Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

What? She's cute.

She looks like a BDSM lesbian.

I wish BDSM lesbians looked like that.

Thane - Estrogen Brigade Bait,* and the most blatant I've seen in a game in, well, ever. Also potentially EDGY AND BADASSsSSSSSSsss to compensate for the first part. I actually had to look up the character's name because I'm so 'meh' towards it. :/

Wouldn't Jacob qualify for that title more? Thane's a frog, after all.

Women are nuts. The fangirls are so into Thane, you have to wade into his threads with rubber boots and a mop. And the fan art is pretty bizzare.

WRY.jpg

I can't imagine a man talking about how much he want's to have sexy time with a fictional character and then sticking her face on a pokimon. There's also one of Thane as a kitten.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Only SuZe has been confirmed as a romance for DudeShep.

Samara and Kelly were confirmed as romances, but no one's said which way they swing. I assume Samara is bi like Liara. I don't think Tali has been 'hinted' at, though Miranda sure has been.

Samara = Both ways. Watch the Tali Trailer and then read the god knows how many Tali threads, you know she'll be one. And like the hot readheaded secretary Kelly won't be available to male sheps.

That's what you'd think. The Thane threads on bioware forums have been like a 60s Beatles concert with swooning fangirls. Or so I heard.

Understatement. Tali fans appear normal in comparison.

My opinion: I've moderated and later administrated an official band forum for almost five years now. The practical thing I've learned in this time is that geek girls will obsess over the strangest things, and the amount of 'squee' they can put out in their obsessiveness is just... amazing. Somebody's obviously read the signals right at Bioware. :-

I'm pretty sure he preformed above expectations.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

So, Miranda is basically the new Bastilla then?

Who's the replacement for Carth, since Kaiden is deado?

Miranda seems more like Morrigan in Space.

Jacob. He was the 'star' of the Mass Effect: Galaxy game. He seems incredably boring. As the developers haven't even bothered to make a trailer for him, I'd guess they feel the same.

Samara = Both ways. Watch the Tali Trailer and then read the god knows how many Tali threads, you know she'll be one. And like the hot readheaded secretary Kelly won't be available to male sheps.

I hope Samara swings both ways. I've seen the Tali trailer and read the threads, and I still say she might not be a love interest.

Thomas said Kelly was his favorite romance option. Part of me hopes that means that you can hit on her and she immedately shoots you down.

I'm pretty sure he preformed above expectations.

Part of me wonder if Thane is romancable or not. As they don't show FemShep, we can't see them interact, and there have been no articles suggesting that this is the case. The only evidence for Thane being romancable is the bajillion threads where women talk about wanting to romance him.

Previously, BioWare has said that they had no clue that Garris or Tali would appeal to people, and BioWare has horribly misjudged female interest previously. David still gets female fans who pop up to tell him how much they hated that one cleric dude from BG II.

Part of me just likes to imagine the reaction if Thane wasn't a romance option.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

From what's come out so far, it feels like Jacob represents the "bland everyman" member of the team.. the generic human "hero" aide and companion... There always has to be someone.. just to make sure the hero feels like they have serious charisma and moxy in comparison... :-

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'd like to thank Maria for saying what I was trying to say way better than I ever could have. :-

I can't imagine a man talking about how much he want's to have sexy time with a fictional character
Fixed and QFT.

I wish you were right. The guys are in some ways a lot worse. There's half of them lusting over Miranda's pixel boobs and ass (which, I have to admit, as pixel boobs and asses go, are pretty phenomenal), and the other half (the one I like to call the 'shall never know the touch of a woman' group) are bashing the character (and Yvonne Strahovski)'s looks department.

It's quite sad, really.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So women have a thing for men who look like they haven't slept in a year? Because that's what Thane looks like.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Also, Subject Zero... no. Just no.
+1

What? She's cute.
I'd rather hug a xenomorph.

[pic]

I can't imagine a man talking about how much he want's to have sexy time with a fictional character and then sticking her face on a pok

So women have a thing for men who look like they haven't slept in a year? Because that's what Thane looks like.

Yeah. I didn't get much sleep when I was a prosecutor and I've never gotten that much attention from the opposite sex. Well, also, apparently being a prosecutor combines the best parts of being a cop and a lawyer in the minds of a lot of young ladies. (And in some ways they are right, but there sure ain't nothing sexy about the job.)

There's half of them lusting over Miranda's pixel boobs and ass (which, I have to admit, as pixel boobs and asses go, are pretty phenomenal)

192280-comic_book_guy_13018_large.jpg

Yet again I am perplexed by the boundless ignorance of this forum.

The body parts in question are polygonal, as they are composed of a

series of interlinked points in three-dimensional space.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

@Kaftan: You're getting pretty good at that.

I can't imagine a man talking about how much he want's to have sexy time with a fictional character
Fixed and QFT.

You're suffering from amnesia. I distinctly recall male posters on the DA boards linking to pictures of Morrigan and speculating how her big lips might improve certain acts of physical intimacy. Not to mention creative uses for her shapechanging ability.

What? She's cute.
I'd rather hug a xenomorph.

If Samara qualified as a xenomorph, I'd agree. But I assume you're talking about the originals. Have fun with that.

Edited by Maria Caliban

@Kaftan: You're getting pretty good at that.

Not sure if he was targeting me by quoting me out of context, or himself with that. :p

Fixed and QFT.

You're suffering from amnesia. I distinctly recall male posters on the DA boards linking to pictures of Morrigan and speculating how her big lips might improve certain acts of physical intimacy. Not to mention creative uses for her shapechanging ability.

Note that in your original quote you said man, not male.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I think it will have better combat.

That wont be hard.

So its not out yet... I'm blissfully ignorant of all things gamey but it wont last.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I know the dialog will be bad, but I'm hoping for laughably bad for that extra dose of entertainment.

It will, at least, be as good as KOTOR's dialogue.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Have you seen the videos?

Jennifer Hale. Whenever I see one of the videos, that's that I say to myself "Jennifer Hale."

It's sad when I'm chanting the name of a voice actor to myself in the hopes that she makes Shepard's lines somewhat bareable.