Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

Sorry, I meant after Virmire, not sure why I wrote hours tho. :shifty:

Ah well at that point I'm fully with you. I'll just don't like how it all starts but at the end at Virmire there should be some strong evidence that should at least be looked at before dismissed. The idea of having another Asari, possibly a matriarch investigate Shepards mind occurred to me a few times as well. Then again, the council never really accepted the idea of a human spectre. It was mostly a political move I believe to cover up the fact that they messed up with Saren and give them a bone so they don't complain about getting no aid with defending their colonies.

Edited by zazei

"A couple of years later... a second human is given a chance.. the Spectre overseeing it ends up dead, and those pesky humans are saying Saren did it.. with absolutely no proof beyond their "word". And so far they're kind of known as being a bit pushy...

It would be kind of like some third-world country turning up to the USA and saying "hey, you know that dedicated soldier guy who's won the Medal of Honor more then once? He murdered someone. Oh. we don't have any proof. But we're telling you the truth guv'nor. Honest." "

Like I said, bigotry. That's the only reason why they make escuses for Saren. It's not based on facts. But, it's amde clear throughout the game, that many of the races - espicially the council races - fear humans. Plus, they loathe changes as evidenced by the fact it's been the same 3 races on the council for centuries illustrated by the frustration of the other non council races.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Like I said, bigotry. That's the only reason why they make escuses for Saren. It's not based on facts. But, it's amde clear throughout the game, that many of the races - espicially the council races - fear humans. Plus, they loathe changes as evidenced by the fact it's been the same 3 races on the council for centuries illustrated by the frustration of the other non council races.

I'm not trying to sugges that the council aren't a little brain dead and aren't a little bigoted about the whole matter.. But just the flip side is, if you've got some decorated hero who raises his hand and says "I didn't do it." and some relative unknown who potentially has an axe to grind who says "he did it"...

In absence of any real proof.. who are you going to believe more?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm not trying to sugges that the council aren't a little brain dead and aren't a little bigoted about the whole matter.. But just the flip side is, if you've got some decorated hero who raises his hand and says "I didn't do it." and some relative unknown who potentially has an axe to grind who says "he did it"...

Believing is one thing, conducting a proper investigation is another.

Believing is one thing, conducting a proper investigation is another.

I just have to say that in their defense it's not their fault C-sec, the citadel police force is pretty useless. I'm not sure if those guys can do a real investigation even if asked to. ^^

I just have to say that in their defense it's not their fault C-sec, the citadel police force is pretty useless. I'm not sure if those guys can do a real investigation even if asked to. ^^
Don't be dissin' me Garrus mate! :shifty:

The council is a funny bunch, you save their asses, they give you a position among them but apologizing? Nooooooooo.

Don't be dissin' me Garrus mate! :shifty:

The council is a funny bunch, you save their asses, they give you a position among them but apologizing? Nooooooooo.

Gibbs Rule : "Never say you're sorry. It's a sign of weakness."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

In the end, let's just say I saved the Destiny Ascension, not the council. :p

Same here. I was there to save the huge ship and not the idiots on board.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"But just the flip side is, if you've got some decorated hero who raises his hand and says "I didn't do it." and some relative unknown who potentially has an axe to grind who says "he did it"...

In absence of any real proof.. who are you going to believe more? "

Except you *do* give proof. Over, and over again. Why would Shepard have a grudge against Saren? He never met. Heck, Shepard doesn't even know the Captain's history with him.

It's bigotry 100%. It's ALL racist politics. It isn't motivated by the truth.

Heck, the Councile keeps bashing Shepard yet they still make him a Spectre which is supposedly the highest honour one can get. If they don't trust Shepard why give him that much power? Racist politics.

I mean they make Shepard a Spectre knowing full well he's gonna go around spouting his 'nonsense' about anceint evil robots, and they basically give him a blank slate to do so. Even though they think he's full of crap. The logic here is nonsensical.

I think the best explanation of the Council's "You're crazy; you're promoted" decisions is that they don't think Shep is right, but they fear that she might be. While they know that they cannot be seen publicly to formulate official policy based on the Shep's Prothean Psychic Friends Network, they can compromise and cover their ass by enabling Shep to investigate it herself with Spectre status.

Of course, that explanation is all shot to hell by their actions post-Virmire. You can almost explain that away by attributing the "you're grounded" decision to Udina and the Alliance brass (who don't have any authority over Spectres, but who happen to own the ship that Shep is using and can take it away if they want to), but the Council's speech post-Virmire doesn't totally support this interpretation.

Hopefully, ME2 won't require this level of interpretive gymnastics to make its plot make sense!

That's because they are simple, and dumb.

ME is awesome, complex, and superb.

Then again, Boo is the kinda of guy who belives a rodent is the best npc ever to be in the game so... can't take what he says too seriously.

R00fles!

Then again, Boo is the kinda of guy who belives a rodent is the best npc ever to be in the game so... can't take what he says too seriously.

R00fles!

Why do you keep saying that? He already responded and told you that was not true. Troll.

"Why do you keep saying that? He already responded and told you that was not true. Troll"

He's done it to me mutliple times. *shrugs* And, saying something isn't so when the evidence disproves what you say doesn't make it so. It's obvious he feels Boo is the best npc ever in game. Proof is in the pudding.

Don't get mad because your stalking failed. Attacking me on the forums won't change that I hurt your feelings because I don't want to be your friend.

Edited by Volourn

"Why do you keep saying that? He already responded and told you that was not true. Troll"

He's done it to me mutliple times. *shrugs* And, saying something isn't so when the evidence disproves what you say doesn't make it so. It's obvious he feels Boo is the best npc ever in game. Proof is in the pudding.

Don't get mad because your stalking failed. Attacking me on the forums won't change that I hurt your feelings because I don't want to be your friend.

I don't necessarily want to be your friend, I just want you to develop a friendship with SOMEONE. Seriously, you might as well be a bot with all the relationships you've managed to build over the years. It's not healthy.

Apparently UK PC Gamer has a review of ME2. Link to topic at Bio forums

Some highlights:

"you no longer have an inventory. its been replaced by a more abstract system, similar to a pure action game. Instead of loot drops abd containers full of equipable gear, you find technology pickups that can be researched on your ship to unlock new weapons."

"Also gone are equipment mods, replaced by castable abilities.... The miserably clunky inventory system of ME1 is no longer a problem, although the new weapon load-out and research interfaces aren't great either."

"character development(skills) has also been culled down to six or seven upgradeable skills for shepard and just four for companions. Has ME2 been dumbed down? Yeah abit, but these changes don't make it a worse game than its predecessor; it just haas some different priorities this time around,"

" The charm and intimidation skills that unlocked special conversation options in the first game have been melded into the Paragon/Renegade system, which now unlocks options based on how much of a swell guy or jerk you've been. "

" The levels are attractive, but a bit blocky and workman like. Some have inexplicable waist-high barriers that pop out of the ground when combat begins to provide cover. It's so contrived it feels like an in-joke for cover-based shooter players. "

Got 90/100

"character development(skills) has also been culled down to six or seven upgradeable skills for shepard and just four for companions. Has ME2 been dumbed down? Yeah abit, but these changes don't make it a worse game than its predecessor; it just haas some different priorities this time around,"

ImpliedFacepalm.png

Will they be saying it has other priorities when we're leading the paddle Shepard in ME3: Pong?

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Boo really loves ME. Only explaination why he keeps spamming teh topic.

Anyways, some of those changes are sad to me. That's what we get for BIO listening to Obsidian and Codex posters.

R00fles!

Will they be saying it has other priorities when we're leading the paddle Shepard in ME3: Pong?

:sorcerer:

The way I see it, is that ME never shined at RPG elements. The inventory? Pain in the ass. Character devepment? The what now? ME wasn't a good RPG, so it's better not to even try and go fully to the shooter line.

If ME2 provides fun action in nice sci-fi setting and has atleast medicore quests and characters, I guess I'm happy.