Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

COD MW2 is definitely a game I'm looking forward to picking up. I'm not really looking forward to the campaign, but I am looking forward to online play.

Is anyone going to get or already have this game for PS3??

Awesome comic strip btw Purkake haha

Edited by zombie_hero

BEST FPS EVER.

And Im actually quite serious. It's awfully close to being the perfect shooter. Im still shaking from excitement, I just couldnt stop playing "just one more mission". And the rumours about the multiplayer are kind of exaggerated, you can play private games and everything.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

i AM really confused about the hype. I liked MW so i bought MW2, but i would have bought it regardless of the hype (unless it got bad reviews) somebody in an ad office somewhere is opening a bottle of champagne in celebration of his billion dollar paycheck

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

MW2 doesnt need hype, I was going to wait a while to get it but a good friend of mine went "buy it.. NOW" in a scary way so I had to, and it was the essence of awesomeness.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My boss was playing it on his PS3 today and invited me into the office for a bit to play some coop. I kept accidentally throwing grenades as the bumper/trigger buttons are opposite of the 360 controller. The CoD/MW games are some of the most polished and intense shooters on the market so I'm not really surprised about the hype level. I just wish IW hadn't abandoned the health kit healing system. I really don't like the healing system introduced in CoD 2 and used up to this point. Would prefer a Far Cry 2, MoH Airborne or Chronicles of Riddick healing system.

I had no intention of going near this game.. The past few years I've found I need some serious storyline to keep me interested in heavy first person shooter types..

And then my 60+ father turned around and said "oh, I'm getting it".... Of course, given that he's just finished the last Wolfenstein, maybe he just wants to shoot things up in his retirement these days..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

nerds can be so angry... prolly why they remain nerds.

cool people know how to be cool, nerds know only the RAGE of the internetz

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"Hostility between the nerds shows up for pretty much the same reasons it does everywhere in nerddom. A mix of tribalism and the belief, deep in every nerd's soul, that winning an Internet argument entitles you to take your enemy's catgirl."

I just wish IW hadn't abandoned the health kit healing system. I really don't like the healing system introduced in CoD 2 and used up to this point. Would prefer a Far Cry 2, MoH Airborne or Chronicles of Riddick healing system.

So you LIKE having to run around picking up magic healthboxes and having to restart a level because you got to a checkpoint with too little health to make it through the the fight? You're nutter, thats what you are. Masochist.

Kaften, you make me facepalm so hard I gave myself a black eye.

That's just because you're a smelly hippie druid type who reeks of organic vegetables and whalesong CD's. I blow my nose in your general direction, good sir!

LOL I love the nerdrage reviews for the PC version.

"This is just my honest review of MW2....blahbalhblahb" Final Score: 0.0/10

Yes, I'm sure you're being honest haha.

Heh, yep. I like the reviews that start off with "Well Activision invited us out to play the game..." as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm confused about the outrage over the game. It is very clearly an FPS game, and if you don't like FPS games then it isn't for you.

Ok... I'm fairly sure people weren't outraged because it's a FPS. :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Although how much of the "media hysteria outrage" over it was whipped up for publicity reasons is another matter...

So you LIKE having to run around picking up magic healthboxes and having to restart a level because you got to a checkpoint with too little health to make it through the the fight? You're nutter, thats what you are. Masochist.

I like to think of the movie Saving Private Ryan where a soldier is on the beach with his guts hanging out of his stomach yelling, 'Momma, MOMMA!', then I imagine another soldier rushing up and saying 'just shut up and hide behind this cover here'. Then a slurping sound as his guts pull themselves back into his stomach and the wound seals up. The soldier then rushes out, gets hit again and has his guts hanging out again, so, he just goes and hides behind that wall again.

Also, all the examples I gave all feature health regeneration, except they have health split into sections so you never get too far down that a battle is impossible. I don't mind certain amounts of simplification/dumbing down/mainstreaming but CoD series went too far IMHO. Might as well just remove ammo and grenade counters while they are at it.

I mean really, whats next in CoD? Nukes in MP that destroy the enemy team and end the match? Oh, wait... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7otvIzUvLko :ermm:

I like to think of the movie Saving Private Ryan where a soldier is on the beach with his guts hanging out of his stomach yelling, 'Momma, MOMMA!', then I imagine another soldier rushing up and saying 'just shut up and hide behind this cover here'. Then a slurping sound as his guts pull themselves back into his stomach and the wound seals up. The soldier then rushes out, gets hit again and has his guts hanging out again, so, he just goes and hides behind that wall again.

As opposed to "Hang on their soldier, I'll touch you with a few of these magical kits and you'll never know the difference :ermm:

Neither are particularly grounded in realism :p