Deus Ex 3

Humodour

Why?

I mean given your experience with Dues Ex 2, don't you find yourself wishing it was a bit of a Planescape: Torment? Excellent title, self-contained, doesn't need a sequel or 3 to rape it up the bumhole. Literally.

Do you have issues or what? There's zero hard infos out there yet, so why are you blasting it already?

Oh I dunno, could it possbly have anything to do with Deus Ex 2 and the piece of arse that was or am I just crazy?

I saw the trailer for it. It has no 3 at the end. Also it seems to be a prequel to the first Deus Ex, so it is probably a reboot of the series.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

DeusEx 3 is prequel to original DeusEx. So far they've only let art director to speak up and that's a probably a good thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBifPsHprbs

Transhumanism - That seem to be the key theme. That guy in the teaser trailer look bit like Paul Denton. Personally I'd like to DeusEx game mechanics but since this is going to be on both ps3 and xbox360, that ain't gonna happen.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Maybe they will get it right this time.

You've played games long enough to know this is just wishful thinking. We all have.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Frankly, until there's more info out, there's no point in getting up in arms over the fact that someones "daring" to tread on the Deus Ex cult.

I'd rather be optimisic that it'll be a good game and see what actually happens then just say "no, it's crap" before even seeing how they're going to set it up.

It's a prequel, they're aiming to have the whole "transhumanism" aspect along with the usual conspiracy story, and there's apparently going to be some renaissance elements to the visual look of the game because that's where they feel the first ideas of transhumanism started....

Apart from that.. it's all guessing games on how it'll go.. so no point stressing, cursing, or even praising the heavens yet...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

As long as we get trench coats and don't spend the entire game shirtless like that guy.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Why?
Why not?

It's not like you are funding development. Just wait until people whose criteria you respect play the game, then make a decision. What's the worst that can happen, a game that you have no interest in?

I really don't understand this cult title consecration thing.

edit: oh, right. It's another Krezack post sponsored by Absolut.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I think that a reboot would be best because not many of today's young gamers haven't even played DE1 or DE2. Give the setting a fresh new start for today's tech and gamers. Kind of what JJ Abbrams did for Star Trek.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I'll keep this under my radar, since the devs seems to be fans of the original game, and the steampunk/cyberpunk/transhumanism touches might make this game like Bioshock was to System Shock 2: Standing ok on its own legs, but inferior to its predecessor.

At least, i haven't got any "F*** YEAH! Shoot things! RPG-elements means deciding on whether to shoot or cut stuff! Rock n' rooooooollll!"-vibes yet.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'll keep this under my radar, since the devs seems to be fans of the original game, and the steampunk/cyberpunk/transhumanism touches might make this game like Bioshock was to System Shock 2: Standing ok on its own legs, but inferior to its predecessor.

my thoughts exactly, its so unlikely to be better than deus ex, but maybe it will still be a good game that uses a lot of elements from the original.

i read somewhere that they were using the inventory system from deus ex 1... tetris ftw!! I'm expecting the game to be a fizzle though... simply because the devs don't appear to have enough experience to pull this off, but then again, i said the same thing about batman arkham asylum and that game was fantastic, so i'm gonna keep an eye on this one...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

my thoughts exactly, its so unlikely to be better than deus ex, but maybe it will still be a good game that uses a lot of elements from the original.

i read somewhere that they were using the inventory system from deus ex 1... tetris ftw!! I'm expecting the game to be a fizzle though... simply because the devs don't appear to have enough experience to pull this off, but then again, i said the same thing about batman arkham asylum and that game was fantastic, so i'm gonna keep an eye on this one...

What's the worst that can happen, a game that you have no interest in?

Exactly.

This idea that hardcore fans of whatever have that a new sequel or prequel will ruin the original is incredibly childish.

I don't get why so many people out there in internet land seem to be expecting Project Snowblind 2, a Deus Ex themed linear shooter. It's not like the gameplay featured in DX is some sort of unique gem that can't possibly be replicated. Hell, Alpha Protocol seems to be doing something similar.

The impression I get from the devs is that this is a labour of love, so I feel much better about this then I ever did during the development of IW.

Deus Ex's gameplay was pretty meh. Its strongest point was that it was very diligent in implementing a rudimentary stealth/hack/shoot solution matrix on a regular basis, but otherwise it was just your typical shooter at the time (pew pew) with some magic powers that, typically, got unbalanced near the end. There's a lot of potential for the augmentations and the like to contribute much more meaningfully to gameplay, and for more modern features to make the gameplay more sophisticated, that should be taken up (of course, it could easily become a health-regen-fest).

The setting and plot delivery, on the other hand, was a lot better. Can't comment on C&C since I got near the end then never finished it, but Deus Ex had style. The new trailer's pretty out there, Matrix + Dan Brown, so we'll have to see how it ends up.

This idea that hardcore fans of whatever have that a new sequel or prequel will ruin the original is incredibly childish.

Fascinating to see the refutation of basic human thought processes such as retroactive thinking? An excellent DX3 will redeem the franchise, and allow more spinoffs/sequels for these devs.

Deus Ex's gameplay was pretty meh.

Deus Ex was not singularly great at any one aspect of gameplay, but it was one of the best at combining a multitude of approaches, along with a very strong level design and an interesting story (for a computer gane).

To some degree, similar to Half Life, I think DX's impact has been diluted over the years as games have followed (or attempted to follow) in its footsteps with varying degrees of success.

AT the time, again much like Half Life, Deus Ex was a pretty phenomenal gaming experience.

And even to this day, I don't think there has been a Deus Ex-style game that has come close to succeeding as well as DX did.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.