4 computer can still run the old games).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Not that Atari aren't colossal jackasses for screwing over Ossian, twice, but I thought it was their legal problems over the D&D licence that stopped any more expansions, adventure packs or sequels being produced?

I doubt there would have been much interest in adventure packs even without the legal battle between Atari and Habsro, though.

I mean, if they really were that interested, they would have immediately try to pull out another, since they aren't so expensive and don't require that much development time.

Working on a playthrough of VtM:B as a Malkavian, though I'm still early on in Santa Monica. Not quite as crazy as I was led to believe, but I'd forgotten how much fun this game is. It's also making me think I should replay Planescape soon.

I've also got a game of Alpha Protocol going, but grinding through Saudi Arabia just doesn't seem that appealing. I've also ended up finishing off a game of KotOR II that got cut off by a bug with a mod. Dark Side consular/sith lord, sparing the masters.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Working on a playthrough of VtM:B as a Malkavian..... Not quite as crazy as I was led to believe, but I'd forgotten how much fun this game is.

Do you understand what exactly a Malkavian is? If you understand that pay very close attention to your dialogue. It is the most brilliant dialogue ever written for a specific class in a RPG to date.

Picked up GTA4 on steam when it was on sale.

I'm about 6 hours in and while I can appreciate the work and effort that went into building the world, I'm finding the actual game a bit on the boring side. The missions are mostly follow this person then kill them, or go pick this item up and return it somewhere. Going on wild random rampages was only fun the first few times. The available mini games (bowling, darts etc) were ok, nothing special.

I do like the majority of the characters though. I think they're well realized and Niko himself I find interesting. I'm just plowing through the story as fast as I can to see if it leads somewhere interesting.

Picked up GTA4 on steam when it was on sale.

I'm about 6 hours in and while I can appreciate the work and effort that went into building the world, I'm finding the actual game a bit on the boring side. The missions are mostly follow this person then kill them, or go pick this item up and return it somewhere. Going on wild random rampages was only fun the first few times. The available mini games (bowling, darts etc) were ok, nothing special.

I do like the majority of the characters though. I think they're well realized and Niko himself I find interesting. I'm just plowing through the story as fast as I can to see if it leads somewhere interesting.

I couldn't finish GTAIV. I kept getting around 75-80% of the way through and totally running out of steam. I was worried I'd stopped enjoying the sandbox roaming games and then picked up Saints Row 2 and had major fun.

It makes me wonder if GTAIV made themselves almost a touch too... serious? and lost some of the silly fun aspect. Although Mafia never went hte silly fun route and was a rather good game.. hmmm..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I was so close (like a few mm) to buying Disciples III when it got released today. Remembering my disappointment with HoMM, I decided to check out reviews and user feedback. Looks like a wise move. In their quest for irrelevant details, like moving onto a 3D engine, the developers seems to have forgotten the game and the fine art of campaign writing along the way. Looks like it's time to play D2 again. Maybe as the undead hordes this time :ermm:

I was so close (like a few mm) to buying Disciples III when it got released today. Remembering my disappointment with HoMM, I decided to check out reviews and user feedback. Looks like a wise move. In their quest for irrelevant details, like moving onto a 3D engine, the developers seems to have forgotten the game and the fine art of campaign writing along the way. Looks like it's time to play D2 again. Maybe as the undead hordes this time :(

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showt...t&p=1052185

:ermm:

:ermm:

Unfortunately, I don't think it would work. Timezones makes a mockery of planning and online gaming, especially with European countries :(