Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

I guess you clever RPG types aren't all that interested in such a primitive and simplified console game, but surely some of you have played or will play it? :(

Thoughts?

I watched a walkthrough of the singleplayer campaign, and while there's a lot of action, the plot holes are huge and numerous. I haven't actually played it, or tried the multiplayer though and I predict people whining about riot shields.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

i loved cod 4. I preordered mw2 but i probably wont even open it until after i finish borderlands with both my chars and dragon age with both my chars... so i guess i'll give mw 2 a go in about 3-4 weeks?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

When considering the single player:

Having played CoD since its original incarnation I can honestly say, I feel like I've already played this game, alot... CoD 1 through to CoD MW 2, the amount of actual change is minimal, CoD MW 2 just has more explosions, but frankly it all just seems a bit James Bond, and full of cheese. Activision have gone into this bizzare Fifa style release plan, and frankly I'm bored to tears with it, I can't think of a more linear experience. I actually think that all in all the Halo series is far superior to the CoD series of games, if only because Halo attempts AI, and I'm not being forced to walk specific lines, CoD feels like a shooter on rails.

Verdict: Most pointless overhyped game of the year.

When considering the Multiplayer:

It's alright, I suppose... But I think I'd sooner play CS, or TF2...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

When considering the single player:

Having played CoD since its original incarnation I can honestly say, I feel like I've already played this game, alot... CoD 1 through to CoD MW 2, the amount of actual change is minimal, CoD MW 2 just has more explosions, but frankly it all just seems a bit James Bond, and full of cheese. Activision have gone into this bizzare Fifa style release plan, and frankly I'm bored to tears with it, I can't think of a more linear experience. I actually think that all in all the Halo series is far superior to the CoD series of games, if only because Halo attempts AI, and I'm not being forced to walk specific lines, CoD feels like a shooter on rails.

This doesn't bother me, as long as it's fun. When those shooter games like Area 51 came out where you just clear a "screen" and then you "travel" to the next point, just to shoot up some more aliens, it was fun. I dumped many quarters into that game.

I don't expect Fallout 3 openness or Half Life 2 narrative when playing CoD games.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Not wasting my time with this, but glad to know I'm not missing much.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah dude halfway through the campaign and man the plot is ultra cheezy and over the top

In a shooter? No!

CoD4 had a somewhat realistic story. It was compact, worked well but it wasn't utterly stupid. Modern Warfare 2 though... they just throw around these crazy situations without really backing them up.

So 4 terrorists raid an airport, one of them is an undercover CIA agent who gets betrayed at the end of the level. This leads to people assuming only americans (as in, people from the US and nothing more) were the ones behind the shooting, that I can buy. But that the russians think the american government actually planned it and that Russia would immediately declare war... I don't get it. Then the american general betrays the player and I still have no idea why.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Not really rushing out for this one. I'll grab it for cheaper (perhaps a few years down the line!) for the SpecOps co-op, which seems to be an improvement over previous CoD games (varied objectives, no infinitely respawning waves).

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I guess you clever RPG types aren't all that interested in such a primitive and simplified console game, but surely some of you have played or will play it? :ermm:

Thoughts?

I watched a walkthrough of the singleplayer campaign, and while there's a lot of action, the plot holes are huge and numerous. I haven't actually played it, or tried the multiplayer though and I predict people whining about riot shields.

if you are interested mostly into Multiplayer aspect and are planning to get PC version, i recommend you to read this before you fork out the money :ermm:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/11...you-thought.ars

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The CoD formula is really worn out by now. They should inject something fresh into these games.

Man, you are talking about Activision here...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Milking the cash cow, and making people think they have to own it.

The only thing genius about COD MW 2 is that the marketing has convinced so many people that they MUST own it.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Why is the entire Internet talking about this game? I thought it was just another installment in just another FPS series that gets milked every year, but people say it can become the best-selling game of all time and whatnot. It's just weird.

20795.jpg

Not to mention when Modern Warfare 3 comes out you can expect IWnet to stop supporting MW2, making it necessary to buy the new one.

You might be confused with the WW2 Call of Duty games, which seem to have run their course. Modern Warfare is a spin-off, and a very successful one at that. From what I've seen, it is the multiplayer that sets it apart. It's like an MMO with levels and such. People eat that up.

They are exactly the same formula just with different guns.