Mass Effect 2

Gorth

"I think EA is still turning a profit, actually. Can anyone explain all this stuff?"

I did with this: It's (supposedly) common knowledge that EA - like most major game publishers - tend to rely on a handful ofm huge sellers. For EA, this is Madden and The Sims to make their money.

"And if they didn't market those games they would sell less, which is why they do."

Proof please.

Also, we're not talking about just any advertsiing but a specific one of two lame football games. That particiualr type of advertising is not gonna make much of a difference to ME2's sales.

I seriously doubt more than a handful of people watching them saw that commerical and went 'OMFG I GOTZ TO BUY ME2 THAT GAME ROX MY SOX MUST BUY MUST BUY MUST BUY MUST BUY 8slobber* slobber* Forget football, ME2 is where it is at! OOOOOOO YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

So, you are basing you assumptions on your opinion.

I'm basing my assumptions on the fact that if advertising didn't work, they wouldn't be spending money on it. Before you ask for more proof, read up on advertising, they do actual studies to see if and how well it works. Companies don't just throw money at advertising hoping that maybe it works.

So, you are basing you assumptions on your opinion.

I'm basing my assumptions on the fact that if advertising didn't work, they wouldn't be spending money on it. Before you ask for more proof, read up on advertising, they do actual studies to see if and how well it works. Companies don't just throw money at advertising hoping that maybe it works.

Why do you waste energy on infertile soil?

Who claimed advertising didn't work? I certainly didn't.

I know how advertising works, and yes, it can be effective. But, it isn't always so.

I'm basing my assumptions ion my opinion. JUST LIKE YOU. Your opinion is that advertising 'experts' NEVER make mistakes, are always correct in how to approach marketing something, and they always had a billion more sales to every thiung they hype.

This is blatantely false. If what you thoguht is true many projects of all different stuff that were hyped/advertised big time would NOT have bombed.

If advertising 'experts' are perfect as you seem to claim they are, why does this occur?

L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't see the point of discussing money we're never gonna see.

We might as well talk about Hefner's mansion, or Lamborghini's latest car.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Who claimed advertising didn't work? I certainly didn't.

I know how advertising works, and yes, it can be effective. But, it isn't always so.

I'm basing my assumptions ion my opinion. JUST LIKE YOU. Your opinion is that advertising 'experts' NEVER make mistakes, are always correct in how to approach marketing something, and they always had a billion more sales to every thiung they hype.

This is blatantely false. If what you thoguht is true many projects of all different stuff that were hyped/advertised big time would NOT have bombed.

If advertising 'experts' are perfect as you seem to claim they are, why does this occur?

L0LZ

If you put enough experts on something the chance that they will all make a mistake will be pretty low.

And this was actually about ME2 selling more than ME.

As for why we're discussing this, Boo, I'm arguing against Volo's ridiculous claims that completely ignore reality.

Edited by Purkake

ME2 is alot more hyped that the first game, I even have this nintendo-headed friend of mine thats thinking of buying it. Which is completely out-of-character.

Miranda is hot. Has this been discussed yet?
Yes, but not enough. I'm expecting jags or Kaftan to post Miranda pr0n .gifs in a few days.

Lies. And even if it was true, that's totally not why I installed fraps yesterday. :lol:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"If you put enough experts on something the chance that they will all make a mistake will be pretty low.

And this was actually about ME2 selling more than ME.

As for why we're discussing this, Boo, I'm arguing against Volo's ridiculous claims that completely ignore reality."

Talking about facts and ignoring reality? Who cvlaimed that ME2 wouldn't sell more than ME1? I surely didn't. Are you on crack, and reading things that aren't there?

This wasn't about advterising never working, it's about a specific advterisment not having the desired effect. You know.. *gasp* advertisers are not always perfect.

Nothing has been shown that the footballtv advertisment will have a significant impact on ME2's sales to make then money spent worthwhile.

However, others have pointed out different things that will likely lead ME2 to selling more than ME1.

Tsk, tsk. You seem to be arguing against something I was never arguing. L0LZ

My order has shipped.

(I was bored this weekend and decided to splurge on release-date shipping from Amazon.)

*shakes fist* I still don't have confirmation of shipping yet. Amazon is listing my order as being prepared so I can't cancel anymore. Hopefully it was shipped out today and they just haven't updated my order yet. I can still hope!

Edit: Also, someone asked about a page back whether or not we can get rid of the Terminator look that evil Shepard has. I seem to recall it being confirmed by the devs that you can pay to have the scars and such removed.

Edited by Deraldin

Edit: Also, someone asked about a page back whether or not we can get rid of the Terminator look that evil Shepard has. I seem to recall it being confirmed by the devs that you can pay to have the scars and such removed.

Little nip and tuck, slip into tight dress and boogie all night with the other boys.

True men have scars and chew bubblegum while poking everything that moves saving the galaxy :lol:

"Why are you so hung up on the football ad? It's not like they spent all their money on that."

Why are you? That's what prompted your spam about the awesome perfection of advterising when nobody was disputing that. L0L

Little nip and tuck, slip into tight dress and boogie all night with the other boys.

Do the terminator!

o/_

_\o

Well, doing the pre-loading thingie and getting all the redeemable codes plugged in and that crap downloading. Already will be ready for tomorrow, except one thing. I need to beat ME1 for the PC to cart over the character to ME2.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Well, doing the pre-loading thingie and getting all the redeemable codes plugged in and that crap downloading. Already will be ready for tomorrow, except one thing. I need to beat ME1 for the PC to cart over the character to ME2.

This site might help. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot