What are You playing now?

Gorth

Man.. I'd forgotten just how damn addictive Alpha Centauri was. That "just another turn" that has you emerging from a stupor 6 hours down the line...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

If our society seems more nihilistic than that of previous eras, perhaps this is simply a sign of our maturity as a sentient species. As our collective consciousness expands beyond a crucial point, we are at last ready to accept life's fundamental truth: that life's only purpose is life itself.

* Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Looking God in the Eye"

Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all?

* Sister Miriam Godwinson, "But for the Grace of God"

I shall not confront Planet as an enemy, but shall accept its mysteries as gifts to be cherished. Nor shall I crudely seek to peel the layers away like the skin from an onion. Instead I shall gather them together as the tree gathers the breeze. The wind shall blow and I shall bend. The sky shall open and I shall drink my fill.

* Gaian Acolytes Prayer

* Accompanies the Secret Project "The Weather Paradigm"

SMAC's writing > all

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I played some more Borderlands last night. Found that Tannis woman (who wasn't exactly spectacular to see) and killed this dude called Krom. I kind of like these little.. bonuses you get from time to time. Like, when you fire enough bullets you get an experience bonus. Not that I have any clue how to reach 100,000 bullets (which gives you 20,000 xp). I've done nothing but shoot my guns and I'm still under 10,000 bullets fired..

Oh, and I went online in Dirt 2. I thought I'd have a chance, but.. not even close. Apparently there's levels online and the guys I was going up against were level 48 and 63. I was level 1.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

How I wish someone would do a remake of Alpha Centauri. Just add some functional 3D graphics and keep everything else intact...

You don't need to remake it. The original still kicks ass for what it is.

That and when you hit the quit button, there's that plainitive voice reminiscent of Hal going "Please don't leave... the Drones need you.. they look up to you....."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

There's also a total conversion in the works, making Civ IV into SMAC, called "Planetfall". Don't know how active it is nowadays, though.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Wireless network connection sucks for gaming apparently. Or at least the one we use to surf the web on the big TV does. Works fine for the web, but not for games.

When we dragged a hard cable instead, 98% of the horrible lag in Borderlands LAN went away, so, yeah. Much better. Now we can actually play (as opposed to position-shift-lag/die).

Hubby got his Siren to 50 and is working on his own Sniper. I made a Solider to go with him. Soldier's a bit dull on his own, but works well as a pair. Luv shooting hubby to heal him etc.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A hard line is always preferable for gaming, I don't know why anyone would choose to do it over wi-fi if there is a choice.

Hubby usually doesn't game much, but when he does, it's always on the big TV. Usually not LAN either. The PC doesn't stay by the TV all the time, so not really worth running wires through the walls etc. and the wireless was convenient and works fine for occasional web surfing & internet sports watching for both the laptop & the TV.

There's now a long cable running from his office, down the hall, into the family room and to the PC sitting temporarily by the TV. When he gets tired of the game it'll disappear. heh

Now we just need talk-headphones so we can stop shouting at each other down the hallway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Is it true Sid Meier is working on a X-Com game?

If it's true, my head may just assplode from too much awesome. :lol:

edit: did a quick search and it doesn't appear to be more than a rumour for now, although when 2k was contacted for confirmation they gave a "no comment" reply, which for the most part in this industry basicly means maybe...

Edited by Mikhailian

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Just finished torchlight. Best action RPG I played since Diablo (Divine Divinity excluded), very addictive. It was a breeze on hard up until the last 3 levels where I started dying like crazy. The last boss was bloody hard, or rather would have been if I didn't just spam resurrect at the entrance to the area. Even so the damn thing has a ton of health and it was a chore to kill him.

Flaws: enchanting mechanic (spammable to obscenity), sometimes there's such an overload of color on screen its impossible to see where youre clicking and the unique items are tad too far and few inbetween.

Overall verdict: very good, in its genre.

Playing now: Machinarium, first impression - wonderful (its nice to be reminded once in a while that playing computer games isnt a total waste of life)

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

^How did you get the title "Grand Crusader"? Im still at "Crusader", did they add more quests to the Argent Tournament line? I havent looked in on them since I completed "Crusader".

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=4078

"Participated in the realm first conquest of the Trial of the Grand Crusader with 50 attempts remaining in 25-player mode."

Okay, I'd like some tactical input in BG please.

Enemies: LOVE and THE SUNSHINE FRIENDS (you know who I mean)

Squad: L6 Paladin, L7 Imoen, L5-6 Jaheira, L6 Khalid, L6 Viconia, L6 Xan (no, no Minsc, the RRREEAAEERRRGH at the end of the 'Go for the eyes!' cry is ****ing annoying)

I've summoned some skeletons to distract FEAR, AVARICE is somewhere offscreen, I sic everyone on LOVE to disrupt his charm (which doesn't really work, but that doesn't matter becaaauuuse:) fighter guy (HATRED?) rips my PC apart. I'm thinking on setting the bones on LOVE, but he'd probably ignore them for a PC char. So... suggestions, suggestions, I'm all horns?