Witcher 2 'leaked' video

Maria Caliban

• 3 weeks later...

the game looks fantastic. almost like a live-action movie in the scenes with the city guards :thumbsup:

I don't like what I'm hearing, though. a bunch of ideas struck me as ... amateurish.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The animations in the video are really good looking. Especially how Geralt stabs that one dude in the dungeon.

I've preordered the game already some days ago via GoG. Hope it's worth it. Right now, I hope it will not turn out to be a Mass Effect-like game.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Like what?

gah... don't make me watch the whole video again :thumbsup:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Amateurish? I like studios who try to do things differently. You have to accept that curveballs sometimes go wide.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't like what I'm hearing, though. a bunch of ideas struck me as ... amateurish.

What kind? Gameplay ideas or character ideas? If it's the latter, some of those ideas certainly seems straight-forward and quite simple, like the elf whose natural beauty was tarnished by the acts of men, or the man who lost his humanity to politics.

What kind? Gameplay ideas or character ideas? If it's the latter, some of those ideas certainly seems straight-forward and quite simple, like the elf whose natural beauty was tarnished by the acts of men, or the man who lost his humanity to politics.

Still they are more complex then Bioware characters..

It's coming for consoles as well, they have already shown the game running on X360.

No, they didn't? AFAIK officially TW2 is being released right now only on PC, with strong possibility for appearing on consoles as well (various hints by devs about multiplatform engine they developed and so on). Every showing of the game was made on PCs, but on some occasions they used Xbox 360 controllers (yeah, you can use them with PCs, too).

I'm not saying it won't be released on consoles (as it most probably will), but so far the devs haven't stated officialy there will be console versions, so they couldn't be showing game on Xbox :lol:

I like this game is only coming out for 1071780-1267565871-11032731203566373PCMasterRace2.PNG

Frankly, that image is somewhat demeaning. I'm much more glorious and radiant than that.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

If they released Witcher 2 for PC only, they would almost assuredly fold.

You mean, like with the original The Witcher? :p

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 4 weeks later...

Some new footage.

Looks still rough around the edges. Combat looks like it has a lot of options, but I'm not sure why they don't just let you pause to select abilities.. it sounds.. annoying. It's a pre-beta build, and the video isn't exactly hi-res, so it's difficult to give a judgment on performance, but it's fairly clear that there's still work to do, especially considering that the first Witcher wasn't that well optimized of a game. Encounter design looks a little.. game-y? This band of guards that spawn like that do not really make for a convincing gameworld in my opinion. Also, it looks like there ARE loading times, after all, just very quick ones.

It's coming for consoles as well, they have already shown the game running on X360.
That was Rise of the White Wolf, which was cancelled.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The footage didn't seem too rough to me, I like how the gameworld looks (though my laptop will die), I liked the murder investigation bit (even if you shouldn't be able to do it all through dialogue options), and combat looks pretty fun as well, better than the original Witcher certainly. I agree the encounter positions are a bit odd, though. As for pause menu, I think the slow motion is slow enough that usually, you can do what you want before anything really happens in the gameworld, so not too big a deal for me.

edit: watching the latest dev diary, again, I think the game looks great - a lot of variety and colour in the world, and if they carry through with their promise about world design that takes into account how people/monsters in it live, even better.

• 2 weeks later...