What you did today

Gorth

Being Korean, I have enough anecdotal evidence of people who dated for 6-9 years before marrying... heh.

Being someone who lives near South Beach, I have enough anecdotal evidence of people who date for 6-9 minutes before marrying. :wowey::lol:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Being Korean, I have enough anecdotal evidence of people who dated for 6-9 years before marrying... heh.

Being someone who lives near South Beach, I have enough anecdotal evidence of people who date for 6-9 minutes before marrying. :wowey::lol:

Being a master of feline psychology, I have enough anecdotal evidence of people who who date for 6-9 seconds before marrying.

See what I did there? :)

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I worked... only had one jerk today most people understood how things went. but the one guy basically made a fuss about waiting 30 minutes on line while two of us rang orders, we had a third but his ONLY job was to stand in back and process what we took in that day. The guy got snarky to the assistant manager who turned around and got snarky back while saying that "this is the only way we can even POSSIBLY attempt to keep up with business" and the guy promptly said (as the manager went to get his games) something along the lines of "I hate when the employee's get all pissy for failing at their jobs" manager didn't hear, and I only half heard it.

Business basically died at 6 pm, but still we managed to sell over 300k in product.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I remember I once had a particularly slutty housemate who was an actress. I was wading through the colllective pots and pans when I had an engagement ring thrust under my nose. My single heartfelt comment was, "Do I have to learn this one's name then?" She didn't speak to me for days.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just how many people does one have to have sexual intercourse with to earn the label "slut"? Does the amount vary based on gender?

Bringing them back in pairs, and leaving the less robust one on the downstairs couch half way through.

EDIT: and by less robust I mean 'prop in the RAF rugby team'.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I worked... only had one jerk today most people understood how things went. but the one guy basically made a fuss about waiting 30 minutes on line while two of us rang orders, we had a third but his ONLY job was to stand in back and process what we took in that day. The guy got snarky to the assistant manager who turned around and got snarky back while saying that "this is the only way we can even POSSIBLY attempt to keep up with business" and the guy promptly said (as the manager went to get his games) something along the lines of "I hate when the employee's get all pissy for failing at their jobs" manager didn't hear, and I only half heard it.

Business basically died at 6 pm, but still we managed to sell over 300k in product.

whups, missed a decimal point, 30k in product, and the registers contained more than my annual salary (after having money removed during the day).

trying to stay awake till the end of my shift

it's been a weekend full of parties and barbecues and work and i'm feeling pretty damn tired by the end of it...

thankfully i get a couple of days off soon, though i'm gonna be pretty busy then too, but i'll get to catch up on some sleep

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Remembered that the Bioware forums still exist, went back.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

"...And I missed the meeting where spending 30 bucks gave you an MBA."

-Elwood Blues

I found out that one of my uncles died on Thursday and his funeral was today.

I hope you made it, man. I really like all my uncles.

-Elwood Blues

Unfortunately I wasn't. It was up in Minnesota. It was probably a small service. That particular uncle of mine served in Korea and Vietnam, was rather opinionated and an outdoors type, and had a 1950's mindset and values. Overall a very nice man, but also a product of his times.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Discussed schools in my sociology class... and only talked about the inequalities and segregation of schools *rolls eyes* making an appointment for the dean tommarow.

Discussed schools in my sociology class... and only talked about the inequalities and segregation of schools *rolls eyes* making an appointment for the dean tommarow.

Good lad. You may count on us for support.

-Elwood Blues

Tried Netflix for the 1st time. It's nice to stream all these movies to my PC screen, but little disappointed in streaming video quality. Even Hulu at 480 looks a bit better when fullscreen. Lots think it's the MS Silverlight player or sneaky throttling. Oh well, what can you expect for 9-13 a month. It looks ok overall and it keeps you from hogging too much bandwidth. :ermm:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tried Netflix for the 1st time. It's nice to stream all these movies to my PC screen, but little disappointed in streaming video quality. Even Hulu at 480 looks a bit better when fullscreen. Lots think it's the MS Silverlight player or sneaky throttling. Oh well, what can you expect for 9-13 a month. It looks ok overall and it keeps you from hogging too much bandwidth. :)

I enjoy the service very much and I find the quality to be fine, the problem I have is with their selection of stream-able material. Doesn't quite make sense to me why it takes so incredibly long for everything to get online play. I also like it because I have no need to pirate movies.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Unfortunately I wasn't. It was up in Minnesota. It was probably a small service. That particular uncle of mine served in Korea and Vietnam, was rather opinionated and an outdoors type, and had a 1950's mindset and values. Overall a very nice man, but also a product of his times.

You should check his effects and make sure anything historical gets preserved.

-Elwood Blues

I enjoy the service very much and I find the quality to be fine, the problem I have is with their selection of stream-able material. Doesn't quite make sense to me why it takes so incredibly long for everything to get online play. I also like it because I have no need to pirate movies.

Aye...it doesn't look terrible or anything, very watchable. It's just not anywhere near HD on PC (don't know about the 'direct to TV' using boxes etc options).

I think the aspect of Netflix I'll like most is being able to re-watch favorite films (or check out ones you weren't sure you'd like) almost as much as I want, when I want, without having to pay $3-5 for each one ala retail rentals. :) So it's a great bargain in that regard.

Very new releases I'll probably still just order them on cable's HD on-demand instead.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sounds like a great guy. Sorry for you loss. RIP