FO:NV: The Return of Gameplay Mechanics Discussion

Pidesco

snip

That guy totally reminds me of this big-mouthed, brainless little (actually he was kinda big) btard that I went to school with back in the 90's.

-edit: Oh snap, It's Sawyer.

Edited by Mikhailian

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

^That has got to be a troll post.

It's me.

I'm that guy.

BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAA! :lol:

:blink:

Why did I laugh? :blink:

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I think we already knew that. :blink:

I just had an odd thought. Devs with XBox Live gamertags making XBox 360 games should have a much higher achievement score shouldn't they? :blink:

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Ooh, I just saw the trailer! Can we get back to the trailer?

I thought it was awesome, the hand in the earth looked good. My hopes seem confirmed that we're actually going to have some properly rebuilt civilisation this time, and some faction stuff, as well as a bit of wasteland.

NCR flag is good.

Good to finally see a little something. Took them long enough but it looks cool.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Maybe it's just a cheaper version, I dunno.

I want to know why that city looks so futuristic and lit up.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

looks to me like vegas didnt get hit with a bomb... even vault city was a small town compared to it and they had a geck to use.

if vegas wasnt hit then it would be a very valuable place for a burgeoning nation to possess.

fight between NCR and .... whoever has been keeping it running so far?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

How about no aliens this time?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The teaser is getting good 'reviews' from the people over at Gametrailers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/fallout-new-vegas/11183

9.3/10 average of over 2000 votes so far! That's pretty sweet.

I like it too.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'd think any population center would get hit, so LV should be properly borked.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

maybe vegas was rebuilt by an army of self replicating wall-e's

vegas perhaps avoided being nuked BECAUSE of its nearby military facilities (maybe they actually managed to take out the incoming nuke with some sort of "Star Wars" orbital laser/missile defense system or something?)

whatever the reason, they'll hopefully will find a way to make it work with the fallout 1 and 2 lore

does this take place shortly after fallout 2? that would rox my soxncox

when was fallout 3 supposed to take place in relation to fallout 2? 100 years before or something? damn DC area looked like the bomb fell only a decade ago

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Why wouldn't Vegas get hit, doesn't Nevada have like a ton of military facilities?

There's a lot of federally-owned land, but it's so empty that it's where the government was actually testing its own atomic bombs in the '40s and '50s. Nellis Air Force base is a significant outfit near Vegas, but that's the only one I know of.

Another gem from the bottom of the well of wisdom that is the Bethesda boards:

Since its taking place in vegas i hope there will be sequenced feathered pea**** dresses or something.

And elvis costumes

and show girl outfits!

what kinda outfits do you want in this game?

FINALLY, i want designer outfits. I want thigh high fashion boots. long jackets, tight leather, BLING. Handbags you can use as weapons.
finnaly someone who agrees

But i disagree with the hand bag wepon

that wouldent be verygood

maybe thigh high fashion boots with a designer sweeter and super short shorts and a fat man.

Perfect, and there's a settlement with rich folks, but unlike Tenpenny Tower...they have Style. and Gucci that their giving away for free.
oh my god yes

and you will be able to live there and become a runway star if you blow up a town because some crazy british woman(victoria beckhalm) asks you to.

well not actually victoria will. she will send anouther spice girl to wait in a bar and wait for a new person to ask to do it.

Who wouldn't love that place?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

holy crap that sequence is AMAZING.

where do these people come from??

oh snap i just realized that was probably just sawyer again...