What are You playing now?

Gorth

Starcraft. >_<

Recommended by South Korea.

lol...he tried that years ago, didn't like it. It's too "complicated." He doesn't want big learning curves on options, units, builds and he doesn't like lots of dialogue trees (rpg's).

...he prefers things like Diablo's, Overlords, Tombraiders, certain shooters, and obviously, Borderlands. Not into PvP either. WoW was too "big".

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

She said easy to play.

Try Quake 3, Unreal Tournament or Age of Empires 2 if you want something more strategy-y.

Never did try Quake 3 I think...we liked the original Doom way back when.

Does Left 4 Dead have a LAN option or is it online/single-player only? He might like running around shooting zombies etc.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

lol...he tried that years ago, didn't like it. It's too "complicated." He doesn't want big learning curves on options, units, builds and he doesn't like lots of dialogue trees (rpg's).

...he prefers things like Diablo's, Overlords, Tombraiders, certain shooters, and obviously, Borderlands. Not into PvP either. WoW was too "big".

You're making him sound like some kind of retard!

Anyhow, me and my cousin had a lot of fun with Mercenaries 2 in co-op. I'd suggest you giving that a try, especially now that it must be very cheap. Only one major flaw with that game (not counting the billions of little flaws..): you have to be within half a kilometre from each other at all times. It can be annoying when you're in a helicopter and he's not.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What was the deal with Westwood's Emperor: Battle for Dune. The reviews are good, but if I recall correctly the game didn't exactly leave a mark?

It's awesome. I don't know why no one played it.

It *might* still have a small online community as well. They were still kicking a few years ago at least.

Edit: It lives!

Edited by Purkake

All Dune games out there are great. Some company should really make a Dune RPG.

I liked even the adventure game Frank Herbert's Dune, but it got blasted in reviews for some awkward design decisions, i.e. terrible controls, overly relying on stealth & having to replay from the beginning of the level upon dying. Still, it was true to the books & had some very interesting moments despite its problems.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

You're making him sound like some kind of retard!

He's definitely not a "gamer." :lol: He cracks me up when playing, god luv him.

Most of it is that he isn't a dedicated gamer (doesn't usually play much so never gets used to it) so he wants something he can just 'jump into', plus he has some mild dyslexia issues which makes him a slow, deliberate reader (hence disliking reading unless it's study-work related).

So Quake3, Gears of War, Mercenaries of War2...thanks, I'll check those out.

Nice, I recall some cool subtle touches like weather changes and lights on units... Not to mention the sandworms.

Just found out is not very playable on widescreen.... Dang.

Check out Earth 2150 too.

I finished Borderlands now. I burnt through the last parts of the game, after I found a weapon that shot 16 bullets per second.. before my shooting rate increasing skills! I have no idea how fast it became eventually, but it was so fast that the sound couldn't keep up so it just goes silent when you hold the trigger! All I had to do for the rest of the game (after I found the pistol) was to run up to every enemy in sight, put the crosshair in their face and hold down the trigger for two-three seconds. NOTHING survived that! Of course, ammunition became a bit of a problem, but I solved that by using my sniper rifle in between ammo stations.

I don't get why people were so upset about the ending. I thought it was cool.

Oh, and is there any reason to go through the game again? As I finished it, I started it up again and noticed that I could play the game again, but in something called Playthrough 2 (or something similar). Apparently I get to keep my character, but I restart all quests from the beginning. I played through the first five or so missions and the game has scaled up every enemy to approximately my level, but all I noticed about it was that everything takes even more bullets to kill now. My weapons that were so deadly at the end of Playthrough 1 now feel like peashooters again. I don't really see the point?

I may keep playing a while longer just to get those annoying "missions", but some of them feel hopeless. Like the one about chests: I've opened every chest I've found and I've been pretty thorough, but the game has me at 170. You need to open 500 to complete that mission.. Geez. At least my superfast shooting pistol has gotten me up to 80,000 bullets fired! (You need 100,000 to complete that mission).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Think the Soldier has an ammo regen class mod, that was pretty useful when my buddy and I played co-op. The boss fight wasn't as exciting as I thought it would have been, but it turned out we were over level for it. The claptrap at the end was great though, hehe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Think the Soldier has an ammo regen class mod, that was pretty useful when my buddy and I played co-op. The boss fight wasn't as exciting as I thought it would have been, but it turned out we were over level for it. The claptrap at the end was great though, hehe.

Everyone gets a mod that gives you ammo regen for at least one weapon. Soldiers also have team ammo regen which covers all weapons, for everyone in the game.

^It's a great game, but the last chapter of the game is pretty tedious... although the ending fight makes up for that a lot.

Also, there are jetski races in the game that you have to win in order to continue... it took me ages to win the last race.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Well.. since Friday evening all phone lines were down.. And so was the Internet access! :aiee: It only came back on like.. an hour ago. So four days with no net access drove me to actually finish Assassin's Creed.. and fit in another playthrough of Alpha Centauri.. ( I guess I was working the AC types...)

But I get online again and one of the first emails I see is the confirmation that my ME2 CE is in the mail.. so rahr.. that should arrive in a day or two..and I'll get to playing some of that..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

im playing street fighter 4 and that downloadable magic the gathering game on xbox live. Speaking of:

the magic the gathering game is SUPER fun, i've never played a card game (other than poker) before so this is all new to me but its really really fun to play HOWEVER: does anyone happen to know if there is a way to build your own deck (in this game or any other game)? the game has a "customize" deck option, but you cant actually change the cards in the deck... its weird.

anyway, i heard from someone that there is a game you can play where you download cards for money... that seems beyond stupid to me, if i wanted to pay for cards i'd just buy real cards not digital ones. I dont mind paying 50$ for a game, but im not buying more digital cards for it...

waiting for mass effect 2 in the mail.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Waiting for ME2 in the mail (shipped today), and giving DA:O a rest after 3 playthroughs. Checking out L4D2 and it's a blast. Pulverizing zombie waves with guitars while a rock concert pyrotechnics and light show are going off all around me will never get old. Also finally playing Borderlands. Damn Scar just pushed me backwards off a cliff. Almost had him killed too. Grr.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.