Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Can we haz vehicals?

VEHICLES FTW !!!

Yes, I'm serious.

I really hope they don't choose the easy way out and actually answer questions about the mechanics and the lore.

On a secound thought, if I had to choose between the two I'd choose the questions about the mechanics, the lore can wait until I play the game.

Same here. I don't want the story to be ruined just because we're curious.

It may sound weird, but that's the reason I like discussing the "potential" mechanics & plot elements / lore and not getting an actual response from the developers, especially about story. The more they throw at us right now, the less we'll have on our plate come dinner time. >_<

My work here is done. Running away now.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Maybe a buxom broad should be on there as well, now that I think about it.

Good idea. Someone should start photoshopping from here.

Clipping errors ftw.

It's most probably an unfinished model by the way, since the super mutants in those old screenshots looked almost all like the Fallout 3 one except for a couple of retextured ones (Nightkin).

I don't particularly dislike the Nightkin using a grey-ish Fallout 3 model, but I hope they rework the head as they did with the normal muties, since the difference in quality is quite noticeable. Even the same new head just retextured (grey skin and pale mad eyes) would work imho.

, and we all know that fo ain't 'posed to be funny.

little bits o' funny is fine.

Ernest Goes To Fallout? Not so much.

As for the box art?

*shrug*

Why not talk about it? It's there; we can see it; the developers don't guive us much of substance to discuss. I don't think anybody here is expecting or desiring our discussion to cause Beth to redo the box art. It's just fodder for the mill, as it were.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Jokes aside, the Bethesda Q&A is quickly turning into an 'ask-questions-about-things-we-knew-about-before'.

Meh.

Things like 'What's the size of New Vegas?' when pretty much every preview mentioned 'same size as FO3'.

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showt...t&p=1011224

I called it! I clearly saw what was obvious! (Obscure The wicked of the village reference FTW. :- )

Also, we've been through 4 NV threads since the announcement. You people talk to effin' much. :zomg:

I don't think anybody here is expecting or desiring our discussion to cause Beth to redo the box art. It's just fodder for the mill, as it were.
Hey, we(?) did it with Alpha Protocol. Everyone loved the end result. Except the Dragon Age fanboys at Gametrailers, but those don't count. :- Edited by Oner

I don't think anybody here is expecting or desiring our discussion to cause Beth to redo the box art. It's just fodder for the mill, as it were.
Hey, we(?) did it with Alpha Protocol. Everyone loved the end result. Except the Dragon Age fanboys at Gametrailers, but those don't count. :-

At a guess, I would say that change was either the results of:

A ) focus groups

b ) Segas new PR firm

c ) all of the above

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Also, we've been through 4 NV threads since the announcement. You people talk to effin' much. :zomg:

Considering our entire Fallout:NV forum is compressed into one multi-purpose thread at a time, I'd say we've been pretty low-key and reserved.

The more they throw at us right now, the less we'll have on our plate come dinner time. :-

My view exactly, near the end of Dragon Age I realised that I'd learnt practically nothing from the game that Bioware didn't give away in the years leading up to the release, thankfully Obsidian haven't spilled quite so many beans but I still know more than I'd like.

It's hard to resist the temptation to read every preview :-

I'd still like to know if the repair system has been changed.

I'm guessing not though or it would have been mentioned. Not really any need to keep it sekret.

, and we all know that fo ain't 'posed to be funny.

little bits o' funny is fine.

Ernest Goes To Fallout? Not so much.

As for the box art?

*shrug*

Why not talk about it? It's there; we can see it; the developers don't guive us much of substance to discuss. I don't think anybody here is expecting or desiring our discussion to cause Beth to redo the box art. It's just fodder for the mill, as it were.

have been down this road before. clearly some o' the hardcore fans has inexplicably missed the funny already in their beloved fallout... zoom, right over your heads. even so, we agrees that some flavors/types o' funny works better in fallout than does others.

as for the box art? keep talking 'bout it. we likes funny, so watching folks work themselves into a lather over box art and titles is something we would encourage. omg, dragon age is the worst title ever... way to go bioware. did you see the fo:nv box art? how completely generic.

box art.

*chuckle*

HA! Good Fun!

ps alternative suggested title: Fallout: The Caine Mutiny.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

lather

hmm. Do you really consider this box art discussion a lather?

Seems more like a musing. Or a pondering.

My view exactly, near the end of Dragon Age I realised that I'd learnt practically nothing from the game that Bioware didn't give away in the years leading up to the release, thankfully Obsidian haven't spilled quite so many beans but I still know more than I'd like.

It's hard to resist the temptation to read every preview :-

I'd still like to know if the repair system has been changed.

I'm guessing not though or it would have been mentioned. Not really any need to keep it sekret.

Just to be clear about my previous post, I do want to learn about & discuss game mechanics (like the companion wheel or repair system or damage threshold and the red shield etc.). I just don't want to learn anything about the game that could potentially ruin the story / plot / surprises / whatnot. And I don't want to learn about the game mechanics / gadgets that could make me go "wow" if I didn't know about them beforehand, to put it simply. Like that orbital laser thingy which is a little bit of both. And I know about it. :- I might even find it "lame" in-game now, let alone say "wow". Even seeing Tabitha for the first time would give me a good laugh, which it won't now.

I know these are simply PR things and are probably inevitable, but, you guys see what I mean, right?

I know these are simply PR things and are probably inevitable, but, you guys see what I mean, right?

Absolutely.

When I'm really looking forward to a game, I usually steer clear of any info about the game.

FO:NV is a bit different though in that I expect it will pretty much be like a FO3 expansion pack, so any surprise beyond the story will be minimal regardless. Some new armor, some new weapons, new locations (all fo which are great) but the same basic game.

Additionally, having played FO3 extensively, I know that if certain changes are made, and I find out about them it will make me look forward to the game even more (such as finding out that the repair system has been changed. Would make me very happy.)

lather

no doubt you could describe any fo issue discussed in this place as a "musing" or "pondering." wouldn't be appropriate, but you could do so.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I love new pics, even if they're just higher res versions of old ones.

I also love super mutants with face straps and less orky features:

http://www.gamersglobal.de/angetestet/fallout-new-vegas

[edit]: found on nma

Edited by Mikhailian

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

lather

no doubt you could describe any fo issue discussed in this place as a "musing" or "pondering." wouldn't be appropriate, but you could do so.

HA! Good Fun!

Probably.

I don't really think lather is appropriate either. The foaming at the mouth just isn't there. I'm not feeling it anyway.

Anywho, I don't think we actually disagree on anything. Other than maybe the inferred meaning of lather.

We've posted the same screenshots lol.

Anyway it's nice to see that at least someone cares more about the new screenshots. :(

I haven't noticed before (not that I was looking very closely) but supermutants have definitely seen some work. Not the exact same assets as we were told originally.

They still look a bit like orcs (or The Incredible Hulk, or Frankenstein, or, or... :( ) but at least they're detailed orcs now.