Fallout

TwinkieGorilla

Will New Vegas feature ****ty cutscene forced tactical stupidity? You know we love that, especially when outnumbered 1:4.

Like Dragon Age then? *chuckle*

you had combat cutscenes in your DA game?

More focused on the 'forced tactical stupidity' and 'You know we love that, especially when outnumbered 1:4' comment.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Dragon Age has many instances when you're talking to a group of dudes led by a mini-boss with a huge sword/axe, and when the conversation ends you're right in front of 4-5 melee guys (sometimes backed by a group of archers and/or some mages)... not really a problem for a tank or mage, but for a rogue or archer?

Hilarity usually ensues after that.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Will New Vegas feature ****ty cutscene forced tactical stupidity? You know we love that, especially when outnumbered 1:4.

Like Dragon Age then? *chuckle*

Exactly, and a certain bridge fight in NwN 2.

Okay, the latter was my own fault.

What would CRPGs be without that brilliant feature. Enemies positioned so good that Carl von Clausewitz himself would be proud and you just happen to wander right into most unoptimal position imaginable. I couldn't stop laughing on some of the Dragon Age encounters.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

What's wrong with it?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Just think, we could have had this
of Fallout 3. Not exactly awe inspiring and really looks old and tired. I'm glad we have the Fallout 3 that did come out.

Oh dear. You have no idea what you just did. Just take that back, turn away and run.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Just think, we could have had this version of Fallout 3. Not exactly awe inspiring and really looks old and tired. I'm glad we have the Fallout 3 that did come out."

No way could Interplay/BIS' FO3 be worse than one of the worse RPGs ever created. Then again, Bethesda makes crap games and have been getting away with it for 2+ decades.

FO 1 = Awesome game

FO 2 = Awesomer game

FO3 = One of the worst games evar

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No.

lol. You make me look like a Beth fanboy.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

No.

Yes FO 3 sucked

*defends Fallout 3 in a desultory fashion*

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

This is freakin' me out.

I'm scared. ;)

"Just think, we could have had this version of Fallout 3. Not exactly awe inspiring and really looks old and tired. I'm glad we have the Fallout 3 that did come out."

No way could Interplay/BIS' FO3 be worse than one of the worse RPGs ever created. Then again, Bethesda makes crap games and have been getting away with it for 2+ decades.

FO 1 = Awesome game

FO 2 = Awesomer game

Wrong as usual, Volourn.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Wrong as usual, Volourn.

actually, no. he's spot on and admittedly i never thought i'd utter such a phrase about Volourn.

Fallout: "Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition."

Fallout 2: "If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe

it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way."

Fallout 3: "I think Dad is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesn't afraid of anything..."

Fallout 3 was fun, only major flaws I could see are:

-Writing

-S.P.E.C.I.A.L. (higher levels and Broken Steel)

-C&C (or lack of)

-Lack of environmental lighting

ha! so what exactly is left? yeah, i love wasting my time with games which appear to have been written by 12 year olds and "monkeys with typewriters" especially when in the guise of an RPG.

[intelligence] Lol u kill urself, President Eden!

President Eden: lol, ok!

Edited by TwinkieGorilla

It's a little hard to get upset about Fallout 3 writing when the rest of the industry is at the same level. It is functional writing. I'm not sure why you folks expect more than that, there are probably less than a dozen games that have had excellent writing ever.