Mass Effect 2

Gorth

What? Who would claim something like that? O.o

Admittedly I only played about an hour of Bioshock, but in that time I didn't see anything that made me think "Man, this so reminds me of Fallout!"

I think the main commonality is the idea of retro-future gone horribly wrong. Bioshock set it's sights a little differently (1920s in its artistic style, although the Randian philosophical stuff didn't really emerge until she formed her little cult later on), but the core is that a vision of the future that was trendy at one point in history came true and then went bad.

No F/F action.

I doubt that. I mean ME had it, DA had it, JE had it, KotOR had it... :ermm:

No F/F according to the devs, people hoped for Samara action(Asari not considered female by the devs :rolleyes: ). But the game files seem to indicate that Samara is not an option.

Not an option for the females that is.

For us guys, it's a matter of gotta shag 'em all!

Mass Effect 3 will take place 20+ years after Mass Effect 2. The entire party will be composed of Shepard's half-alien children. Each will have their own special talents based on which half-alien species they are.

EDIT:

I think the main commonality is the idea of retro-future gone horribly wrong. Bioshock set it's sights a little differently (1920s in its artistic style, although the Randian philosophical stuff didn't really emerge until she formed her little cult later on), but the core is that a vision of the future that was trendy at one point in history came true and then went bad.

Thanks. That clears things up a bit.

Edited by Deraldin

Admittedly I only played about an hour of Bioshock, but in that time I didn't see anything that made me think "Man, this so reminds me of Fallout!"

Knowing the internet, the "it's green and has valves" is more likely an explanation.

Mass Effect 3 will take place 20+ years after Mass Effect 2. The entire party will be composed of Shepard's half-alien children. Each will have their own special talents based on which half-alien species they are.

I know you are joking, but you know, they might actually go something along that route...

Shepard can supposedly die at the end of ME2 and it will be considered an (possible) official ending in ME3. Playing as Shep's son/daughter in ME3 would allow both a survivor and death ending without the added work of creating seperate dialog for Shepard/Shep's replacement. That or maybe they'll just clone Shep if he dies in ME2.

:rolleyes:

So does anyone here know for sure which save file we import: the autosave, the highest number save, or the char# save?

It's the char# save. All you have to do is run the ME2 configuration utility and point it to the folder containing your ME1 saves. It'll do the rest.

Both games had architecture heavly influenced by Art Deco. So I guess it could be that.

Boo you are no better with BG2 than Volo is with NWN. This is a farce.

He constantly follows me around like a familiar, making a point of contradicting everything I say (even when it makes no sense to do so, and even in the "way off topic" forum). I wasn't even addressing him on the post he responded to. I dunno why this fixation (perhaps he wants to do a dwarf on me [DA]), but its becoming slightly irritating, so don't jump on my back if I respond once in a while.

Always seems character growth is finding out about their tortured past :rolleyes:

A concept frankly ripped from Planescape Torment.

lol. This is almost as bad as when I saw someone claim that Bioshock ripped it's art style off from Fallout.

Have you played Torment?

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

So does anyone here know for sure which save file we import: the autosave, the highest number save, or the char# save?

It's the char# save. All you have to do is run the ME2 configuration utility and point it to the folder containing your ME1 saves. It'll do the rest.

Thanks man.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to import my Blood Dragon Armor. On the bright side, my ME2 steam pre-load is fully downloaded and ready to rock and roll. :rolleyes:

manthing2.jpg

Thanks man.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to import my Blood Dragon Armor.

http://social.bioware.com/me_user_entitlements.php

I hope you don't have to flex too many muscles for that :rolleyes:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

How good will the Blood Dragon Armour in ME 2 be? In DA:O it was pretty much the best heavy armour of the game with all the boni it provided... but it took a while before one could wear it. Does ME 2 have any requirements to be able to wear armour?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

How good will the Blood Dragon Armour in ME 2 be? In DA:O it was pretty much the best heavy armour of the game with all the boni it provided... but it took a while before one could wear it. Does ME 2 have any requirements to be able to wear armour?

http://masseffect.bioware.com/universe/arsenal/armor/

As far as I know, there's no requirements. Everybody can wear every armor.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/universe/arsenal/armor/

As far as I know, there's no requirements. Everybody can wear every armor.

Nope. Any Shepard can wear any armor. Squadmates can't use Shep-armor.

I meant any class (shepard) can wear any armor, you smart-ass :rolleyes:

I guess I should have said so.

I meant any class (shepard) can wear any armor, you smart-ass :rolleyes:

I guess I should have said so.

I figured, but considering that people can apparently get confused over anything, I thought it best to clarify.

Which is good thing since Turians kind of look like District 9 prawns.

I hope ME2 will let us swear at them in afrikaans "Gaan kak in die bos, jy fokken prawn!"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I figured, but considering that people can apparently get confused over anything, I thought it best to clarify.

Right you are, the badness was mine.

Some of the people who have acquired the game all ready, have started to spill some info about the game. Apparantly the bloody huge achievement progress pop-up can't be turned off. I hate pointless achievements :yucky:

Always seems character growth is finding out about their tortured past :yucky:

lol. This is almost as bad as when I saw someone claim that Bioshock ripped it's art style off from Fallout.

Have you played Torment?

Yes.

Always seems character growth is finding out about their tortured past :yucky:

Have you played Torment?

Yes.

Then what's not clear? Was it not true that every PC in Torment had a tortured past?

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life