Deus Ex 3

Humodour

Reticle spread is a bad way to convey the RPG-ness anyway, so good riddance.

Reloading times + recoil aren't though.

I'm not that bothered with them not reintegrating skills though, since it seems that most of what skill did will be contained into augments, that will play a much more integral part in the game.

Why is it a bad way ? Accuracy is a factor in proficiency. Missed that note about no multitools, yay more minigames.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Agreed. However the loss of all skills is unfortunate(pretty sure I heard that before, but still annoying).

Well, most of the Deus Ex skills are actually being integrated into the augment system really.

They've just merged the two systems from what I understand.

I'll have to see how it works before I can say if that's a good or a bad thing though.

Reloading times + recoil aren't though.

I'm not that bothered with them not reintegrating skills though, since it seems that most of what skill did will be contained into augments, that will play a much more integral part in the game.

This was extactly the promise made in IW and it failed (We're going to replace skills with a more complex aug system and you'll never miss them!).

Yeah, right.

In order for the aug system to replace skills it needs to be pretty complex. Rehashing the biomod system from IW ain't going to cut it.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

On the code for a door being 0451...

"Yes. 0451 is an important one. That one's in our game."

And I thought I'm the only one with that code forever stuck in his head. ;)

BTW, IIRC in DX 1 JC's hand was slightly shaking (easiest to see with laser sight), I think that's what they meant by wobbly aim.

Edited by Oner

This was extactly the promise made in IW and it failed (We're going to replace skills with a more complex aug system and you'll never miss them!).

That's exactly why I say that I have to see how the system plays in the game.

For now, we don't know for sure whether it's a good or bad system.

That's exactly why I say that I have to see how the system plays in the game.

For now, we don't know for sure whether it's a good or bad system.

Since they still have xp in, it looks like it's going to be a bit more complicated than the first one. Let's face it, the DX1 skills/augs division (improved hacking/multitool/lockpick use & skills) vs. augs (silent running, machine/human invis etc.) wasn't such that they wouldn't necessarily make just as much sense the other way around. I'll wait and see what they do with this (as with just having one type of ammo for every weapon, but most DX1 guns didn't have alternatives, either) first. They seem to be doing a lot of things right, so far. Hope to get to see some in-game footage at e3.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Why is it a bad way ? Accuracy is a factor in proficiency. Missed that note about no multitools, yay more minigames.

It just never works well. It normally ends up more as an annoyance than anything else.

Well, most of the Deus Ex skills are actually being integrated into the augment system really.

They've just merged the two systems from what I understand.

I'll have to see how it works before I can say if that's a good or a bad thing though.

Yeah well, I'll just wait on that. Still it's not a deal breaker feature for me.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

ok... after reading those three eurogamer previews... im officially hyped now.

i'm a bit bummed about the removal of multitools and skills, but honestly, my favorite parts of deus ex are the level and quest designs, so if they nail those and make the game fun to play and FEEL like deus ex, well, i'll be happy enough (i still really liked bioshock even though its a shadow of its former self - systemshock2)

and seriously that cg trailer is just too awesome

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

http://kotaku.com/5560810/george-w-bush-wa...for-mass-murder

and if you don't wanna go to the link

500x_w.jpg

Yeah, that's gonna be interesting and probably will do a bit of killing for the audience in terms of future (because it automatically dates the piece).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That's not going to be in the game. It's too dated.

Reminds me of that scene in the Matrix when the double agent is negotiating the cost of giving up the resistance, he wants to forget everything and be someone famous, someone important like an actor, and agent Smith does 'that can be arranged mr. Reagan.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Interesting bit of hype generation, maybe if they age a photo of Bush they could pull it off, though I can't imagine a near 80 year old man being on the run in 2027...unless he's been modified that is.

Robobush?

Sorry, just to clarify: I was getting hyped about the interviews that funcroc posted. Very informative.

Interesting bit of hype generation, maybe if they age a photo of Bush they could pull it off, though I can't imagine a near 80 year old man being on the run in 2027...unless he's been modified that is.

Robobush?

Sorry, just to clarify: I was getting hyped about the interviews that funcroc posted. Very informative.

Yeah, I've read one interview recently that had my hopes very cautiously raised.

"You've hurt me before, Deus Ex. Don't hurt again."

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

I'm bit surprised by the screenshots and interviews, too. Some screenshots are not just eye-candies but their influences from Blade Runner (the apartment room of the protagonist and the mist effect in Shanghai full of neon) and Ghost in the Shell (I guess I saw the gun in Automated Capitalism, J.E. Sawyer) are quite obvious. As for the theme, the Renaissance - Detroit (an iconic place for American automobile industry) - Icarus concept appear interesting, somehow overshadowing the story. They may be intervening the Renaissance theme into the Sci-Fi world through the dream of the protagonist like the unicorn image in Blade Runner.

Combining augmentations and skills seem to be a good idea both to make the change clear to the players and integrity...I guess. They seem to be trying to use the modern graphics both as eye-candies and artistic tool. Also, I used to think of the ideas about how to make RPG advancement systems fit to less mythic worlds and, in Sci-Fi worlds, they find their places in cybernetics/powered suites (To my surprise, Crysis 2 seems to be going to this direction, too).

Of course, I'm staying cautious but at the moment, it is quite hard to find points out some things about which the development team is doing wrong.

Robobush?

Ah, I was referring to their use of George Bush, sorry if I crossed wires.

load "deusexmaintitle.sid", 8,1

Put on a trenchcoat and fight some conspiracies.

Get experience and level up abilities.

Will you pick rifles or computers?

Don't pick swimming because it's fairly useless.

It's a shooter and a role-playing game.

The levels are ugly and everyone looks the same.

We're not the same Ion Storm that made Daikatana.

Our games are good and they stay on schedule.

We made a sequel that no-one liked

'cos we dumbed it down too much

'cos we're thick.

Hopefully developers take time and study Alpha Protocol (as well as original DeusEx, Bloodlines and Mass Effect) and figure out what don't work in modern games. Other then that, I can barely avoid the hype. I should probably go play DeusEx2 to cool myself down.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Goddamnit, the hype is getting to me. I want this game NOW.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"