Mass Effect 2 Discussion

Party AI also seems decent. Many times they automatically run & take cover without me having to hold their hands.
Well, they can also charge valiantly towards certain death on their own. But it's better than ME1.

Different squadies act in different ways depending on their personality. Miranda and

Legion

are good at staying back while Grunt and Jack both love to run forward and die.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Party AI also seems decent. Many times they automatically run & take cover without me having to hold their hands.
Well, they can also charge valiantly towards certain death on their own. But it's better than ME1.

Also, it's infinitely more stable than ME1. I haven't had a SINGLE crash, and I can't remember any bugs, either. BIO really got their act together in this respect.

I haven't had much in the way of game breaking bugs. Everything about the quick bar in my game seems to be broken. Trying to drag things up there screws up, trying to reorder them screws up and trying to remove things gave me my first Windows 7 BSOD. Most of the bugs I've run into have been things like walking on air or climbing objects that shouldn't be climbable. I ended up on top of one of the 7 foot tall plant pots in Archangel's base once when trying to use it for cover. An ally tried to use the same piece of cover and I somehow teleported on top of it and couldn't get down.

It feels kind of sloppy to me. Everything is there and it looks nice, but it does have some issues, the controls being one of my sticking points. :(

The one trouble I see... is that I'm now tempted to replay ME1 specifically to try to see what different combintions will result in changes to ME2 when I replay that... dang it. I foresee much of a social life disapearing over the near future...

Although what are the odds someones going to figure out an editor to ME save files to handle that at some point in the next couple of months.. :(

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The one trouble I see... is that I'm now tempted to replay ME1 specifically to try to see what different combintions will result in changes to ME2 when I replay that... dang it. I foresee much of a social life disapearing over the near future...

Although what are the odds someones going to figure out an editor to ME save files to handle that at some point in the next couple of months.. :shifty:

Luckily for me I replayed ME to death; every class, every option, sometimes twice and kept most of the saves. Too bad that the scars don't transfer, I had a bitching slash on my face on ME. :(

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Different squadies act in different ways depending on their personality. Miranda and

Legion

are good at staying back while Grunt and Jack both love to run forward and die.

Miranda for me has a passion for taking cover behind explosive crates. :(

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Ugh, really? Does this game really need another character?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Although what are the odds someones going to figure out an editor to ME save files to handle that at some point in the next couple of months.. ;)

This has been posted a couple times now. As long as you don't mind the names, it has over 100 saves ready to go.

Luckily for me I replayed ME to death; every class, every option, sometimes twice and kept most of the saves. Too bad that the scars don't transfer, I had a bitching slash on my face on ME. ;)

I figure when they revive Shepard they don't bother giving the scars back. Speaking of which, I wish you could perform some plastic surgery on your character during import. Sure you can modify, but it erases your imported face and you have to try and remake it from scratch, so to speak.

I noticed an error: the first time you talk to

Legion

on the Normandy, he says, "

Sovereign said... On Ilos." That was on Virmire, not Ilos.

I am now irate.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Just listened to some of it online, seems more orchestral and epic than the first one. That's a shame, first one is one of my favorite soundtracks, right after Mark Morgan's work.

I dunno, overall the score felt a bit more subdued to me during gameplay. Maybe the "epic" stuff is just forgettable (unlike the ME1 main title!) and the more driving synth combat tracks have been eliminated - much to my chagrin.

Picked up the score, will listen to it today.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I noticed an error: the first time you talk to

Legion

on the Normandy, he says, "

Sovereign said... On Ilos." That was on Virmire, not Ilos.

I am now irate.

This mistake is unforgivable, whip the loremaster! ;)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Maybe if you train really hard you'll be able to juggle forums, the job and ME2?

Bah, that's not multi-tasking.

Now having sex and gaming is multi-tasking. The trick is trying to disguise it so she doesn't get suspicious. Preferably by doing something that's she'll like...you know below the equator. So hide under the sheet, chick in one hand, DS in the other (back light is perfect to this kind of operation BTW), and for god sake make sure the volume is turned down.

EDIT: Also, where do I find

Legion

? I've been looking for this guy, but Eezo hunting keeps pulling me away.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

I actually ran into a clipping error first time on the Normandy. Shepard bumped into some ensign & somehow she got stuck mid-air into a console. It forced me to reload.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Legion

Just keep playing. Not possible to miss it.

Don't bet on it.

Your talking to the guy who went 20 hours before realizing the Normandy had an observation deck. :p

manthing2.jpg

Legion

Just keep playing. Not possible to miss it.

Don't bet on it.

Your talking to the guy who went 20 hours before realizing the Normandy had an observation deck. :p

Unlike all the other recruitment missions, it's impossible not to do the one where Legion turns up. It's storyline specific if you want to actually move forward in the game.

Blood dragon & Collector armour stinks since it's not possible to take off the helmet. Total waste of DLCs. I want to see Shepard's sneers when she's collar-grabbing & head-butting half the galaxy.

That and when you get about 1 recruitment mission into the game.. you've got access to better research that makes the N7 armor work better then the dlc. So it's not like you'll want to wear the other stuff for more then the first mission.