What you did today

Gorth

I enjoy the service very much and I find the quality to be fine, the problem I have is with their selection of stream-able material. Doesn't quite make sense to me why it takes so incredibly long for everything to get online play. I also like it because I have no need to pirate movies.

Aye...it doesn't look terrible or anything, very watchable. It's just not anywhere near HD on PC (don't know about the 'direct to TV' using boxes etc options).

I think the aspect of Netflix I'll like most is being able to re-watch favorite films (or check out ones you weren't sure you'd like) almost as much as I want, when I want, without having to pay $3-5 for each one ala retail rentals. :) So it's a great bargain in that regard.

Very new releases I'll probably still just order them on cable's HD on-demand instead.

I feel like they've been adding new stuff at a pretty rapid rate. Granted, the newer movies aren't on there, but there are a great bunch of older films and TV shows.

But you need a pretty high end connection to get a decent picture. It'd be nice if they let you adjust the quality and buffer rate yourself, I'd wait a little longer to stream a better picture myself.

I remember I once had a particularly slutty housemate who was an actress. I was wading through the colllective pots and pans when I had an engagement ring thrust under my nose. My single heartfelt comment was, "Do I have to learn this one's name then?" She didn't speak to me for days.

That must have been nice, not having to speak to them for days. :(

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I am looking after my friend's dog for the week. He's a funny little feller. It's weird to have stopping work once an hour to chase something round the house or taking him on sniffing patrol of the neighbourhood.

I also discovered that he's helpful for my singing practice in that he sits staring at me, and his ears move back or forth depending on whether I'm singing off key or not. It's hilarious. :ermm:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I feel like they've been adding new stuff at a pretty rapid rate. Granted, the newer movies aren't on there, but there are a great bunch of older films and TV shows.

But you need a pretty high end connection to get a decent picture. It'd be nice if they let you adjust the quality and buffer rate yourself, I'd wait a little longer to stream a better picture myself.

If you press ctrl+shift+alt+s while in the browser you can alter the buffer but it only goes up to 1500 & so far that's what I'm always on anyway. :/ The enforced 15-20 min buffer is a bit annoying, along with the fact every time you scroll forward the player resets with the 'starting up/detecting quality setting' red screen.

One can spend an awful lot of time rating movies...kinda fun initially. I've rated 1500+ so far. It's made me realize how many awful horror flicks are made, that I've never seen (and don't want to) as well as how stingy I am with a 5 star rating. -_-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've spent the last few days buried in work. Both at my job and on my book. The job work is done now, all the applications for new tower builds are in for the year and design on each has been approved. I'm going to Nashville tomorrow to meet with the FCC and out companys lawyers on a license dispute. Should be as much fun as eating a live scorpion. The book is really coming together. I may even finish it. Getting it published is another matter. I might self publish if it's not too expensive.

By the way, did you guys hear Tiger Woods has been dropped from the American Team in the Ryder Cup? It seems he has a history of being beaten by Europeans! :lol:

Oh yeah... what do Tiger Woods and baby seals have in common? Both get clubbed by Scandinavians :lol:

I head a bunch of them today...

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Canadians Guard Dog, Canadians... Scandinavians are something different (insert generic joke about americans and geography here) :lol:

Got my economic stimulus package (thats the sp pension from atp for the local danes) courtesy of the danish state. I guess I have to go looking for some danish cheese down in the grocery store in order to stimulate danish economy :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Canadians Guard Dog, Canadians... Scandinavians are something different (insert generic joke about americans and geography here) ;)

Got my economic stimulus package (thats the sp pension from atp for the local danes) courtesy of the danish state. I guess I have to go looking for some danish cheese down in the grocery store in order to stimulate danish economy :lol:

I don't make em up, I just repeat em. Besides, that dosen't work either, is wife if from Norway IIRC. I just assumed somewhere in Scandinavia they still had seal hunting. Otherwise the joke doesnt work at all.

Heres another one...

Whats the difference between a Cadillac and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a golf ball further than 400m. :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Being sick sucks.

Whats the difference between a Cadillac and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a golf ball further than 400m. :lol:

This was my friend's facebook status. Completely irrelevant, but I thought I'd put it in there.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I just assumed somewhere in Scandinavia they still had seal hunting. Otherwise the joke doesnt work at all.

We Swedes hunt seals when the population grows big enough to mess with the fishery. They tend to use rifles though, not bludgeons.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

had a pretty crazy busy week so far, and the weekend is sounding like it's gonna be pretty hectic too

got the work xmas party tonight. which, if it's anything like last year's one - will be EPIC

a few thousand people and unlimited free booze and food :)

then another party tomorrow night as well

plus i'm working all day during the weekend too, so not gonna be sleeping much (if at all)

ooh and on tuesday i'm gonna be spending the day with the girl i met at the fetish ball ;)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

The dog got hold of my underpants and had his head stuck through one of the legholes, running around. Humorousness just got pushed up a notch. :lol:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm off work until next Thursday. I was going to fix the barn roof but its cold and raining. It is supposed to snow later to to hell with it. So I went to Gibberlings 3 to see what new BG mods are out. I loaded up a few, made a new PC (druid this time) and giving it yet another run through. This will be the first time I've played in 3 years.

Thomas Sowell

I just saw a group of swans fly by the window, which seems odd to me since I've never seen them around here before.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

went to the work party last night - got crazy drunk on lots of free booze

then left to go to a friends party, but stopped off at the way at another friends and got given a free ticket to an awesome gig, so went there instead

met some random girl that bought me even more booze

all in all a good night - and i didn't spend a cent! :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Only time I

-Elwood Blues

then left to go to a friends party, but stopped off at the way at another friends and got given a free ticket to an awesome gig, so went there instead

all in all a good night - and i didn't spend a cent! :)

This just made me cry. I USED to have nights like that. Damn you Shryke!

:lol:

Thomas Sowell

all in all a good night - and i didn't spend a cent! :)

This just made me cry. I USED to have nights like that. Damn you Shryke!

:lol:

Let's kill him.

-Elwood Blues